Share | 

weather?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Grafter

Number of posts : 2114
Registration date : 2007-12-07

PostSubject: weather?   Tue Jun 09, 2015 7:41 am

Has this been the driest start to a F1 season ever? I can't think of one meeting this year where it has been a washout. Its only a couple of seasons back when captain chaos was doing his farewell stint; back then just about every meeting he went to was a romp in a swamp!
Is there a weather stato out there to prove me right or wrong?
Back to top Go down
andy11

Number of posts : 131
Registration date : 2007-06-22

PostSubject: Re: weather?   Fri Jun 12, 2015 10:44 am

Thanks grafter if it hisses down at ippy and brafield I will be on here Monday with some choice words for you ! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Grafter

PostSubject: Re: weather?   Fri Jun 12, 2015 5:54 pm

Don't panic; one of the better races i saw was on wet tarmac. Sean Tilley i recall showed epic car control and speed, at a wet Brafield, in a budget car and running on shale set-up. Even Bernie Eccleston once said he would like to water the track for those other F1's....to make it more interesting lol!
Back to top Go down
Grafter

PostSubject: Re: weather?   Fri Jul 24, 2015 8:02 am

Well a seasons long run of dry track conditions (baring an odd shower you could count on one hand) looks set to be undone.....in the middle of summer and at one of the more important meetings. http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/2643123
So what track prep would make sure that the racing doesn't turn into a single line prosession, with the odd victim being sent fencewards in the greasy slop or just losing loads of time?
Fingers crossed for an epic meeting at the Vue.
Back to top Go down
sausage

Number of posts : 2526
Registration date : 2010-01-19

PostSubject: Re: weather?   Sun Jul 26, 2015 10:37 am

Well its 10am a bit blustery and not rained. Its rained one day this week only, which has been the story of this summer around here. How we aint got a drought in place yet? I do not know, ground is bone hard. Anyhow. BBC weather reckons heavy rain from 11am right through! This would be the first time this has happend (an all dayer) in 2015. Weve been forecast rain plenty of times this year and bizzarly seen none.
I walk the streets for a living and can only recall being drenched once this year?. So much for manchester rain huh!?.
They cant get it that wrong today surely, so it does look ominosly like this is 'the day' it comes down(long overdue).
I read this week on stoxnet one poster asked "didnt it rain at a shale semi recently (sheffield) and it was epic. No mate it was rubbish, and so was the whole day. I dropped a right bollock going to thay semi, if by chance i hadn't seen a bloke leave a gate open after walking back in (security) and just following him in lol (the daft git!) then i'd have been wanting my money back!, i still felt mugged off, and cost me nowt!.
Today will not be like that i can safely say that, steve rees has really upped his game and if there was an award for 'most improved promotion team' startrax would win it hands down.
Dont expect another sheffield today. (or stoke lol). It will be ok. Tempted myself??.
Back to top Go down
sausage

PostSubject: Re: weather?   Sun Jul 26, 2015 10:44 am

Brilliant !!!. lol! ...
A poster on stoxnet in the last 5mins has just posted "its ok here in '__*_______' dry but high clouds.

Wait for it .......... In *Buxton.
What the hell has the forecast in buxton got to do with Manchester lol, it's in Derbyshire for 1, and it's like nowhere else on earth for 2. lol!
Back to top Go down
sausage

PostSubject: Re: weather?   Sun Jul 26, 2015 1:01 pm

1pm... No wind, not cold, but persisting down. Not heavy, not gonna leather it down either i'd guess. Here now for the day, golf type brolley essential.
Back to top Go down
bwplive.com

Number of posts : 580
Registration date : 2007-06-30

PostSubject: Re: weather?   Sun Jul 26, 2015 5:00 pm

sausage wrote:
1pm... No wind, not cold

I was the same, couple of 'gusts' around half 1 thou which I put down to last nights tea
Back to top Go down
sausage

PostSubject: Re: weather?   Sun Jul 26, 2015 6:08 pm

bwplive.com wrote:
sausage wrote:
1pm... No wind, not cold

I was the same, couple of 'gusts' around half 1 thou which I put down to last nights tea

This is not the place for immature humour Baz, so please refrain from posting stuff like this.

Anyway, re-the weather, i dare say should have gone, just spitting now, good as stopped, never really got going the rain- again!. This year more than any other the forecasters have got it wrong over and over again (daily) for Greater Manchester. Infact i'd go as far as to say more wrong than right. You really do have to simply 'suck-it-and-see' as the BBC weather is a joke. scratch
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: weather?   

Back to top Go down

weather?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1