Share | 

did speaky cost moodie the world final

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
dave4jackie

Number of posts : 100
Registration date : 2007-07-02

PostSubject: did speaky cost moodie the world final   Mon Sep 15, 2014 6:43 am

never went to the world final so do people think that speaky did cost moodie the wf or was moody just to scared to go past him for fear of ending in the wall
Back to top Go down
trimal

Number of posts : 152
Registration date : 2008-05-27

PostSubject: Re: did speaky cost moodie the world final   Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:21 am

The delay, for whatever reason, probably cost Moodie the win, but the most unlucky man was Barry Goldin who had the race in his pocket before hitting oil on the track.
Excellent well run meeting, never been before but couldn't fault the place.
Back to top Go down
Dave Wayne

Number of posts : 769
Registration date : 2007-07-18

PostSubject: Re: did speaky cost moodie the world final   Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:55 am

Simple answer is probably yes, but it was so early in the race that anything could have happened afterwards, such as Moodie being in lead position when Gilbert's engine blew and him being first to hit the oil and end up in the wall.
All those moaning about Speak's actions seem to be forgetting that last year Moodie cut across the kerbs in a car which wouldn't finish the race due to suspension damage and took Speak out of first place with a t-bone into the fence that was so hard that not only did it write off the chassis but also snapped the seat. Payback was obviously going to happen and where better than at his home track in the biggest race of the year ?

Congratulations to George after being so unlucky last year and commiserations to Barry who as said above had the race in the bag till the oil was dropped.
Back to top Go down
gavfms179

Number of posts : 222
Registration date : 2009-05-09

PostSubject: Re: did speaky cost moodie the world final   Mon Sep 15, 2014 12:30 pm

You may want to watch last years world final again on youtube Dave, you may notice 7 overtook 218 by pushing him wide, then after 7 got slowed up by a back marker 218 followed him in the same corner next lap causing the damage to 7's car. Next corner he didn't cut the corner and t-bone 218, he hit the rear inside corner. All the tit for tat with them is now just daft which will probably end up with some other driver getting hurt as well.
Back to top Go down
Carl H

Number of posts : 1686
Registration date : 2007-06-19

PostSubject: Re: did speaky cost moodie the world final   Mon Sep 15, 2014 1:09 pm

Sounds like another interesting F2 World Final. I might have to go to next year's - where is it?
Back to top Go down
wildcat

Number of posts : 462
Registration date : 2007-12-13

PostSubject: Re: did speaky cost moodie the world final   Mon Sep 15, 2014 3:11 pm

From my viewpoint I thought Moodie initially hooked up on the back of Speaky, but once he became free and on entering the back straight then Moodie could have driven around him and raced off as (once again) Gordon set the fastest time in practice, and had he caught Rob by surprise then he would have been away and gone before Rob had chance to chase him down.

It most certainly did cost him the win, but had he "created" another set of yellow flags then it could possibly have been another story.....but also congratulations to George, who drove a good race, and yes Barry was unfortunate too as he was away and gone.

I don't agree it was an excellently run meeting though...........same old story with big meetings....too many Formula.....It started at 5.30 and by 10.00 when there is supposedly a "time curfew" there was still four more F2 races, two more Saloons and one more F2 Heritage race to run, according to how it was programmed. 8 races run in 4.5 hours isn't a well run meeting I don't think.

It was good to see new things tried out, like the entrance tunnel with lights and smoke (Stars in Their Eyes style), but why were the cars then driven round the parade lap in the dark ? It was not easy to see the drivers and cars, and must have been nigh on impossible for them to pick out friends and family in the crowd, and on that point what a very big crowd in attendance.....I hope Steve will get at least as many next week too.
Back to top Go down
wildcat

Number of posts : 462
Registration date : 2007-12-13

PostSubject: Re: did speaky cost moodie the world final   Mon Sep 15, 2014 3:17 pm

And I think next year it may be at Hednesford ?
Back to top Go down
beaks

Number of posts : 414
Registration date : 2008-09-28

PostSubject: Re: did speaky cost moodie the world final   Mon Sep 15, 2014 3:45 pm

wildcat wrote:

It was good to see new things tried out, like the entrance tunnel with lights and smoke (Stars in Their Eyes style), but why were the cars then driven round the parade lap in the dark ? It was not easy to see the drivers and cars, and must have been nigh on impossible for them to pick out friends and family in the crowd, and on that point what a very big crowd in attendance.....I hope Steve will get at least as many next week too.

If the main floodlights were on the tunnel lights would have been next to useless. I fully agree that picking out the drivers was difficult... but not impossible...!!

I don't think you'll find atmosphere like there was on Saturday at any Stock Car track at any point soon - including this coming Saturday.

Cheers,

Ian B

Back to top Go down
http://www.thekfoundation.com
Stoxmania Admin

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2014-03-01

PostSubject: Re: did speaky cost moodie the world final   Mon Sep 15, 2014 5:38 pm

I have to say that I left the meeting absolutely buzzing. The physical structure of the Racewall, stands etc along with the passionate support of the locals always gives the place a cauldron type atmosphere and with it being so busy that was even more evident that usual. That temporary stand was rather impressive too.

It was nice to see a promoter trying something different to build up to the big race and I believe it worked well, getting the crowd onto the track to meet and greet can only help us to feel more 'involved' too so well done to all concerned.

So onto the actual topic, would Moodie have won? well clearly his chances would have been greatly improved but it was early in the race and even Mystic Meg could not predict the outcome of a race at that stage so I'll not try.

Obviously I feel for Barry Goldin as he seemed to have it in the bag but this only underlines my point above, I hope Barry is feeling OK.

As for the winner, George is a driver who wears his heart on his sleeve, probably more so that any of the other big guns. He has been thereabouts for a while now and personally I'm delighted for him and am sure he will wear the gold roof with pride and continue to be a major asset for the sport in general.

Not knocking them as such but it was also rather refreshing to see a tarmac race with the field dominated by a particular chassis maker actual won in something different. I think that Dave Polley's builds clearly underline the philosophy of 'to finish first, first you have to finish'.

Steve.
Back to top Go down
trimal

Number of posts : 152
Registration date : 2008-05-27

PostSubject: Re: did speaky cost moodie the world final   Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:48 pm

Regarding the tunnel smoke.
I am reliably informed that it was very difficult to see in there and there was a danger of driving into the pit gate when turning on to the track..................but she managed it.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: did speaky cost moodie the world final   

Back to top Go down

did speaky cost moodie the world final
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1