Coventry rubbish.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
sausage

Number of posts : 2526
Registration date : 2010-01-19

PostSubject: Coventry rubbish.   Thu Apr 02, 2015 9:52 pm

A bit early but hey-ho.
When the bulldozers eventually move in there's no-doubt gonna be a clamber for a 'momento' the builders will look at the pile of rubble as 'rubbish' plenty of Brisca fans will refer to it as treasure.
Here's your big chance now to reserve 'a momento' that would otherwise be destined for a skip.
Wonder if they'll have an open day once it's been levelled? Like they did at St Mary's church near me, somet catholics kept a single brick!. Wonder if it took pride of place on the mantle piece,?.

Here's me telling you right now!:... I'm having one of them asbestos sheets used as cladding on the front of the stadium... I'm gonna get Rob Speak to sign it then bang it on eBay.
Back to top Go down
sausage

PostSubject: Re: Coventry rubbish.   Thu Apr 02, 2015 10:10 pm

S. Rees..... The armco ..
Back to top Go down
bwplive.com

Number of posts : 580
Registration date : 2007-06-30

PostSubject: Re: Coventry rubbish.   Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:08 am

You talk a lot of sense on here Sausage. I started taking shale home on my coat, boats & car a few years ago. I think I have got about enough to fill in a couple of large'ish pot holes now! study bom bom bom
Back to top Go down
sausage

PostSubject: Re: Coventry rubbish.   Fri Apr 03, 2015 12:09 pm

Carlton if i'm not mistaken went one bit further when they pulled down the old Belle Vue...
He got a job there pulling it down affraid .. then loaded up his van with allsorts of tat... lol..
Back to top Go down
J4LMP

Number of posts : 1985
Registration date : 2008-04-10

PostSubject: Re: Coventry rubbish.   Fri Apr 03, 2015 12:17 pm

bwplive.com wrote:
You talk a lot of sense on here Sausage. I started taking shale home on my coat, boats & car a few years ago. I think I have got about enough to fill in a couple of large'ish pot holes now! study bom bom bom

Jesus don't encourage him! As for Carlton, yes he does have a number of Belle Vue items in his garage, I seem to recall him taking the day of work to travel up here to get it all...

No chance of you travelling down to Coventry though is there sausage, too busy in the garden centre for that!

Tell me, where are you spending this weeks stock car money? Halfords? BnQ? Smiths garden centres? lol
Back to top Go down
carlton

Number of posts : 1575
Registration date : 2007-09-14

PostSubject: Re: Coventry rubbish.   Fri Apr 03, 2015 3:03 pm

You lot will get me hung I'm sure !

Yes I have a large piece of Belle Vue memrobilia on my garage wall, I'll get a piccy of it one day for you if you are good, I didn't take a day of work for my trip I went on Boxing Day 1987 on what should have been a Belle Vue meeting day and found the gate open, so went in , in my Capri, not works van and had a real good look round !!!

Mick and Tosh Maltby have most of my photos at the moment for copying, pictures of the slowly being demolished Belle Vue are in there amongst them, if I have the heart I'll post some one day, they really are sad to see though.

The really embarrasing closed track visit Sausage was Aycliffe, but that's for another day.

Anyway getting back on topic, I wouldn't really want anything from Coventry, it has never been one of my favourite tracks.

Carlton
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Coventry rubbish.   

Back to top Go down

Coventry rubbish.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1