Registration date : 2015-01-31

PostSubject: Anyone seen these before?   Mon Apr 06, 2015 7:22 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kx1peUg2bAg
Back to top Go down
andy11

Number of posts : 131
Registration date : 2007-06-22

PostSubject: Re: Anyone seen these before?   Mon Apr 06, 2015 11:35 pm

Yet another formula that looks fun to race, but never going to get a crowd excited in a million years.
Back to top Go down
Grafter

Number of posts : 2114
Registration date : 2007-12-07

PostSubject: Re: Anyone seen these before?   Tue Apr 07, 2015 7:31 am

Yep; seen the footage before and posted it up here....
Subject: Re: Is it just me.... Tue Feb 10, 2015 11:22 pm
There certainly seems to be a growing trend in "micro formulas", which add little to the spectacle for spectators and serve to dilute the established formulas. Take these for example... http://minisupertwos.com/news/ , these (to me) just appear to be a rip off of the Stox karts with the same plodder of a Honda GX390 engine.
As for getting youngsters into the sport AND staying in it I think the Dutch have the right idea....junior F2's. Rear wheel drive is a proper race car imo. The likes of Brisca Mini's have little mini in them these days and are too expensive to run competitively.
As for the best racing I have seen (yes I have seen WoO in the states), I would give that honour to the Dutch NK meeting at Sint Maarten (just balls out, unpredictable, mental fun). If I just wanted to see lots of fast cars with the odd interesting manoeuvre, I would just go and stand on a motorway bridge.
Back to top Go down
PMD

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2015-01-31

PostSubject: Re: Anyone seen these before?   Tue Apr 07, 2015 7:56 pm

Agreed, i have been saying for a long time that when promoters bring new formulas out it doesnt add new drivers just waters down what is already there.
However, having said that, i dont think any drivers will be leaving f1's, 2's, saloons etc for formulas like these.

To look at it from another point of view, take the Incarace ifactor series where the stoxkarts run, i dont know for sure but i would imagine that they all pay to race, and if you get say 7 formulas racing each with 20 drivers that is a decent return from an evenings racing and, in the long run, running 7,8,9 or 10 of meetings for these kind of formulas each season may be the difference in a track being finacially viable or not.

But returning to the topic, it looks great fun, and just out of curiosity, what would be the chances of the annual allstox karting taking place in these instead of go-karts......
Back to top Go down
ex522

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2009-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Anyone seen these before?   Thu Apr 09, 2015 9:08 am

Lawnmowers with a chassis???
Back to top Go down
Stoxkart600

Number of posts : 79
Registration date : 2010-12-08

PostSubject: Re: Anyone seen these before?   Sun Apr 12, 2015 12:00 am

Stoxkarts do pay to race, 30

Re adding drivers, Stoxkarts do add, granted, early days, but John Brown V8's, the Baileys in F1's are examples of drivers who've come through the formula. Who knows where the current crop of juniors, or indeed the seniors will end up. Stoxkarts, and, in fairness, the other 'cheap' formula's give people an opportunity to move from standing round talking (or sitting at home typing) about it to actually doing it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.stoxkarts.co.uk/Stoxkarts_2009/Welcome_all.html
WARDLEN

Number of posts : 62
Registration date : 2009-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Anyone seen these before?   Sun Apr 12, 2015 12:53 pm

Good point in the previous thread, we were those regular fans watching and talking, then decided to take up rebel racing with my son as the driver (759 joe wardle). A great formula for anyone wishing to sample short oval racing and it enables drivers to move on when they have homed their skills.
Back to top Go down
trimal

Number of posts : 152
Registration date : 2008-05-27

PostSubject: Re: Anyone seen these before?   Sun Apr 12, 2015 4:08 pm

Yes we started with a Rebel or two, now have F2s.
Can only run what we can afford.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anyone seen these before?   

Back to top Go down

Anyone seen these before?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
ALLSTOX FANS FORUM :: STRICTLY STOX-
Jump to: