Share | 

Congratulations Chris Burgoyne

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
carlton

Number of posts : 1575
Registration date : 2007-09-14

PostSubject: Congratulations Chris Burgoyne   Sun Apr 05, 2015 4:27 pm

Massive well done to Chris Burgoyne who won the Barford F2 final this afternoon, his career 100th F2 final win.

He thus becomes only the tenth drivers in the sports history to achieve this honour.

Well done Chris, fantastic achievement,

Carlton
Back to top Go down
carlton

PostSubject: Re: Congratulations Chris Burgoyne   Fri Apr 10, 2015 2:56 pm

Just bumped this back up to top as nobody seems to want to say well done Chris !!!
Back to top Go down
bwplive.com

Number of posts : 580
Registration date : 2007-06-30

PostSubject: Re: Congratulations Chris Burgoyne   Fri Apr 10, 2015 5:30 pm

carlton wrote:
Just bumped this back up to top as nobody seems to want to say well done Chris !!!

well done Chris cheers
Back to top Go down
carlton

PostSubject: Re: Congratulations Chris Burgoyne   Fri Apr 10, 2015 5:49 pm

LOL, good man BAZ
Back to top Go down
frankiebdv

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2013-07-26

PostSubject: Re: Congratulations Chris Burgoyne   Fri Apr 10, 2015 9:26 pm

Well done #647 Chris Burgoyne!

To win 100 Finals is an outstanding achievement by any stretch of the imagination. The more you think about it, the more incredible it appears.

To win one final must be a dream come true for most racers. I suspect the vast majority of stock car racers will go their whole career without winning a final and for an even bigger number of drivers just winning a race, any race, would be a lifetimes achievement. I was fortunate enough to have had half a dozen outings in an f2 and just finishing the race was a big deal for me!

Even getting a car on the track takes considerate time, money and effort which is in turn, beyond the wildest dreams of most of the fans who pack the terraces every week. The commitment to racing, car construction skills and driving ability Chris and his team show week in week out is a credit to the sport and one I can only admire and applaud.

Well done mate.
Back to top Go down
bwplive.com

Number of posts : 580
Registration date : 2007-06-30

PostSubject: Re: Congratulations Chris Burgoyne   Fri Apr 10, 2015 10:37 pm

frankiebdv wrote:
Well done #647 Chris Burgoyne!

To win 100 Finals is an outstanding achievement by any stretch of the imagination. The more you think about it, the more incredible it appears.

To win one final must be a dream come true for most racers. I suspect the vast majority of stock car racers will go their whole career without winning a final and for an even bigger number of drivers just winning a race, any race, would be a lifetimes achievement. I was fortunate enough to have had half a dozen outings in an f2 and just finishing the race was a big deal for me!

Even getting a car on the track takes considerate time, money and effort which is in turn, beyond the wildest dreams of most of the fans who pack the terraces every week. The commitment to racing, car construction skills and driving ability Chris and his team show week in week out is a credit to the sport and one I can only admire and applaud.

Well done mate.

Well put Frankie, he has certainly come along way since claiming the world final win at Cowdie (A massive achievement in itself given his age & experience at the time!) & the turbulent season that followed. Thinking about it, its a surprise he hasn't gone on to win other championships along the way, but is not for the want of trying.
Back to top Go down
F2-Fan

Number of posts : 1541
Registration date : 2007-06-22

PostSubject: Re: Congratulations Chris Burgoyne   Sat Apr 11, 2015 6:18 am

Another to add to our special awards
Back to top Go down
http://www.362racing.com
Grafter

Number of posts : 2114
Registration date : 2007-12-07

PostSubject: Re: Congratulations Chris Burgoyne   Sat Apr 11, 2015 10:17 am

Like Barry said; well put Frankie. Spoken like a person who is knowledgeable in the trials and passions of just being a small but vital part of the oval racing community.
A big well done to Chris and all the folk behind the scenes that keep him pointing in the right direction!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Congratulations Chris Burgoyne   

Back to top Go down

Congratulations Chris Burgoyne
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1