Share | 

All change at Spedeworth

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
pedro

Number of posts : 3027
Registration date : 2007-06-18

PostSubject: All change at Spedeworth   Thu Oct 16, 2014 4:50 pm

No more ORCi Ministox from next year. Incarace will keep them for 2015. They are bringing in another home grown formula 'Junior Micra stox'

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2014-03-01

PostSubject: Re: All change at Spedeworth   Thu Oct 16, 2014 5:51 pm

its a long while since the mini was produced and the ORCi version is more road car based than the Brisca ones so maybe not a big shock. Which model of Micra is it though?
Back to top Go down
Grafter

Number of posts : 2114
Registration date : 2007-12-07

PostSubject: Re: All change at Spedeworth   Thu Oct 16, 2014 6:42 pm

Change is progress. Its high time a more modern engine hit the ovals. I believe Speedworth have stole the march once again. A cheap entry formula with a guarantee of x number of years before any major changes will be introduced is whats needed. The BriSCA minis will live on for now, as they have evolved into expensive spaceframes beyond the reach of many kids today, and there is just too much money invested in them to just swap makes of car/engine. I like the Dutch approach with the junior F2's (a more logical approach having a purpose built chassis with rear wheel drive). Just use a lower cc standard engine for the young ones to learn in an then transplant a larger cc engine into the chassis when they move up. This keeps costs down and more avenues open when it comes to selling.
Possibly this new approach will click with the young drivers due to it being a model that lots of kids learnt to drive in. What i would like to see is less formulas and more control of the costs.....especially in the junior formulas.
Back to top Go down
carlton

Number of posts : 1575
Registration date : 2007-09-14

PostSubject: Re: All change at Spedeworth   Fri Oct 17, 2014 4:23 pm

Just heard a rumour that Lochgelly will from the start of next season run Saturday evening meetings, clashing with Cowdenbeath.

If this is true, then Madness is the word that springs to my mind.
Back to top Go down
Stoxmania Admin

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2014-03-01

PostSubject: Re: All change at Spedeworth   Fri Oct 17, 2014 4:36 pm

Carlton, that is not a rumour, have a look at this link

Lochgelly on Saturdays

or if that does not work;

http://www.hardieracepromotions.co.uk/mainindex.php?P=newsstory&NID=473

a very surprising move
Back to top Go down
carlton

Number of posts : 1575
Registration date : 2007-09-14

PostSubject: Re: All change at Spedeworth   Fri Oct 17, 2014 5:59 pm

Stunned to be honest, only one way to see how it pans out I suppose, but having said that maybe a few less Cowdie F2 sessions would be good in the long run, giving drivers the chance to repair damage meaning more cars at meetings ?

Obviously I don't know what the F2 promoters are planning for next season, but would a F2 session at Cowdie every OTHER week help the sport in Scotland ?

Back to top Go down
J4LMP

Number of posts : 1985
Registration date : 2008-04-10

PostSubject: Re: All change at Spedeworth   Fri Oct 17, 2014 8:21 pm

carlton wrote:
Just heard a rumour that Lochgelly will from the start of next season run Saturday evening meetings, clashing with Cowdenbeath.

If this is true, then Madness is the word that springs to my mind.

Very Happy I won't give you duff info fella..... geek your welcome! What did you text me back, "it's a good job you now have other hobbies/interests"....... Jobs f * * * ed fella....... Sad
Back to top Go down
Grafter

Number of posts : 2114
Registration date : 2007-12-07

PostSubject: Re: All change at Spedeworth   Wed Mar 04, 2015 12:09 am

Noticed over on stoxnet they have just caught up with this subject matter via a change of direction topic. Some of the posts echo what I have already said. Having had a word with a circuit racing chap today and mentioning the national minis, and the young ladies doing well in them last season; he said well fwd is for girls! (not sure if he was joking). He then said doesn't anyone run a mazda mx5 based formula; they're cheap and popular on the circuits? I said no due to fuel injection issues...but he said there are ways around it. So a modern rwd which appears cheap and plentiful with loads of aftermarket parts would be possible. It could be a saloon type formula with the right fabrication and a restrictor plate fitted for the juniors (cheaper to progress or easier to sell on).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: All change at Spedeworth   

Back to top Go down

All change at Spedeworth
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1