Share | 

Decisions decisions.......

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Grafter

Number of posts : 2114
Registration date : 2007-12-07

PostSubject: Decisions decisions.......   Sat Feb 28, 2015 12:07 pm

Just checked out this seasons fixtures home and away and would like a bit of advice if the event at Lopik in Holland is a good all round (long) weekend 22 to 25 May. It will mean missing my usual Kings Lynn and Belle Vue meetings and just want to know if its now looked upon with the same prestige as the Kings meeting/NK at St Maarten ect. as I have not been to this event before. Thanks. http://www.foutecross.nl/bezoeker/videos/
Back to top Go down
piet 98

Number of posts : 1627
Registration date : 2007-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Decisions decisions.......   Sat Feb 28, 2015 2:51 pm

well worth a visit grafter,they have alot of events,famous is the lopik 500 it goes trough the night,cars having lights on ,and when you stranded,they push you of the track without stop the race,also a lot of entertainment on the circuit with a large partytent,but keep a eye on the weather forecast,when it,s raining it becomes very muddy,wear ytour riggerboots
Back to top Go down
Grafter

PostSubject: Re: Decisions decisions.......   Sat Feb 28, 2015 3:56 pm

Thanks piet 98, I think I will give it a go just because it will make a change to my usual oval tastes. It looks like there are 2 tracks; one oval and one autocross....is that right? Also saw a clip of tractor pulling.....do they get many take part?
As for rigger boots I usually wear them to post race parties.....I've learnt since going into the Skegness bar at 2am lol!
Back to top Go down
piet 98

PostSubject: Re: Decisions decisions.......   Sat Feb 28, 2015 4:06 pm

i believe they have a multifunctionel event with lots of events,a lot of lads from the Island i live going every year and racing the 500,from what i have heard it,s really a great event to be,for real the real partyanimal and racefan
Back to top Go down
piet 98

PostSubject: Re: Decisions decisions.......   Sat Feb 28, 2015 4:09 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cE4e_oWWe2w hear are some tapes from the event i found at you tube,it will give you a indication how it looks
Back to top Go down
piet 98

PostSubject: Re: Decisions decisions.......   Sat Feb 28, 2015 4:17 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQtvQZFxLn4 this was 2012 excuse me no translation lol!
Back to top Go down
Grafter

PostSubject: Re: Decisions decisions.......   Sat Feb 28, 2015 10:21 pm

Thanks for those. I'm sold on it.....it looks a cracking weekend cheers
Do you know how much admission is per day or for the whole weekend?
Back to top Go down
AndyG

Number of posts : 71
Registration date : 2008-04-27

PostSubject: Re: Decisions decisions.......   Sat Feb 28, 2015 11:34 pm

The best weekend of the year by a mile, flights already booked for this year - my pics of last year's event here

It's a three day event with racing on the Friday, Saturday and Monday, Sint Marteen is on the Sunday so we tend to go there and to do four F1 meetings in four days.

The Lopik festival is very unique, think stockcar racing with autograss thrown in and a rave in the evening. Last year they only got 20ish F1s but they provided good racing, the bangers were mental and the autograss is good as well. Further to this they run the Lopik 500, which involves 100+ cars competing on the 1/2 mile circuit in an endurance race, thoroughly entertaining. You get your moneys worth, on the Saturday the racing starts at 9am and finishes about 11pm!

In the four meetings last year, inc Sint Marteen we saw 74 rollovers!

If you have any questions give me a shout.
Back to top Go down
piet 98

PostSubject: Re: Decisions decisions.......   Sun Mar 01, 2015 7:00 am

AndyG wrote:
The best weekend of the year by a mile, flights already booked for this year - my pics of last year's event here

It's a three day event with racing on the Friday, Saturday and Monday, Sint Marteen is on the Sunday so we tend to go there and to do four F1 meetings in four days.

The Lopik festival is very unique, think stockcar racing with autograss thrown in and a rave in the evening.  Last year they only got 20ish F1s but they provided good racing, the bangers were mental and the autograss is good as well.  Further to this they run the Lopik 500, which involves 100+ cars competing on the 1/2 mile circuit in an endurance race, thoroughly entertaining.  You get your moneys worth, on the Saturday the racing starts at 9am and finishes about 11pm!

In the four meetings last year, inc Sint Marteen we saw 74 rollovers!

If you have any questions give me a shout.
looks like we got the expert in the building lol! grafter give andy a shout for a advice,have a great weekend Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Grafter

PostSubject: Re: Decisions decisions.......   Sun Mar 01, 2015 3:00 pm

Thanks for all the info. It looks like the e tickets (that could be confusing in Holland Laughing ) have just gone on sale today. Its €35 for the whole weekend for adults and €20 for 11 to 15 years. Camping/caravan for the whole weekend including entry looks to be €90 and extra adult/youth €60/€40.
But any idea if there is a camping or entry charge for kids under 11 years? Thanks.
The programme of events also lists F1 racing on Sunday....is this list correct? As it says Sunday is gratis on the weekend ticket.
Back to top Go down
AndyG

Number of posts : 71
Registration date : 2008-04-27

PostSubject: Re: Decisions decisions.......   Sun Mar 01, 2015 9:20 pm

Don't think there is any F1 racing on the Sunday a Lopik, Sint Marten is on and is about 1h 20min from Lopik and is well worth a visit, arguably the most entertaining F1 circuit around.  On the Sunday at Lopik they have a battle of the bands competition, weightlifting, strong man competitions and other bizarre events.  The full programme for the weekend is available here.

I've always brought my ticket on the door, think it was about £40 for the weekend last year for spectating only.  I've never camped and last year stayed at the Mercure Nieuwegein which is about 5 miles from Lopik.  As I usually fly to prevent having to take extra time off work for driving, with flying it is not that much more expensive to stay at a hotel as opposed to paying for a suitcase on a plane to fit a tent and the cost of a weekend camping ticket.
Back to top Go down
Conny Hash

Number of posts : 487
Registration date : 2007-06-20

PostSubject: Re: Decisions decisions.......   Mon Mar 02, 2015 12:34 pm

I would go to Holland, KL and BV are on all season.

I have decided to miss the Birmingham Semi as I will be in Bristol (US) for the Irwin night race!

Its not just about brisca F1
Back to top Go down
Grafter

PostSubject: Re: Decisions decisions.......   Mon Mar 02, 2015 12:52 pm

Andy G thanks for the tips but will be taking the family and camping should work out cheaper and more convenient with a car.
I know where you are coming from Conny Hash, I always try to support the ones but sometimes one meeting blends into another and they become rather samey (not the drivers fault so much as the imagination of the promotion team). Thats why I've decided to head to Holland.....and having been to St Maarten a few times before I think we shall stay and take in the unusual entertainment on the Sunday to.
Back to top Go down
Grafter

PostSubject: Re: Decisions decisions.......   Wed Jun 10, 2015 1:10 am

Here's a little taster of what was on offer https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&ei=in13VaaLIMXaUf6igugL&url=http://www.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3DiDBJ6wJ2H1I&ved=0CDYQtwIwCTgKahUKEwim-Ou66IPGAhVFbRQKHX6RAL0&usg=AFQjCNFCBknVNiZ69ib_0eJRPUZWNeayTQ
And the opening minutes here explain a few things https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&ei=yX93VfqSF4LkUd_FgvgI&url=http://www.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3DrwtsjzsbwWg&ved=0CCMQtwIwAWoVChMIupv6zOqDxgIVAnIUCh3fogCP&usg=AFQjCNGcqJMGoag8vD1WA2mIqVbOX2N_Xw Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Decisions decisions.......   

Back to top Go down

Decisions decisions.......
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1