Share | 

www.BriSCAf1stox.co.uk

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
85 'n' 525

Number of posts : 42
Registration date : 2011-01-24

PostSubject: www.BriSCAf1stox.co.uk   Mon Dec 30, 2013 8:26 pm

Just a note to say that I am removing the site on 31st December 2013.

Its been up in its current state for 3 years now and I have had enough of it  Crying or Very sad 
My information and pictures have dried up and it seems to have become static as I cannot correct or enhance the site alone anymore.
I have been in need of a new impetuous but sadly none has been forthcoming.  
So sadly I am taking it down.

HOWEVER........................

As BriSCA F1's enters its 60th year, I couldn't miss the opportunity for people to revisit the past, so as of 1st January 2014 a refreshed site will be available!  bounce 

Changes you will see are :
1) New colour scheme, hopefully making the site brighter and exciting, rather than dull and black!! Also a new banner created by Stu Stretton has been introduced.
2) New 20 Random Pictures link - Top of each main page. If you just wish to see pictures then just keep refreshing the page! If one catches your eye then click on it and a new tab will be opened to the driver/track concerned. Once you have viewed what you desire to, just close that tab down and continue where you where.
3) 50% of 1955 Results have been added - That's 135 Meetings!! I am up to 24th June 1955, which is the first ever World Final at Harringay.
4) Some 1954 programmes have been added, but most have no results, but at least we know the final winners of those meetings.
5) Numerous photo's have been added, mostly thanks to Martin Downs / Allan White who has been posting them on Facebook.

Further photo's have sourced from the BBC4 video of a meeting at Northampton in 1962.

With no numbering system in place for 1954 - 1956, some artistic licence has been introduced in allocating numbers to drivers, but where a driver was renowned for a certain number after 1956, this has been used for 1954 - 1956. If a number was duplicated ie Fred Mitchell #38 & Tanya Crouch #38, a letter has been added to one of the drivers. So Tanya Crouch became 38i, but somewhere in her career she will be listed as 38, hence you can find her under number "38".

Its not a conscience science but it allows me to list as many drivers as possible to make the results fuller!

Still to do :
1) The remaining 50% of the 1955 Results.
2) 500 more pictures to add - mostly from facebook!
3) Source the missing information on the Championships - Any help would be appreciated!!
4) Long Term : New section on "Influential People in BriSCA F1 History".

HOPE YOU ALL ENJOY THE "FRESHER" SITE & IT CONTRIBUTES TO THE 60th CELEBRATIONS OF BriSCA F1 STOCK CAR RACING in 2014  cheers
Back to top Go down
http://www.briscaf1stox.co.uk

www.BriSCAf1stox.co.uk
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1