Norfolk arena statement

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
steven

Number of posts : 1258
Registration date : 2007-07-06

PostSubject: Re: Norfolk arena statement   Sun May 25, 2014 11:12 am

As stated, most are second meetings of a weekend which inevitably means a higher percentage of non attendees - to be fair to drivers, most do cancel however too late to be updated. Lists tend not to be updated after Friday night due to workload. Same happens F2 wise when there is a Saturday night shale and Sunday monday with us.
Other formulae where bookings are supplied centrally, V8's at Sheffield - 20 confirmed, another 5 provisional, 18 raced - list supplied by V8's themselves - REBELS last Sunday at Stoke were 2/3 short. list supplied by Rebels -

Saloons and F1's can see a lot of last minute cancellations if the weather forecast is pretty grim.

Stoke had 45 F1's compared to 51 booked [ 1 provisional ] - 6 Cannot answer that particularly, Sheffield was - 5 nett - ALL CANCELLED Sunday / Monday after damage at Coventry. BV March and April were same numbers as booking lists given +/- . During the week Monday - Friday, lists can be updated, weekends are more difficult as changes come on very late and we just do not have the time to amend. 39 is a great number - we would be quite happy with 29 equally - we appreciate the extreme efforts drivers go to in getting on track in the first place.

Ringing drivers up truing to cajole them into racing isn't effective either, Guy works hard in this department however sometimes a driver 'will agree' to get you off the phone and then forget he has done so......Every one from promoters to drivers work hard to maximise cars on track for fans - They can do no more. Drivers attend when they can.

Lists are guidelines - Coventry do not produce a list, if they did then the same story would come into place, at Coventry it is not uncommon to have had up to 10 cancellations + in the last 24 hours - It would actually be better not to have booking lists at all to be honest - or, interpret them as what they are 'in good faith' - There is no gain in anyone deliberately 'adding' to a list

It's sort of not broke - don't fix it unless there is a 100% fool proof system, and if humans are involved at any point - it don't existbounce
Back to top Go down
J4LMP

Number of posts : 1985
Registration date : 2008-04-10

PostSubject: Re: Norfolk arena statement   Sun May 25, 2014 11:48 am

steven wrote:
As stated, most are second meetings of a weekend which inevitably means a higher percentage of non attendees - to be fair to drivers, most do cancel however too late to be updated. Lists tend not to be updated after Friday night due to workload. Same happens F2 wise when there is a Saturday night shale and Sunday monday with us.
Other formulae where bookings are supplied centrally, V8's at Sheffield - 20 confirmed, another 5 provisional, 18 raced - list supplied by V8's themselves - REBELS last Sunday at Stoke were 2/3 short. list supplied by Rebels -

Saloons and F1's can see a lot of last minute cancellations if the weather forecast is pretty grim.

Stoke had 45 F1's compared to 51 booked [ 1 provisional ] - 6 Cannot answer that particularly, Sheffield was - 5 nett - ALL CANCELLED Sunday / Monday after damage at Coventry. BV March and April were same numbers as booking lists given +/- . During the week Monday - Friday, lists can be updated, weekends are more difficult as changes come on very late and we just do not have the time to amend. 39 is a great number - we would be quite happy with 29 equally - we appreciate the extreme efforts drivers go to in getting on track in the first place.

Ringing drivers up truing to cajole them into racing isn't effective either, Guy works hard in this department however sometimes a driver 'will agree' to get you off the phone and then forget he has done so......Every one from promoters to drivers work hard to maximise cars on track for fans - They can do no more. Drivers attend when they can.

Lists are guidelines - Coventry do not produce a list, if they did then the same story would come into place, at Coventry it is not uncommon to have had up to 10 cancellations + in the last 24 hours - It would actually be better not to have booking lists at all to be honest - or, interpret them as what they are 'in good faith' - There is no gain in anyone deliberately 'adding' to a list

It's sort of not broke - don't fix it unless there is a 100% fool proof system, and if humans are involved at any point - it don't existbounce

Solution is right there!!!! Don't do a list, simples.... Just go to the meeting regardless, and if your favourite drivers arrives its a bonus cheers
Back to top Go down
Carl H

Number of posts : 1686
Registration date : 2007-06-19

PostSubject: Re: Norfolk arena statement   Sun May 25, 2014 1:07 pm

I can usually predict to the nearest half dozen or so how many cars are going to be at a meeting, so while an advance booking list will occasionally be of interest if there's new or unexpected names on it, it makes no difference as to whether we go to a meeting or not.

I was once booked in for a meeting that I ultimately didn't race at. Tried ringing to cancel a few times but couldn't get through. Burn me at the stake. I deserve it.
Back to top Go down
steven

PostSubject: Re: Norfolk arena statement   Sun May 25, 2014 2:16 pm

I'll break a habit - 197 just cancelled as car needs technical modifications after last night - Still 2 heats at moment

Nothing else received - and time wise will be last update of the day as got a myriad of things to do for rest of day!

Cracking entry and one cannot ask for more even if 2/3 for some reason - still plenty of cars!

Good effort by drivers
Back to top Go down
Dave Wayne

Number of posts : 769
Registration date : 2007-07-18

PostSubject: Re: Norfolk arena statement   Sun May 25, 2014 9:14 pm

J4LMP wrote:
Solution is right there!!!! Don't do a list, simples.... Just go to the meeting regardless, and if your favourite drivers arrives its a bonus cheers

That's fine if you only follow one formula but doesn't work so well if you are trying to decide which meeting to go to.
I don't decide whether to go racing or not based on a drivers list (that is dictated by finances and family commitments), but I do use the drivers lists to make a decision as to which meeting is potentially better on some weekends.
This week is a good example. I will go to one meeting but am undecided as to whether I should go to Northampton on Saturday for F1 and Ministox, or Sheffield on Sunday for F2, Saloons, and V8s.
I fully appreciate that the lists will not be 100% accurate, but it will help to give me guidance as to where would give me better value for money.
Back to top Go down
A1 NOS

Number of posts : 2182
Registration date : 2007-09-23

PostSubject: Re: Norfolk arena statement   Sun May 25, 2014 9:58 pm

Dave Wayne wrote:

That's fine if you only follow one formula.

Is there anything other than F1 Dave?
I did always think the "other" formulas were just an opportunity to walk round the pits.

This week is a good example. I will go to one meeting but am undecided as to whether I should go to Northampton on Saturday for F1 and Ministox, or Sheffield on Sunday for F2, Saloons, and V8s.

Do NIR and the F1's. Pains me to say that I might see you there. 😳
Back to top Go down
http://www.driveandprotect.com
sausage

Number of posts : 2526
Registration date : 2010-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Norfolk arena statement   Sun May 25, 2014 10:06 pm

Well rowing aside, this topic if nothing else has shed a lot of clarity on the subject. Another suggestion is even if there is a booking list available; DONT YOU/ME THE INDIVIDUAL LOOK AT THE DARN THING. hey presto, no booking list.
Which if i'd have done last week, no buxton, and no slapped bottom!..

If i get word that drivers not turning up for a meeting swear they never booked in in the first place I will be back with this one..bom..
Back to top Go down
steven

PostSubject: Re: Norfolk arena statement   Tue May 27, 2014 6:37 pm

For those interested:

135 James Bailey - cancelled 9.am Monday morning having worked all night and failed fitting a gearbox which had been returned faulty!

197 Cancelled midday Sunday as car needs a complete rework after K/L debut

51 was on permanent list but was only marked provisional - and we did not check!

321 Booked in - did not turn up - no information received as to why

39 were on the booking list - 2 cancelled, 1 was provisional, 37 raced [ and 97 was also booked and missed off list but cancelled with same problems as Ryan Sunday ]

Pretty accurate list on this occasion

I have actually checked the last 3 drivers lists v attendees v cancellations - difference is we do not normally post the cancellations or reasons.

Thanks to ALL drivers for support and putting on a great show
Back to top Go down
J4LMP

Number of posts : 1985
Registration date : 2008-04-10

PostSubject: Re: Norfolk arena statement   Tue May 27, 2014 7:19 pm

steven wrote:
For those interested:

135 James Bailey - cancelled 9.am Monday morning having worked all night and failed fitting a gearbox which had been returned faulty!

197 Cancelled midday Sunday as car needs a complete rework after K/L debut

51 was on permanent list but was only marked provisional - and we did not check!

321 Booked in - did not turn up - no information received as to why

39 were on the booking list - 2 cancelled, 1 was provisional, 37 raced [ and 97 was also booked and missed off list but cancelled with same problems as Ryan Sunday ]

Pretty accurate list on this occasion

I have actually checked the last 3 drivers lists v attendees v cancellations - difference is we do not normally post the cancellations or reasons.

Thanks to ALL drivers for support and putting on a great show

37 out of 39, can't argue you with that Steve and it didn't rain either, well stone the crows lol... hats of to you for the detailed update, you can't really do much more!

I truly hope the above example you have given carries on for as long as possible. Very Happy

You have made your point and we have made ours, we could/I continue to give many other facts and figures for many previous meetings but as you have previously said, going over old ground and apparently we all have to think positive cheers

See you at the Stoke semi-final, regardless of who or who isn't booked in or turns up...

Again, thanks for taking the time to reply!!!
Back to top Go down
A1 NOS

PostSubject: Re: Norfolk arena statement   Tue May 27, 2014 7:40 pm

The toilets at Spa were very clean and tidy at the weekend.

Right, where's my coat, I'm off.
Back to top Go down
steven

PostSubject: Re: Norfolk arena statement   Wed May 28, 2014 4:21 pm

LOL!

Have done similar in the past when time permits for me to forensically check the sheets and compile who has received the cancellations as currently they can come to booking line on answer phone, text or phone to me, e-mail or pm!

Idea for centralisation does have merits - lets see
Back to top Go down
A1 NOS

PostSubject: Re: Norfolk arena statement   Wed May 28, 2014 4:28 pm

steven wrote:
LOL!

Have done similar in the past when time permits for me to forensically check the sheets and compile who has received the cancellations as currently they can come to booking line on answer phone, text or phone to me, e-mail or pm!

Idea for centralisation does have merits - lets see

With mobiles, text, Whatsapp, Facebook, twitter it really shouldn't be difficult for parties to communicate with each other.

Back to top Go down
steven

PostSubject: Re: Norfolk arena statement   Wed May 28, 2014 4:30 pm

Some of us are old with fat stubby fingers and a Blackberry!lol!
Back to top Go down
A1 NOS

PostSubject: Re: Norfolk arena statement   Wed May 28, 2014 4:35 pm

steven wrote:
Some of us are old with fat stubby fingers and a Blackberry!lol!

Why don't you employ a young foxy blonde Steve to do your admin.

Oh had on a minute. I did that and it cost me a house. Shocked
Back to top Go down
Southy

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2011-11-22

PostSubject: Re: Norfolk arena statement   Wed May 28, 2014 4:37 pm

That is a low number of no shows. Problem is that with these cars anything can happen either on the way or when loading the cars up. You cant guarantee your attendance until your actually at the track and even then you cant guarantee that you will get your car onto the track.
Back to top Go down
Beefy

Number of posts : 2004
Registration date : 2007-05-31

PostSubject: Re: Norfolk arena statement   Mon Aug 11, 2014 10:14 am

Beefy wrote:
Maybe there should be a centralised booking in system? Run by the BSCDA? After all they have control of the drivers and that would stop promoters being blamed/accused of the inaccuracies?

Even if promoters did away with publishing booking lists. I'm sure there would be chinese whisper based lists on the likes of facebook, twitter etc and they could be even more misleading?

I see that the BSCDA have introduced this. Following taken from the BSCDA website news section

All drivers will book in for ALL MEETINGS WITH THE EXCEPTION OF COVENTRY STADIUM with the BSCDA Secretary, Sophie Clark.

Telephone / Text 07961 820 884 (Answerphone after 8pm)

Email bscda@yahoo.co.uk

With regard to Coventry Stadium, please inform Dave Robottom in the Track Shop or Telephone 02476 421 432 between 9am & 8pm

Text : 07790 591 092

Email : dave@robottom.eclipse.co.uk

ALL other bookings will go through the BSCDA office and then be compiled and sent to the Promoters.

DEADLINES

You need to book in for your meeting before Monday 12pm so that Promoters print deadlines can be met. You must cancel your booking by Friday 8pm. If you are booked to appear on a Sunday/Monday and damage from the previous day stops you racing you must cancel by 9am race day. If you fail to cancel your booking, you will be fined 25 which must be paid within 7 days or before your next race meeting, whichever is sooner. All cancellations must be through the central booking office see above for contact information.

Number of posts : 2114
Registration date : 2007-12-07

PostSubject: Re: Norfolk arena statement   Mon Aug 11, 2014 5:54 pm

Hooray!.......great move and long overdue. Like I have said on previous occasions......
Subject: Re: Norfolk arena statement Mon Apr 28, 2014 7:46 am Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post
What a shame No I personally lay the blame whith both the promotors/BSCDA. I have said it before and will say it once more..........there should be ONE central booking contact at the BSCDA (no wrong numbers/confusion and they will be in full knowlege of driver "stand downs"). The BSCDA should present a list of drivers wishing to race 1 week prior to the event and inform the relevent promotion of any cancellations during the upcoming days to the event......this process would also allow the BSCDA to guage the general feeling among drivers regards attitudes to certain promotions and also the way car specs'/cost are influencing their racing habits. This would allow the promotor to get on with doing some promoting also!

And what red blooded driver could turn Sophie down if she asked them to come lol!
Back to top Go down
Grafter

PostSubject: Re: Norfolk arena statement   Thu Aug 14, 2014 8:15 am

Who do you call to book in for the world final though?
Back to top Go down
Beefy

Number of posts : 2004
Registration date : 2007-05-31

PostSubject: Re: Norfolk arena statement   Fri Aug 15, 2014 6:09 pm

Grafter wrote:

Why? Have you got a car? You've kept that quiet!lol!

PostSubject: Re: Norfolk arena statement   Sat Aug 16, 2014 1:47 am

Beefy wrote:
Grafter wrote:

Why? Have you got a car? You've kept that quiet!lol!

Yes I have! Unfortunately its a diesel and does not comly with the rules lol!

But Steve has answered my question on that other site..........
"F1 Driver bookings will open after 25th August when drivers with Startrax attendance points have been confirmed bookings should be made to Sophie on/after 1st September BOOKINGS WILL CLOSE Friday 12th September 2014"

So Sophie is handling the driver bookings for THIS Coventry. Sadly the booking in date is a bit confusing.....bookings open after the 25th of August (well 7 days after) on the 1st of Sept' scratch
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Norfolk arena statement   

Back to top Go down

Norfolk arena statement
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2