Moodie and Speaky @ it again!!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
carlton

Number of posts : 1575
Registration date : 2007-09-14

PostSubject: Re: Moodie and Speaky @ it again!!!   Sat Aug 09, 2014 3:11 pm

No not at all, I was there, and when they stopped pushing and shoving they ended up right in front of where I was standing. Hand bags at most, but Gordon then doing donuts with a marshal on track put him in the dock. Just seemed strange that the video had disappeared.

Yes Rob did spin his car through 180 degrees to offer up a head on, and at this point I thought it was all a bit of a show and a wind up for the crowd, as five minutes earlier they had both been photographed with Bill Batten to celebrate the fact that they were the sports three greatest ever final winners.

To be honest I think Rob set this up perfectly, it wound Gordon up and he bit, they have a history in recent years, but after this one they did not shake hands.

I am a fan of both, and the sport as a whole, the meeting itself was superb.

Rob was supposedly finishing F2 racing last season, until Gordon destroyed him in the WF, and lets be honest it was Rob that started the wrecking spree at Buxton a few years previous and in a Hednesford final at the semi final meeting.

Rob wanted his own back, no doubt this years WF at Cowdenbeath was going to be the day he wanted to do it, and then I assume concentrate on his F1 .

So Gordon is suspended, no news until when. If he misses the semi and WF will Rob hang around another twelve months in F2 to have his revenge, would be good for the sport if they were both still around don't you think ??

Carlton
Back to top Go down
A1 NOS

Number of posts : 2182
Registration date : 2007-09-23

PostSubject: Re: Moodie and Speaky @ it again!!!   Sun Aug 10, 2014 11:51 pm

carlton wrote:
No not at all, I was there, and when they stopped pushing and shoving they ended up right in front of where I was standing. Hand bags at most, but Gordon then doing donuts with a marshal on track put him in the dock. Just seemed strange that the video had disappeared.

Yes Rob did spin his car through 180 degrees to offer up a head on, and at this point I thought it was all a bit of a show and a wind up for the crowd, as five minutes earlier they had both been photographed with Bill Batten to celebrate the fact that they were the sports three greatest ever final winners.

To be honest I think Rob set this up perfectly, it wound Gordon up and he bit, they have a history in recent years, but after this one they did not shake hands.

I am a fan of both, and the sport as a whole, the meeting itself was superb.

Rob was supposedly finishing F2 racing last season, until Gordon destroyed him in the WF, and lets be honest it was Rob that started the wrecking spree at Buxton a few years previous and in a Hednesford final at the semi final meeting.

Rob wanted his own back, no doubt this years WF at Cowdenbeath was going to be the day he wanted to do it, and then I assume concentrate on his F1 .

So Gordon is suspended, no news until when. If he misses the semi and WF will Rob hang around another twelve months in F2 to have his revenge, would be good for the sport if they were both still around don't you think ??

Carlton

I love Rob. I think he's great. I think he's one of the really few " proper stock car drivers"

The side I don't get is the " I'm stopping him come what may".

These days I don't dislike any driver ( peace and light brother). But I could if I wanted stop any driver I wanted from winning by taking them out or waiting until I've been lapped and then taking them out. That's not cricket like.
Buxton WF was just " he ain't gonna finish and I don't care if I don't either"
That's more agin to banger racing than anything Brisca.

Back to top Go down
http://www.driveandprotect.com
Dave Wayne

Number of posts : 769
Registration date : 2007-07-18

PostSubject: Re: Moodie and Speaky @ it again!!!   Mon Aug 11, 2014 12:29 am

A1 NOS wrote:
Buxton WF was just " he ain't gonna finish and I don't care if I don't either"
That's more agin to banger racing than anything Brisca.
Have to disagree with you there mate.
Speak has always been of the theory that the main way to win things is to get rid of the fastest man first and then worry about the rest, and that is exactly what he tried to do at Buxton. Unfortunately, the bumper got bent into the wheel and he was excluded for trying to straighten it for the restart.
Back to top Go down
A1 NOS

Number of posts : 2182
Registration date : 2007-09-23

PostSubject: Re: Moodie and Speaky @ it again!!!   Mon Aug 11, 2014 1:00 am

Maybe I didn't see it right.
To me it looked like he made no attempt to get round the corner.
It looked a little suicidal to me but hey I agree with what you say.

I doubted he would have a pop at Tom last night but it was totally correct.
It was hard enough to put him wide and delay him but if wasn't designed to destroy him.

Totally top drawer and fair in my book.
The f1 WF should be a cracker. No pretenders to the throne this year at the front.
Quality through and through. There will be fireworks this year I'm sure.
Back to top Go down
http://www.driveandprotect.com
trimal

Number of posts : 152
Registration date : 2008-05-27

PostSubject: Re: Moodie and Speaky @ it again!!!   Mon Aug 11, 2014 1:18 pm

Similar incident at Mildenhall on Sat apparently, different drivers involved.
Anyone got a video of that one, from an external camera of course.
Back to top Go down
5 is alive

Number of posts : 39
Registration date : 2007-08-23

PostSubject: Re: Moodie and Speaky @ it again!!!   Tue Aug 12, 2014 8:04 am

trimal wrote:

Its on Face Book . Highly amusing !!
Back to top Go down
ex522

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2009-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Moodie and Speaky @ it again!!!   Wed Aug 13, 2014 10:20 pm

5 is alive wrote:
trimal wrote:

Its on Face Book . Highly amusing !!

got a link/name to the page/group seeing as the old crystal ball aint what it used to be...
Back to top Go down
bwplive.com

Number of posts : 580
Registration date : 2007-06-30

PostSubject: Re: Moodie and Speaky @ it again!!!   Sat Aug 16, 2014 9:14 pm

Quote :
F2 world cup top 3 7uk-700uk-124

Interesting result?
Back to top Go down
carlton

PostSubject: Re: Moodie and Speaky @ it again!!!   Sun Aug 17, 2014 12:14 am

The problem is, lack of information again from the brisca F2 promoters, the guys and gals that are supposed to be PROMOTING the sport.

Gordon was suspended from racing after the Taunton session. That is it, that is the only information that has been officially announced.

So is he banned, suspended, how long for , from when, until when, and for what reason, can he appeal, has he appealed, hang on a second , everything is okay, he is racing at Venray and has just won the F2 world cup !!

I love F2 stock car racing, but what the hell is going on behind the scenes. It is getting embarrassing.

Back to top Go down
J4LMP

Number of posts : 1985
Registration date : 2008-04-10

PostSubject: Re: Moodie and Speaky @ it again!!!   Sun Aug 17, 2014 7:43 pm

carlton wrote:
The problem is, lack of information again from the brisca F2 promoters, the guys and gals that are supposed to be PROMOTING the sport.

Gordon was suspended from racing after the Taunton session. That is it, that is the only information that has been officially announced.

So is he banned, suspended, how long for , from when, until when, and for what reason, can he appeal, has he appealed, hang on a second , everything is okay, he is racing at Venray and has just won the F2 world cup !!

I love F2 stock car racing, but what the hell is going on behind the scenes. It is getting embarrassing.

It's called the World of Brisca, silence is Golden! !! Who are we? Only the paying punters, as always bottom of the list of priorities for the authorities! !!!

COME ON ELLIOTT, you should know better! geek 
Back to top Go down
Dave Wayne

Number of posts : 769
Registration date : 2007-07-18

PostSubject: Re: Moodie and Speaky @ it again!!!   Sun Aug 17, 2014 9:36 pm

Word on the street is that those in power have bottled it again. All charges have been dropped and he is back to full time racing. £££'s are obviously more important than the safety of officials.
One top driver is reportedly selling up and another has vowed to not attend the world final meeting.
Lots of drivers said to be very unhappy that different rules apply to different people. Plenty of others have missed semis over the years due to indiscretions. Rules are rules and should apply to everybody.
Maybe one or more of the drivers will express their anger on track next Saturday and make sure he doesn't have an easy ride in the semi final.
Back to top Go down
garfield

Number of posts : 1832
Registration date : 2007-09-05

PostSubject: Re: Moodie and Speaky @ it again!!!   Sun Aug 17, 2014 11:47 pm

Carlton, has it spot on. All this what if & speculation could be stopped if the powers that be released a statement instead of just complete silence from them.

If the rumours are true though it could be a nail in the coffin for f2 racing
Back to top Go down
trimal

PostSubject: Re: Moodie and Speaky @ it again!!!   Mon Aug 18, 2014 7:19 am

Steve Rees states on Startrax. " Although I was Disciplinary Chairman at the Moodie appeal I had no influence on the decision..........
as of 15 August I have relinquished my post as Chairman"
Back to top Go down
J4LMP

Number of posts : 1985
Registration date : 2008-04-10

PostSubject: Re: Moodie and Speaky @ it again!!!   Mon Aug 18, 2014 7:45 am

Dave Wayne wrote:
Word on the street is that those in power have bottled it again. All charges have been dropped and he is back to full time racing. £££'s are obviously more important than the safety of officials.
One top driver is reportedly selling up and another has vowed to not attend the world final meeting.
Lots of drivers said to be very unhappy that different rules apply to different people. Plenty of others have missed semis over the years due to indiscretions. Rules are rules and should apply to everybody.
Maybe one or more of the drivers will express their anger on track next Saturday and make sure he doesn't have an easy ride in the semi final.

Well said fella, this has been going on for years in F2's and along with the constant rule changes has seen an increase of F2 drivers selling up and moving on!!!!!...

RIP F2 racing.....  Crying or Very sad 
Back to top Go down
Premier

Number of posts : 850
Registration date : 2007-06-23

PostSubject: Re: Moodie and Speaky @ it again!!!   Mon Aug 18, 2014 8:28 am

Below is from Brisca F2 website.

"Following incidents at Taunton on 3 August, BriSCA F2 issued a one month ban from racing to 7 Gordon Moodie.

Moodie subsequently appealed against the ban, on 11 August.

The Oval Racing Council (ORCi) convened an Appeal Hearing on 14 August. A majority decision was reached, to remove the one month ban on Gordon Moodie and replace it with a 3 month ban, suspended until the end of the 2014 season. This permitted Moodie to return to racing with immediate effect.

The ORCi Appeal Hearing panel further recommended to BriSCA F2 that 218 Rob Speak be issued the same penalty."
Back to top Go down
kevin@racewall.net

Number of posts : 154
Registration date : 2007-11-27

PostSubject: Re: Moodie and Speaky @ it again!!!   Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:15 am

Where did you reads about Steve jacking the disciplinary position? Had a quick scan on startrax website but can't find nothing.

When did an appeal hearing start being used to discipline other drivers? Given the fact that 218 had no mention or punishment after the incident to start with? Why now, at an appeal, has he been given the same action as #7?

Sounds quite farcical from an outside view.
Back to top Go down
Stoxmania Admin

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2014-03-01

PostSubject: Re: Moodie and Speaky @ it again!!!   Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:35 am

The words from Steve are towards the bottom of the write up of the Coventry meeting on Saturday on the Startrax news page. It would be interesting to know if Rob had been notified of potential disciplinary action as there was nothing on the official F2 site.

Putting aside the rights and wrongs of the actual incident for a moment there appears to be a significant lack of transparency here. I fully appreciate that Gordon racing at his 'home' World Final is a big issue locally and probably don't want to get dragged into that argument but the disciplinary process should have clear rules applied with consistency.
Back to top Go down
Graham

Number of posts : 207
Registration date : 2007-07-01

PostSubject: Re: Moodie and Speaky @ it again!!!   Mon Aug 18, 2014 11:45 am

Here is the relevant part.

"On another topic, briefly, whilst I am probably responsible for Ebola, World Famine, global warming I would touch on Moodie/Speak and a recent hearing held for Mr Moodie. In brief to set the record straight after talking with several drivers last night – Steve Rees did not get Gordon Moodie ‘off’ – As ORCi Disciplinary Chairman when a driver commits an offence or appeals, it is generally my duty to arrange the hearing, in this case the GM Appeal – I Chaired the hearing – however as a chairman you play no part, nor influence the discussions that take place between the appellant and panel members there to adjudicate – The Chairman’s position is to keep order and protocol – That’s all – and then communicate the decision. The Chairman is the figure head – Over the 4 years I have done the job, those who I have dealt with will know I have always been honest and straight and helpful however this role – unpaid – comes at a huge cost personally and time wise. Due in part to time factor – but for the major part the vitriol directed at me personally I have relinquished that position as of Friday 15th August as it is a poison chalice!"
Back to top Go down
rocky12

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2014-03-01

PostSubject: Re: Moodie and Speaky @ it again!!!   Mon Aug 18, 2014 2:56 pm

They should just have two sets of rules one for moodie and one for everyone else . Why waste everyones time with world semis and final just give him the trophy now . What a cop out of a decision
Back to top Go down
Beefy

Number of posts : 2004
Registration date : 2007-05-31

PostSubject: Re: Moodie and Speaky @ it again!!!   Mon Aug 18, 2014 3:54 pm

If this was a third world country you would assume baksheesh was involved.

We are not a third world country so, this must be a decision that has been arrived at as a result of careful consideration and compliant with previous indiscretions of a similar nature by other drivers. The financial ramifications to any interested parties are not relevant as justice must come first.

Of course  Mad

PostSubject: Re: Moodie and Speaky @ it again!!!   Mon Aug 18, 2014 5:11 pm

Be interesting to see how Mr Turiccki fares.
Back to top Go down
carlton

PostSubject: Re: Moodie and Speaky @ it again!!!   Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:02 pm

It (stock car racing ) is supposed to be a hobby, something to do away from the hurly burly, pressures and hassle of the modern working week.

Due to personal reasons I don't get to the racing anything like as much as I used to do, the meetings I have attended this year, all seven of them have been good value for my money. My next planned meeting WAS the Cowdenbeath F2 World final meeting.

But, as I read all the comments above, get texts from friends who are on social media and are now more active from a spectating view I am starting to ask the question, can I be bothered with this any more ?

Sad to see Steve Rees resign his position, love him or loathe him he puts everything into the work he does. From a personal point of view , we've had good times, bad times, arguments, and have been slagged of/abused by many different people over the years, but without him stock car racing would be a lesser sport.

The Master Bill Batten has just retired and went out on a high, the two prodical sons Speak and Moodie were there to pay homage, fell out as they tried to let the crowd know they were after his records and each others achievements.

As much as I hate to admit it, BriSCA F2 racing, my sport of choice finds itself in a great big hole at the moment.

To all those In power at Brisca F2 Towers after Steve Rees resignation, please sort it out and quickly, the sport I love suddenly seems to be on the edge of a cliff that it may well struggle to survive from the fall.

Carlton
Back to top Go down
sausage

Number of posts : 2526
Registration date : 2010-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Moodie and Speaky @ it again!!!   Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:44 pm

Is this saga gonna get it's own chapter in the book Carlton?.   study ...

Razz ..
Back to top Go down
Two Putt Shakur

Number of posts : 1969
Localisation : I'M SORRY NICK FALDO COULDN'T BE WITH US THIS WEEK. HE'S ATTENDING THE BIRTH OF HIS NEXT WIFE
Registration date : 2007-06-20

PostSubject: Re: Moodie and Speaky @ it again!!!   Tue Aug 19, 2014 3:18 am

Annoys me hearing this news. Who would stamp the paperwork to brush this little matter under the carpet, and then up pops Gordon in Holland?

Last edited by Two Putt Shakur on Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:04 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
trimal

PostSubject: Re: Moodie and Speaky @ it again!!!   Tue Aug 19, 2014 8:09 am

sausage wrote:
Is this saga gonna get it's own chapter in the book Carlton?.   study ...

Razz ..

Depends if Moodie wins the world lol.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Moodie and Speaky @ it again!!!   

Back to top Go down

Moodie and Speaky @ it again!!!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next