Share | 

Gordon Moodie banned until June

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
carlton

Number of posts : 1575
Registration date : 2007-09-14

PostSubject: Gordon Moodie banned until June   Sat Jan 24, 2015 4:56 pm

Gordon Moodie has been banned until June 2015 following a disciplinary hearing according to the official F2 website.
Back to top Go down
nikeastwood

Number of posts : 671
Registration date : 2007-06-20

PostSubject: Re: Gordon Moodie banned until June   Sat Jan 24, 2015 5:03 pm

he will still win the points
Back to top Go down
kev116

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2008-09-14

PostSubject: Re: Gordon Moodie banned until June   Sat Jan 24, 2015 5:36 pm

Took brisca long enough to ban him , after his antics at taunton and bristol ect , Gordon was a digrace at cowdie that night , but hey ho got his just desserts , rapidyellow is right he will still win the 2015 nat points as no one else is intrested in it any more .
Back to top Go down
Dave Wayne

Number of posts : 769
Registration date : 2007-07-18

PostSubject: Re: Gordon Moodie banned until June   Sat Jan 24, 2015 7:54 pm

rapidyellow wrote:
he will still win the points

Quite possibly but it depends if any other drivers who know they can't commit the amount of time and money to beat him over a whole season will see the opportunity to step up to the plate and make an early season push to build up a points cushion.

Moodie will be able to do 48 meetings if he races at every possible opportunity once his ban ends. Based on his average of 35 points in 2014, this would give a final total of 1680 points.
Therefore for a driver to beat him over the full season, the number of meetings they would need to do depending on their average would be :

30 point average - 57 meetings
25 point average - 68 meetings
20 point average - 85 meetings

There are 90 racing dates in next years calendar, so it would still take some serious commitment and travelling to win the title in 2015 but maybe one or two drivers will see it as their best chance to wear a silver roof and will give it a go.

The other thing to take into account is that it is unlikely that Moodie will manage to attain the same average in 2015 as he will have to go where the racing is rather than picking and choosing his meetings. To do all 48 would mean 3 visits to Belle Vue and one each to Kings Lynn and Stoke which are unlikely to yield massive points hauls for him.
Back to top Go down
andy11

Number of posts : 131
Registration date : 2007-06-22

PostSubject: Re: Gordon Moodie banned until June   Mon Jan 26, 2015 10:05 am

If fencing another driver is a one month ban BriSCA stockcars would have to ban a dozen or so drivers every meeting. There is a very fine line between forcing a driver to the outside of the track and it can depend on the skill of the other driver keeping it out of the fence. I assume Gordon was deemed guilty of extreme or excessive force but even then I thought if it wasn't a " follow in " it was ok . We call it full contact racing or are we now nudge and spin in the F2s.
That said Gordon is a master of car control like no other and no-one wants to see drivers injured.
If anyone on here saw what happened at cowdie perhaps they could give us their thoughts.
Back to top Go down
Dave Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Gordon Moodie banned until June   Mon Jan 26, 2015 1:42 pm

Andy, if you go onto the official brisca f2 website and watch the scrolling pictures on the home page you will see evidence that it wasn't an ordinary fencing. Moodie took Dawson in so hard that all 4 wheels of his own car are off the ground.
I said at the time that it was almost as if he was trying to see if brisca had the bottle to impose his suspended ban as he committed a similar offence on Bradbury at Bristol 3 weeks earlier !
It has probably worked out better for the other drivers that he wasn't banned for the first incident as he might then have served part of the ban last year and missed less of the new season.
Back to top Go down
garfield

Number of posts : 1832
Registration date : 2007-09-05

PostSubject: Re: Gordon Moodie banned until June   Mon Jan 26, 2015 5:05 pm

I'll be honest I was surprised he appeared in the next race on the night after such a follow in. I'm not surprised by the ban at all for this one. Dawson isn't 100% innoncent though he hit Moodies car when he was stopped under yellows behind the goal so surely that would be a suspended ban as well at least??
Back to top Go down
andy11

Number of posts : 131
Registration date : 2007-06-22

PostSubject: Re: Gordon Moodie banned until June   Tue Jan 27, 2015 8:23 am

Thanks for the info guys, doesn't sound like there are no grounds for an appeal. So it will be the skeg speedweekend before I hopefully see him again. "Talent not tampered with" just on hold.
Back to top Go down
nugget

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2015-01-31

PostSubject: Re: Gordon Moodie banned until June   Sat Jan 31, 2015 6:28 pm

Dave Wayne what year were you world champ (that is a gold roof in your profile pic is it not?)
Back to top Go down
sausage

Number of posts : 2526
Registration date : 2010-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Gordon Moodie banned until June   Sat Jan 31, 2015 7:52 pm

Lol......
Nugget. How have you managed to post your 1st post tomorrow?. scratch .. (1/2/15)..
How about tonight/last night's lottery No's afro afro ..
Back to top Go down
Dave Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Gordon Moodie banned until June   Sun Feb 01, 2015 12:07 am

nugget wrote:
Dave Wayne what year were you world champ (that is a gold roof in your profile pic is it not?)

Quite clearly a yellow roof. What exactly is your point ? Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Two Putt Shakur

Number of posts : 1969
Localisation : I'M SORRY NICK FALDO COULDN'T BE WITH US THIS WEEK. HE'S ATTENDING THE BIRTH OF HIS NEXT WIFE

PostSubject: Re: Gordon Moodie banned until June   Sun Feb 01, 2015 10:07 am

You mean a post from the future Sausage re Nugget? Don't mate as Dave will think that was me!
Back to top Go down
Two Putt Shakur

Number of posts : 1969
Localisation : I'M SORRY NICK FALDO COULDN'T BE WITH US THIS WEEK. HE'S ATTENDING THE BIRTH OF HIS NEXT WIFE

PostSubject: Re: Gordon Moodie banned until June   Sun Feb 01, 2015 10:09 am

On a positive note, at least ill get a chance to watch Gordon race in July at Skegness. Surely that's a good reason to go and watch alongside a certain 84, although saying that, knowing our luck Tom will be banned by then for using the wrong frickin dustcap!!
Back to top Go down
nugget

PostSubject: Re: Gordon Moodie banned until June   Sun Feb 01, 2015 11:32 am

[/quote]

Quite clearly a yellow roof. What exactly is your point ? Rolling Eyes[/quote] Oh my mistake! Did you not do it for very long?
Back to top Go down
sausage

Number of posts : 2526
Registration date : 2010-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Gordon Moodie banned until June   Sun Feb 01, 2015 1:54 pm

Two Putt Shakur wrote:
You mean a post from the future Sausage re Nugget? Don't mate as Dave will think that was me!

lol! Very Good 2putt... Wink
Back to top Go down
Dave Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Gordon Moodie banned until June   Sun Feb 01, 2015 9:45 pm

nugget wrote:
  Oh my mistake! Did you not do it for very long?                                                                                          

About a year and a half on a very limited budget until an injury enforced retirement.
Not sure what relevance that has to this thread though. Maybe you can enlighten me ?
Back to top Go down
carlton

Number of posts : 1575
Registration date : 2007-09-14

PostSubject: Re: Gordon Moodie banned until June   Sun Feb 01, 2015 10:20 pm

Perhaps Nuggett thinks you are 306 , gold top George Polley, Hot rod Racer from the 1970's, not yellow top F2 racer and saloon stox driver Dave Wayne from the 1990's ?

Yellow and gold sometimes difficult to pick out on avatars !
Back to top Go down
nugget

PostSubject: Re: Gordon Moodie banned until June   Mon Feb 02, 2015 12:26 am

[/quote]

About a year and a half on a very limited budget until an injury enforced retirement.
Not sure what relevance that has to this thread though. Maybe you can enlighten me ?[/quote] Oh sorry about that like Carlton has said i defiantly have mistook you for somebody else sorry my mistake ,anyway congratulations on achieving a yellow top status in such a short time well done you!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gordon Moodie banned until June   

Back to top Go down

Gordon Moodie banned until June
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1