Share | 

non return valves

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Chewy102

Number of posts : 74
Registration date : 2007-10-21

PostSubject: non return valves   Sun Aug 24, 2014 8:37 am

I see that someone has been banned by FII for tampering with their fuel breather non return valve. Fully understand that it is a dangerous thing to do and not going to question the ban but what I'm struggling to understand is what benefit tampering with the valve gives in the first place???
Back to top Go down
trimal

Number of posts : 152
Registration date : 2008-05-27

PostSubject: Re: non return valves   Sun Aug 24, 2014 2:43 pm

Chewy102 wrote:
I see that someone has been banned by FII for tampering with their fuel breather non return valve. Fully understand that it is a dangerous thing to do and not going to question the ban but what I'm struggling to understand is what benefit tampering with the valve gives in the first place???

Not a ban, just lost his place in the race due to having an illegal car.

Reason people have been tampering with them is they are said to be temperamental at times resulting in fuel starvation.
Back to top Go down
nikeastwood

Number of posts : 671
Registration date : 2007-06-20

PostSubject: Re: non return valves   Sun Aug 24, 2014 7:51 pm

some people arent fitting them properly meaning when the fuel starts to deplete the engine cuts out, so they drill out the insides of the valve so it looks like its fitted, but doesnt actually work

when cars go over etc, the one way valve stops fuel from coming out of the breather pipe
Back to top Go down
trimal

Number of posts : 152
Registration date : 2008-05-27

PostSubject: Re: non return valves   Sun Aug 24, 2014 8:49 pm

rapidyellow wrote:
some people arent fitting them properly meaning when the fuel starts to deplete the engine cuts out, so they drill out the insides of the valve so it looks like its fitted, but doesnt actually work

when cars go over etc, the one way valve stops fuel from coming out of the breather pipe

Was the case in the early days, several were caught out by fitting them the wrong way round.
But the people knocking the middle out now are experienced drivers.....so I hear.
Back to top Go down
nikeastwood

Number of posts : 671
Registration date : 2007-06-20

PostSubject: Re: non return valves   Sun Aug 24, 2014 8:57 pm

trimal wrote:
Was  the case in the early days, several were caught out by fitting them the wrong way round.
But the people knocking the middle out now are experienced drivers.....so I hear.

not saying it wasnt experienced drivers

its their funeral pyre
Back to top Go down
Chewy102

Number of posts : 74
Registration date : 2007-10-21

PostSubject: Re: non return valves   Sun Aug 24, 2014 9:24 pm

Thanks guys. Got them on my boys' cars and know they can create a vacuum if fitted arse for elbow but would never think of drilling out the valve as the consequences of a fuel leak upside down don't bear thinking about... Surely it must be simple to turn it round rather than tamper with them???
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: non return valves   

Back to top Go down

non return valves
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1