Birmingham British, your expectations.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
sausage

Number of posts : 2526
Registration date : 2010-01-19

PostSubject: Birmingham British, your expectations.   Wed Jun 04, 2014 11:35 pm

Tarmac has taken a right slating this past few weeks, the upcoming Birmingham British championship promises to be a belter!!...
or does it ?  Suspect ..

If this falls flat on its face llke last years at Buxton, then Tarmac racing is officialy dead.
You couldnt pick a better driver freindly venue so all in all, its gonna be massive!.

What are you the paying fan expecting for your hard   
earned??..
Is it too much to expect that, obvuously the car parks will be full in no time, so i expect extra security on to ward off the theiving gets who prey on the parked cars. Giving much needed confidence to car owners inside.
I expect 45 F1's in attendance, definatly no less  than 40.
I expect to pay 20 quid. 22 tops, and definatly not 25 quid...
The crowd is going to be huge, i expect this, surely no prat is gonna take a bleedin deckchair and station it german style in between turns 3-4.
id expect staff or comman sense tell them to shift it.
Food
Back to top Go down
sausage

PostSubject: Re: Birmingham British, your expectations.   Wed Jun 04, 2014 11:44 pm

Food is good at Birmingham, you do expect to miss a race though while queing for it though.
Therefore i expect additional food outlets to cope with the massive crowd. And not just extra staff on inside the hut.
If none of these expectations bear fruit, and Birmingham are expecting to get away with taking all that revenue and put sod all extra in place ? then it would set stockcars back a long way..
The Sausage expects !!.. cyclops ...

What do you expect..  Question  Question .....
Back to top Go down
Carl H

Number of posts : 1686
Registration date : 2007-06-19

PostSubject: Re: Birmingham British, your expectations.   Thu Jun 05, 2014 7:30 am

Seeing as I'm not going, I expect it will be an absolute cracker!
Back to top Go down
tim1203

Number of posts : 1379
Registration date : 2009-05-09

PostSubject: Re: Birmingham British, your expectations.   Thu Jun 05, 2014 7:32 am

I expect your expecting too much Sausage, of course J4 will have his deck chair in place, it's Birmingham so the extra food outlets will be on benefit strset,
Hazel Cook will though be handing out picnic hampers, Steve Rees will be toilet moniter, Mr Sandhu will be on hand - doing a valuation, and Beaks will be telling all and sundry "everythings cushty".
And Sausage, when Tom Harris wins, no talk of traction control Smile.
Back to top Go down
Mike Ashcroft

Number of posts : 511
Registration date : 2007-10-16

PostSubject: Re: Birmingham British, your expectations.   Thu Jun 05, 2014 8:13 am

Not being a massive fan of shale I hope it's a cracker.
Having to "cut my cloth" a little this year so hope that that the measures the BSCDA have put in place start to bite soon.
Hope the weather is good as it's not fun as a spectator at Brum in the wet (always loved it when I raced though)
Hope there's enough cars to gris 5 heats and a final (love the British format).
Hope Incaworth put some more staff on in the bar so I can get a beer on the same night I joined the queue.
Hope the meetings builds to a give us a great final with several "going for it" like only Birmingham can.
Hope all the drivers put on a great show and stay safe.

If the meeting doesn't provide at least some of the above (with regard to attendance particularly) I think I'll be giving serious consideration to staying away from the Euro weekend for the first time in xyz years.

Mike
Back to top Go down
http://www.ashcroft.stoxnet.com
sausage

PostSubject: Re: Birmingham British, your expectations.   Thu Jun 05, 2014 8:56 am

Well,  'i expect' soon became 'i hope'  lol! .....  

I EXPECT rob speak to be triunphant....
Back to top Go down
beaks

Number of posts : 414
Registration date : 2008-09-28

PostSubject: Re: Birmingham British, your expectations.   Thu Jun 05, 2014 10:39 am

Last edited by beaks on Thu Jun 05, 2014 3:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.thekfoundation.com
sausage

PostSubject: Re: Birmingham British, your expectations.   Thu Jun 05, 2014 11:05 am

like night follows day  Laughing ...

Beaks, surely this promts the return of Norman forum, or the crash test dummies... jocolor ...

Here's some more ammo...
I Sausage of Allstox, must confess upfront, that i will be taking one of them fold up alluminium fold up platforms  affraid ...  Its only a small one, coverd in plaster, i will be erecting it right at the back, backs to the fence (turns 3-4) when not in use, it will be folded up, and moved out of harms way, if i lose my 
spot, then so be it.    Not even A1nos will be able to block my view...
Back to top Go down
Mike Ashcroft

Number of posts : 511
Registration date : 2007-10-16

PostSubject: Re: Birmingham British, your expectations.   Thu Jun 05, 2014 3:07 pm

beaks wrote:

Not really Beaks, just answering the answering as directly and truthfuly as my northern education will allow. I don't subscribe to the "we should all turn up regardless" or "we're lucky it's on at all" viewpoints but like to think I'm ceratinly not a gloom merchant when it comes to stox (tar or shale). I'm still of the view that that the tyre and, certainly, the shocker ruling needs time to take effect-hopefully it won't take too long.

Last edited by Mike Ashcroft on Thu Jun 05, 2014 6:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.ashcroft.stoxnet.com
baldybouncer218

Number of posts : 3031
Registration date : 2007-05-28

PostSubject: Re: Birmingham British, your expectations.   Thu Jun 05, 2014 5:28 pm

i expect to be watching england play !
Back to top Go down
stu1

Number of posts : 81
Registration date : 2007-12-16

PostSubject: Re: Birmingham British, your expectations.   Thu Jun 05, 2014 6:24 pm

I have no expectations of the meeting as I won't be there ! It's a great track and fast indeed bit I won't be there because it isn't big enough for a major meeting like that. Parking will be a joke your gonna have to there 3 hours before just to get in the car park if not you run the risk of car vandalism from outside , and with no back straight viewing it's gonna be way to crowded and gonna be lucky of you can see anything so it's a no from me
Back to top Go down
sausage

PostSubject: Re: Birmingham British, your expectations.   Thu Jun 05, 2014 6:41 pm

I expect your right Stu..
The meeting in more ways than one will tell us conclusivly where exactly were at...  Car numbers, and a promotion dealing with a huge crowd.
Many are not confident in numbers of active drivers, also a promotor cashing in big time?.
If car numbers are healthy, we can rest easy and if brum put in extra measures to cope with a crowd this size? then the critics will be quietend.

Birmingham..... lets get it on!!...  cheers
Back to top Go down
garfield

Number of posts : 1832
Registration date : 2007-09-05

PostSubject: Re: Birmingham British, your expectations.   Thu Jun 05, 2014 7:06 pm

The admission question can be answered sausage, 20 quid -

http://www.spedeworth.co.uk/incarace/bookedin.php?id=721
Back to top Go down
sausage

PostSubject: Re: Birmingham British, your expectations.   Thu Jun 05, 2014 8:19 pm

that'll do.....
So far so good..
Back to top Go down
frankiebdv

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2013-07-26

PostSubject: Re: Birmingham British, your expectations.   Fri Jun 06, 2014 12:57 am

I'm hoping it'll all be over pretty handy to be honest. I need to drive 100 miles home in time for the England v Italy World Cup game but Brisca F1s at Birmingham is the one meeting we always try to get to so will be going to this one anyway.

Should be a decent turn out I would think, plenty at stake and the chequered roof for the winner on the night, so all to play for. I'd like to see 217 hold onto it but thirty odd other drivers will have different ideas I'm sure.

I might be wrong here but didn't the British used to be over seven or eight heats and a final. I'm sure we went to a British Championship at the old Belle Vue with more than five races.

Anyway I rarely come away from Birmingham disappointed and have seen some fantastic races over the years, in the wet and the dry, so fingers crossed this will be the one that lights the tarmac season up. There appears to be a fair number of new and refurbished tarmac cars being debuted recently. I've seen plenty of photos and will be nice to see them in the flesh.

Also does anyone know the current situation with the M6 heading north. Roadworks and slip road closures forced us to abandon the diversion signs and take the A roads home the last time we went. Hopefully it'll be fully operational soon after what seems like years of restrictions.
Back to top Go down
A1 NOS

Number of posts : 2182
Registration date : 2007-09-23

PostSubject: Re: Birmingham British, your expectations.   Fri Jun 06, 2014 1:09 am

Interesting thread Sausage.
Brum had one of the best races I've seen on Tarmac. semi 2006, winner Andy Smith. ( got the trophy in my office. Thanks 391)

There is no reason why it shouldn't be a cracker.
Brum is one of he few tar tracks that drivers can use the bumper with a degree of force and yet not summer any damage.

The problem is and I think it's been highlighted, a lot of drivers don't seem to want to use the bumpers. The Tarmac trend seems to rub past the car in front. Don't get me wrong there are a few drivers who use the bumpers and use them well.
318, always. 390 won the UK open because for 3 laps going into turn 1 he didn't brake and used the car in front. 217, just quality.
212 when he's riled, 197, well he just hasn't really raced that much and certainly not the same on tar as last year. 4. He will hit anybody, good lad.
150, work in progress at the moment.

Seats, chairs and food, well that doesn't interest me and certainly don't need to stand on anything.

Let's see what happens but echo Mikes comments. Might just go away for the weekemd at the Euros if tar doesn't improve.
Back to top Go down
http://www.driveandprotect.com
A1 NOS

PostSubject: Re: Birmingham British, your expectations.   Fri Jun 06, 2014 8:27 am

baldybouncer218 wrote:

They will get beat mate.
Back to top Go down
JonnyRotten

Number of posts : 616
Registration date : 2008-07-13

PostSubject: Re: Birmingham British, your expectations.   Fri Jun 06, 2014 11:05 am

42 booked in already including one of my favourite tar drivers. Go on Mal 34 cheers 
Back to top Go down
sausage

PostSubject: Re: Birmingham British, your expectations.   Fri Jun 06, 2014 1:49 pm

looking good  cyclops ..
drivers are doing there bit.
fans will be there in their droves..
Just birmingham to do there bit now.
hey-presto the meeting, not to be missed.
Back to top Go down
A1 NOS

PostSubject: Re: Birmingham British, your expectations.   Fri Jun 06, 2014 4:36 pm

JonnyRotten wrote:
42 booked in already including one of my favourite tar drivers. Go on Mal 34 cheers 

Forgot Mal Brown. Another real stock car driver who wouldn't think twice about putting in 150,1,197,318 and 390.

All at the same time.  lol! 
Back to top Go down
baldybouncer218

Number of posts : 3031
Registration date : 2007-05-28

PostSubject: Re: Birmingham British, your expectations.   Fri Jun 13, 2014 8:11 am

A1 NOS wrote:
baldybouncer218 wrote:

They will get beat mate.

more than likely , early start so may just nip down , sky+ the footie , cd on in the car on the way home and watch the match " live " , but why the rebels as well ? you dont need 3 formulas on at the british , the minis would be good enough back up , if thats what they are ? probably more hitting going on with the kids !
Back to top Go down
Dave Wayne

Number of posts : 769
Registration date : 2007-07-18

PostSubject: Re: Birmingham British, your expectations.   Fri Jun 13, 2014 1:47 pm

Some drivers in heat 2 will also be in heat 3 and the same with heats 4 & 5. If they only had minis in support then drivers would struggle to repair in time and car numbers would fall in later heats. People would then be on here moaning about poor planning by the promoter !!
Back to top Go down
A1 NOS

PostSubject: Re: Birmingham British, your expectations.   Fri Jun 13, 2014 1:49 pm

Dave Wayne wrote:
Some drivers in heat 2 will also be in heat 3 and the same with heats 4 & 5. If they only had minis in support then drivers would struggle to repair in time and car numbers would fall in later heats. People would then be on here moaning about poor planning by the promoter !!

Complete sense Dave.
If some of the big hitters like 318 and 390 start to flex their muscles we could have all sorts of carnage.
Back to top Go down
Premier

Number of posts : 850
Registration date : 2007-06-23

PostSubject: Re: Birmingham British, your expectations.   Fri Jun 13, 2014 2:35 pm

Dave Wayne wrote:

The chosen 6 heats format is not the right one for the number of cars, the 5 heat Daily Mirror GP format was designed for 50 cars and will also work for the 46 or 47 who actually turn up, whereas the 6 heat format chosen was designed for 60 cars.
Back to top Go down
Dave Wayne

Number of posts : 769
Registration date : 2007-07-18

PostSubject: Re: Birmingham British, your expectations.   Fri Jun 13, 2014 8:29 pm

Premier wrote:
Dave Wayne wrote:

The chosen 6 heats format is not the right one for the number of cars, the 5 heat Daily Mirror GP format was designed for 50 cars and will also work for the 46 or 47 who actually turn up, whereas the 6 heat format chosen was designed for 60 cars.
Are you sure about that mate ? I thought that when the 'multi heat' British format was introduced in 1978 it was 60 cars each racing 3 times over 8 heats, which works out at an average of 22/23 cars per heat. 50 cars over 6 heats is an average of 25 cars per heat, and even it drops to your estimated 46 cars is still 23 per heat. This suggests that they have correctly adjusted the number of heats to match the car turnout to the format.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Birmingham British, your expectations.   

Back to top Go down

Birmingham British, your expectations.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next