Share | 

Adults are now 14 are they ??

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
big mac

Number of posts : 220
Registration date : 2009-07-21

PostSubject: Adults are now 14 are they ??   Sun May 31, 2015 9:51 pm

Incarace,14 years of age and classed the same as an Adult..Even Rynair would'nt try that one.
The 22 for an "ADULT" is ok for the British, but not for a 14 year old.

I'm sorry Incarace but you really are taking the pi--!!!
Back to top Go down
Grafter

Number of posts : 2114
Registration date : 2007-12-07

PostSubject: Re: Adults are now 14 are they ??   Wed Jun 03, 2015 6:36 pm

I'm affraid that pricing and age limits are the choosing of the promotion (just look at the euro pricing; no mention of it being an "adult " price http://www.spedeworth.co.uk/incarace/tickets.php ; just seem to stop being a child once they turn 14). We can't get inside their minds and see the reasoning; maybe they just can't see a future for the sport and want as much money as they can get before its gone? Maybe the just want to put off teenagers as they see them as trouble and might put bog rolls down their toilets....who knows?
I elected to stay away from Northampton last weekend due to not like having the pee taken......admission was only part of the reason. The facility is basic (not a big issue), the atmosphere usually on par with the moon, the promotion offer nothing new or exciting and the tar scene needs an injection of fresh thought.
A week ago me and the wife and our 2 young ones got back from a great break in Holland (Lopik). Not what we normally go for but it was fun/well run and cost us all 70 to get in for 4 days. Maybe thats part of what a lot of us have got stuck in here in the UK....familiarity breeds contempt. I remember going with my dad back in the 70's and it was an adventure.....even regaping the points for the return journey on some long runs lol!
What does grate a bit with me is when some folk compare prices to attractions we would only visit once a year as a treat (and then they qoute the rip off gate price....done to make it look like you are getting a bargain when you use one of the many 2 for 1 offers always doing the rounds). Our local steam railway does a annual family pass for 30 and with that you get in anytime you want and get unlimited free train rides on the 12+ miles of track (other than a couple of big events).
Take this coming Friday/Saturday at Coventry. The wifes working and i will be looking after the 2 young ones. Friday would cost me 31 and Saturday would be 19.....guess which i will be doing?
Back to top Go down
Grafter

PostSubject: Re: Adults are now 14 are they ??   Sat Jun 06, 2015 10:26 am

Ha ha ha. Just read the reply Brian got from Mr Gerrard, on Stoxnet (i wonder if they read my post first before replying lol! ). It does come across as flippant and without sound reasoning....after all Alton towers and Drayton Manors core income is drawn from young teens and families. So in alienating this same group of people is very short sighted imo. Charging for young kids is just wrong in my eyes as they are often dragged away from their games consoles/friends to attend facilities which do little/nothing for the money they extract from the families who take them (KL excluded).
All i will add (yet again) is take a look at Santa Pods website and see how a FIA accredited venue does things. Right from the off it has clear pricing/rain off info/times/facilities available/parking well organised by the local scouts/off track entertainment/kids section on website and the list goes on. Look if you don't belive me http://www.santapod.co.uk and they even have a free day just for kids http://www.santapod.co.uk/e_junior_day.php
I understand that the Coventry promotion was working with Santa Pods opposite numbers in order to learn from each other last season......i wonder what the result was scratch
Back to top Go down
stoxjack249

Number of posts : 4908
Registration date : 2007-09-01

PostSubject: Re: Adults are now 14 are they ??   Sun Jun 07, 2015 12:19 pm

This also baffles me! My brother races the Junior Stoxkart and classed as a "Junior" when he races at incarace until hes 16 but when going to watch at an Incarace meeting, only classed as a Junior until hes 14. Wheres the logic in that?
Back to top Go down
http://www.sim-stox.co.uk
Grafter

PostSubject: Re: Adults are now 14 are they ??   Mon Jun 08, 2015 6:00 pm

Its not worth thinking about.....just go where you feel you get good service and value.....i know i do.
Back to top Go down
JonnyRotten

Number of posts : 616
Registration date : 2008-07-13

PostSubject: Re: Adults are now 14 are they ??   Tue Jun 09, 2015 8:31 am

Not easy when you live somewhere that's surrounded by Incaworth tracks!!
Back to top Go down
Grafter

PostSubject: Re: Adults are now 14 are they ??   Wed Jun 10, 2015 12:16 am

My principles sometimes cost me a little more cash but I'd rather that than have the pee taken out of me by some short sighted promotions who fail to give a well reasoned response for their policies.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Adults are now 14 are they ??   

Back to top Go down

Adults are now 14 are they ??
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
ALLSTOX FANS FORUM :: STRICTLY STOX-
Jump to: