Share | 

More than one way to skin a cat?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Grafter

Number of posts : 2114
Registration date : 2007-12-07

PostSubject: More than one way to skin a cat?   Thu Nov 20, 2014 6:56 pm

Yes its that old chesnut/groundhog day/deja vu ect ect...... can't we have the meeting after the world final at the same track to save travelling/expenses for the vast majority?
Well there used to be a number of clashing meetings in the past. So the 2015 F1 world is at the hired venue of Kings Lynn..... so what if another promotion were to hire the venue for the Sunday? .......a Dutch promotion running their own rules (no different to drivers from the UK going to Holland to race). This would give all the Dutch dirt racers (who came over in good numbers this year) another chance to race.
If Kings Lynn was unavailable then how about that other RDC track down near Dover (right on their route home)?
Back to top Go down
bm7921

Number of posts : 358
Registration date : 2007-07-15

PostSubject: Re: More than one way to skin a cat?   Thu Nov 20, 2014 7:28 pm

Will NEVER happen. I understand brisca drivers have to get permission to drive none brisca meetings ie in Holland . Brisca will never authorise drivers to race on a uk track the same day as an official uk brisca meeting.

Last edited by bm7921 on Thu Nov 20, 2014 7:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
carlton

Number of posts : 1575
Registration date : 2007-09-14

PostSubject: Re: More than one way to skin a cat?   Thu Nov 20, 2014 7:35 pm

Grafter the trouble is, we fans have all these great ideas and suggestions, but none of us own or rent stock car tracks !

RDC don't want or need F1 racing to survive.

Hopefully next year Mildenhall will be providing the same entertainment it has for decades, but the prize schedule for F1's is something they wont consider.

Dover, not got to the track yet, but its pretty basic I gather, but fills the needs of the locals.

Brisca F1 is looking for premier venues, the ones that are left are all they have, any new tracks going forward will be basic ones, tidied up.

What would you expect a premier track to have, seating, and covered accommodation as a minimum.

What Brisca tracks have these two basic items ? Going through my F2 fixture list of venues,

Ballymena, Belle Vue, Coventry, Cowdenbeath, Hednesford, Ipswich, Kings Lynn, Mildenhall, Nutts Corner, Sheffield, Stoke and Venray. So Brisca F1 has access to eight premier venues in the UK and mainland Europe, out of 12 venues. At most 40 meetings I would assume ?

Next tier down, covered accommodation, Arena Essex, Buxton, Crimond, Skegness.

Basic venues Barford, Birmingham, Bristol, Northampton, St Day and Taunton.

Its what we have got and unless some one wins the Euro millions and is very generous it is what we will have in the F2 future, what will F1 do to expand if at all ?

Back to top Go down
Grafter

PostSubject: Re: More than one way to skin a cat?   Thu Nov 20, 2014 8:27 pm

But would there be anything stopping a Dutch organisation or RDC staging an event at a track in this country for just the Dutch drivers? Around 40 Dutch F1's made it over to this years world and only a handful raced at Pr1mo. So if RDC/Dutch organisation wanted to run them (they are used to no start money I understand), this would be an ideal time....30 F1's around Dover would be quite a site and the Dutch dirt racers never fail to put on a show.
Back to top Go down
mod77

Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2010-11-10

PostSubject: Re: More than one way to skin a cat?   Thu Nov 20, 2014 9:22 pm

Used to race at Dover (or proper name Coombe Valley) many moons ago. Very underrated track. Although not been for a little while it did have post and wire on top of armco fence.
Back to top Go down
bm7921

Number of posts : 358
Registration date : 2007-07-15

PostSubject: Re: More than one way to skin a cat?   Fri Nov 21, 2014 12:09 am

After years of the uk and dutch organisations working together you want to possibly destroy the unity just so you don't have to travel to Northampton the day after a wf. Brisca would be fuming if another f1 meeting was run in the uk on the same day as brisca event.
Back to top Go down
Grafter

PostSubject: Re: More than one way to skin a cat?   Fri Nov 21, 2014 7:37 am

How closely are they trying to work together?
When we have a world on shale there are a lot more dirt racers wanting to come over and make a long weekend of it. So why not give them the opportunity of one more meeting to say thank you for the support?
Also if the links are so close why make things more difficult/expensive for them to race over here with different tyre/shockers and possibly brake pad rules?
A few of their guys even came over for the last years drivers agm to put their points across.......lets see if they bother this year.
Btw is there a booking list up yet for drivers attending their own agm? lol!
Back to top Go down
piet 98

Number of posts : 1627
Registration date : 2007-08-07

PostSubject: Re: More than one way to skin a cat?   Fri Nov 21, 2014 10:58 am

expensive shockers shall always be in holland,we don,t have real smooth shale tracks,and it shall never be,a bumpy track is part of our racing,with cheap shockers we kill our clutch,gearbox and back axle bounce
Back to top Go down
Grafter

PostSubject: Re: More than one way to skin a cat?   Sat Nov 22, 2014 1:43 pm

Thanks for the input piet 98. I know some of the dirt racers over there are spending Ä700 plus per shocker......but is that good for the sport overall? Could you advise why these shocks stop a clutch/gearbox or axle failing? I am guessing that you mean that the tyre remains in contact with the track more and thus there is less torque on the drive train, causing broken half shafts/snapped input shafts and cracking around the rivets and splines of the drive plates. But the cost of a broken shocker negates the benifits gained I would have thought.
Anyway I'm sure that our regulation shocker over here would be of absolutely no use to you dirt racers over in Holland.
Btw. As Emmen runs under the BriSCA banner, do they now run to the same rules as the UK?
Back to top Go down
piet 98

PostSubject: Re: More than one way to skin a cat?   Sat Nov 22, 2014 5:05 pm

you understand exatly the problems with the bumps ,grafter ,good explanation,but the shockers we use are a lot stronger,in a couple of season i never broke one,and if you broke one for example at st maarten there is service on the track in a half our it,s repaired .

about emmen the most race with the expensive shockers no problem the bvsr and promoters try to use the brisca rules,but keeps always a couple of years behind,just like the tyres rules ,some of us still use hoosiers on st maarten,but i believe at blauwhuis and emmen only good years and american racer

the problem in holland is we have no organisation above it all tracks have there own rules and in holland we never get the noses the same way some suplyers have also some business on some tracks....don,t think we never can,t compare to the british rules Laughing
Back to top Go down
Grafter

PostSubject: Re: More than one way to skin a cat?   Sat Nov 22, 2014 11:09 pm

Thanks for the informed reply piet 98 (nice English btw). My only concern with the large bumps is the inevitable bumper on bumper hits not making contact and damage is inflicted on the roll cage or worse.
It's rarely in the best interest of the sport if sponsors/promotors have a vested interest in products supplied to enable cars to race. Only if these items are supplied at cost or if detailed accounts are provided of any profits made and then put back into the sport, should it be allowed. Otherwise a maximum price should be set for any given part and it must be readily available to all.......plus if a driver wants to use a cheaper part there should be nothing to stop them (unless its deemed to impact on safety).
As for the rules at each track being different for you......I donít know how the scutineers cope!
Anyway back on topic...... here is a video from Dover/Castle Coombe raceway https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&ei=7ghxVOizINCxafzKgagC&url=http://www.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3DMHx9ELaDcI4&ved=0CDQQtwIwCA&usg=AFQjCNE7grtY8xfjPpGqKRUllZSc2Lzxug . It looks like a mix of thinly covered concrete on the turns and shale/dirt on the straights.....with a couple of bumps thrown in to spice things up Very Happy
Back to top Go down
piet 98

PostSubject: Re: More than one way to skin a cat?   Sun Nov 23, 2014 12:55 am

next week there,s a important meeting with the dutch brisca(bvsr)and they wanna vote how things must go in the dutch scene,looks to be intresting Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Grafter

PostSubject: Re: More than one way to skin a cat?   Sun Nov 23, 2014 10:47 am

Lets hope common sense prevails and self interests are not allowed to overshadow the greater good of the sport.
Something I wrote a while back which I feel should be kept in mind........A stock car can only be constructed from road legal OE parts approved by the BSCDA (these parts may be modified to an agreed spec' after consultation with the BSCDA technical committee). If OE parts become rare/unobtainable then aftermarket alternatives will be sourced and added to an approved list of parts. Other after market parts can only be added to the approved list if they are of similar cost to the OE part (or less) and they do not lead to major performance gains which would result in more expenditure on other drive train parts due to more strain being put upon them. Engines would still be unlimited/naturally aspirated/cast iron block.
If any after market parts become rare/increase in price significantly or quality deteriorates.....then drivers will be given notice of these parts being removed from the approved list.
A sound understanding of what the sport and cars are designed to be gives a strong foundation for future drivers and promotors to have confidence in. This in turn gives a positive message to any future sponsors. Too much room to change the basics and this leads to insecurity.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: More than one way to skin a cat?   

Back to top Go down

More than one way to skin a cat?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1