Another kick in the F2 shale teeth

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
carlton

Number of posts : 1575
Registration date : 2007-09-14

PostSubject: Another kick in the F2 shale teeth   Thu Sep 11, 2014 10:09 pm

Taken from Kings Lynn website.

"Please note that due to lack of Pit Space we are having to limit the F2 Stock Car entry at King’s Lynn on Sunday 28 September to 36 cars"

Much more comment on who is eligible/ not eligible and the whites and yellows event scheduled for the 28th September is cancelled and moved to an out of season Christmas meeting.

I'm keeping my mouth shut.

Just got my hammer out and knocked in another nail.

Anyone out there trying to promote F2 racing at Kings Lynn ??
Back to top Go down
J4LMP

Number of posts : 1985
Registration date : 2008-04-10

PostSubject: Re: Another kick in the F2 shale teeth   Fri Sep 12, 2014 3:29 pm

carlton wrote:
Taken from Kings Lynn website.

"Please note that due to lack of Pit Space we are having to limit the F2 Stock Car entry at King’s Lynn on Sunday 28 September to 36 cars"

Much more comment on who is eligible/ not eligible and the whites and yellows event scheduled for the 28th September is cancelled and moved to an out of season Christmas meeting.

I'm keeping my mouth shut.

Just got my hammer out and knocked in another nail.

Anyone out there trying to promote F2 racing at Kings Lynn ??

Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

Come back to F1 fella, it's not great as it once was, but it sure's hell better than the tooz at the minute!

oh, do we know if Speaky is racing in the F2 World Final yet?
Back to top Go down
carlton

PostSubject: Re: Another kick in the F2 shale teeth   Fri Sep 12, 2014 9:41 pm

J4 I'm thinking about going back to my youth, to try and rekindle the love I had for my sport, short oval racing.

Perhaps being involved officially for several years has tainted/opinionated my views. I am, have been and always will be on the drivers side of the argument. for me, No drivers, no stock car racing.

When I first went to watch the racing in 1973 all I saw were bangers and hot rods at Hednesford, over the years my viewing and love of the sport went crazy, to date I've seen racing at 76 different tracks in the UK and mainland Europe.

Perhaps Classic bangers and Classic Hot Rods would be a nice way to restart my love of the short oval scene, LOL ?

Turn up , watch and go home, well satisfied !!

I love F2 racing, but in the last twelve months it seems to be getting kicked from all sides. I truly hope it can get through this tough time and continue to prosper. Restricted entries on a whim , white and yellow championship events moved to out of season Christmas meetings, suggestions and rumours about breakaway F2 type formulas in meeting programmes where F2's are not even racing, mid thirty car turnouts, all in with resultant expensive damage for many , cuts to prize money, drivers banned/ suspended then free to race whilst other drivers banned for similar offences are banned for three months.

I've only been to seven meetings this season due to personal reasons, but every one I been to I have thoroughly enjoyed. F2 racing to me rules ok, just needs more a more cohesive, uniform , across the board approach to its promotion and delivery.

Come on F2 Chairman ( or is there one at the moment ) get stuck in and sort it out.

Any way J4 Might even take you up on the suggestion of a few F1 meeting's next season, curry night question number one posed !!

PS, have heard from a well known source that it is highly probably that Mr Speak will be at the F2 World Final tomorrow evening
Back to top Go down
Grafter

Number of posts : 2114
Registration date : 2007-12-07

PostSubject: Re: Another kick in the F2 shale teeth   Fri Sep 12, 2014 11:30 pm

Would someone care to clarify the situation as regards JH's comments in the last F1 programme.....
As I see things at the moment we have JH saying he would like F2 drivers to show their intentions (in secret) to defect away from BriSCA F2 Ltd and come under his new organisation, which will offer.....
2 seasons of racing as support to all BriSCA F1 meetings
Many years of racing at the new replacement Coventry venue (if this comes to fruition and no idea if it will be tar or shale)
Easy changes to make to their cars to comply to a newly named F2 type furmula
Fair prize money on offer
Driver input into the rule book
Future MSA status to give it independence from promoters (a club where all members are equal)

This appears to have come about due to the BriSCA F2 Ltd board of directors (Graham Bunter/Crispen Rosevar/David Coventry) not paying up on their promised funding towards the Coventry motorfest event.
As JH says.....he is stepping outside the circle. Where will this lead? Coventry is a ORCI registered track and JH is not a director of this group.....but Mr Bunter is. I dare say things are going to get a little heated if things carry on as they are.
Back to top Go down
carlton

PostSubject: Re: Another kick in the F2 shale teeth   Fri Sep 12, 2014 11:51 pm

Thanks for the questions Grafter.

another question.

If Coventry is ORC registered why are the F2 dates at Coventry at present, and in the last few seasons being promoted by Startrax not Coventry ?
Back to top Go down
miner

Number of posts : 394
Registration date : 2007-07-09

PostSubject: Re: Another kick in the F2 shale teeth   Mon Sep 15, 2014 7:47 pm

So what happens when cov get 60 want to race in there new class the shale scene in f2s is ok look how many want to race this Friday cov cant have f1 and f2s on because they cant cope that's why startrax run it Kings Lynn never liked f2s because there no crowd involved
Back to top Go down
trimal

Number of posts : 152
Registration date : 2008-05-27

PostSubject: Re: Another kick in the F2 shale teeth   Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:32 pm

As a breakaway group you wouldn't get 60 f2s, maybe not half that many.
Some of the suggestions sound good but breakaways would only get to race at one track for maximum of two years.
Can't see many going for that.
Just being used as a lever IMO.
Could see another promoter getting away with it though, if he felt like it, but can't see him upping prize money!
Back to top Go down
carlton

PostSubject: Re: Another kick in the F2 shale teeth   Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:17 pm

Breakaways, like takeaways are not really good to long term health.

F2 at the moment in a bit of a dip, tarmac attendances down, shale attendances up.

The weekend just gone, F2 WF at the UK's most atmospheric track Cowdenbeath , most people I have spoken to rate it as a very good one.

Ditch the breakaway idea, Brisca F2 , better together , shale and tarmac.

Carlton

Back to top Go down
5 is alive

Number of posts : 39
Registration date : 2007-08-23

PostSubject: Re: Another kick in the F2 shale teeth   Tue Sep 16, 2014 7:27 am

Grafter wrote:
Would someone care to clarify the situation as regards JH's comments in the last F1 programme.....
As I see things at the moment we have JH saying he would like F2 drivers to show their intentions (in secret) to defect away from BriSCA F2 Ltd and come under his new organisation, which will offer.....
Many years of racing at the new replacement Coventry venue (if this comes to fruition and no idea if it will be tar or shale)
Future MSA status to give it independence from promoters (a club where all members are equal)

This appears to have come about due to the BriSCA F2 Ltd board of directors (Graham Bunter/Crispen Rosevar/David Coventry) not paying up on their promised funding towards the Coventry motorfest event.
As JH says.....he is stepping outside the circle. Where will this lead? Coventry is a ORCI registered track and JH is not a director of this group.....but Mr Bunter is. I dare say things are going to get a little heated if things carry on as they are.

Anybody able to paste and copy JHs comments please ........ Thanks............
Back to top Go down
carlton

PostSubject: Re: Another kick in the F2 shale teeth   Fri Sep 26, 2014 10:44 pm

Quote "J4 I'm thinking about going back to my youth, to try and rekindle the love I had for my sport, short oval racing.

Perhaps being involved officially for several years has tainted/opinionated my views. I am, have been and always will be on the drivers side of the argument. for me, No drivers, no stock car racing.

When I first went to watch the racing in 1973 all I saw were bangers and hot rods at Hednesford, over the years my viewing and love of the sport went crazy, to date I've seen racing at 76 different tracks in the UK and mainland Europe.

Perhaps Classic bangers and Classic Hot Rods would be a nice way to restart my love of the short oval scene, LOL ?

Turn up , watch and go home, well satisfied !!End Quote"

All things being equal I will be at Hednesford on Sunday, Classic bangers, classic hot rods and heritage f2, dream meeting !!
Back to top Go down
Grafter

Number of posts : 2114
Registration date : 2007-12-07

PostSubject: Re: Another kick in the F2 shale teeth   Sat Sep 27, 2014 12:30 am

5 is alive wrote:
Grafter wrote:

Anybody able to paste and copy JHs comments please ........ Thanks............

I can't see any copyright on the programme so here it is.....
"It's just a little sad that all is not good in our sport and having been part of the teleconference to promote the 60 years of BriSCA F1 I feel let down by the members of the board of Brisca F2. We agreed to host a press conference earlier this year at which we announced the conclusion that Coventry Motofest would be the official celebration of BriSCA's 60 years. All formulas agreed to contribute a relitively small amount to help make the event happen and all have paid apart from BriSCA F2 who have decided to not bother having had all the benefits. I find it disappointing that such a great formula has let itself down in this way and as such we will now take expressions of interest from F2 drivers who would like to race for the last two seasons as support to all our F1 fixtures and will continue for many years to come at our new venue.
These expressions of interest will be kept secret but if we get enough cars we will launch a new formula which is guaranteed to have the same dates as F1 and the modifications to a current F2 will be easy to complete in order to comply to new agreed rules. These new rules will give drivers fair prize money, a direct input into the rule book, access to some great race dates and a break from the current management. If you are a current F2 driver who is looking at what's on offer from F2 and feel it can be made better then please get in touch jeremyheaver@btinternet.com and togeter we can make it work for all parties involved. It will be made into a club so that all members are equal and we would look to make this formula into a MSA registered formula which will guarantee its independence from us as promoters.
Of course this may come to nothing but I wanted to give drivers a real choice as to how they see the sport they love develop and give you the fans a formula you want to see with the F1. I really did not want to step outside of the circle but given the way F2 has been managed over the last few years and more recently changing the decision to spend Gala money on Coventry Motofest it is about time things changed."
Back to top Go down
carlton

PostSubject: Re: Another kick in the F2 shale teeth   Sat Sep 27, 2014 7:32 pm

Just noted tomorrows format one all in heat, one final and one GN.

Not even a recognized Brisca format !!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Another kick in the F2 shale teeth   

Back to top Go down

Another kick in the F2 shale teeth
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1