Share | 

Has this ever happened in the UK?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Grafter

Number of posts : 2114
Registration date : 2007-12-07

PostSubject: Has this ever happened in the UK?    Wed Jul 08, 2015 9:54 pm

http://translate.google.co.uk/translate?hl=en&sl=nl&u=http://forum.pewispeedway.eu/&prev=search
(Sorry link not working properly. Just click on general and go down a couple of topics to Kollum)
Back to top Go down
carlton

Number of posts : 1575
Registration date : 2007-09-14

PostSubject: Re: Has this ever happened in the UK?    Thu Jul 09, 2015 8:31 pm

Not that I am aware of Grafter, but it is a further sign of Health and Safety getting involved in every day life, not just here but in Europe as well.

I am by trade a bricklayer, been a long time since i have been on the tools as they say, but hey ho.

As a bricklayer you new you could not lay bricks in the rain because the mortar wouldnt set, and ran and everything fell down or got very messy and un tidy.

You couldn't lay bricks when it was below three degrees because the cold weather and air froze the water in the mortar, nothing set and everything would blow and it would end up messy and un tidy and wouldnt be a good job.

The only time you could really build houses really fast and well was the summer when everything was dry and hot, nothing would collapse or be messy.

Now because you have to wear all the health and safety gear, hard hats, long sleeve shirts, full length trousers, steel toe capped boots health and safety officers in some parts of the country have stopped brick layers from working when it gets above 30 degrees as they might faint from heat exhaustion due to having to wear excessive amounts of ppe ( personnel protection equipment).

Government want us to build 200,000 new homes a year, anyone got any suggestions when we can build houses in this country, let me know and Ill pass it on to my local councillor, assuming its not too hot, too cold, to wet, too windy or too icy to tread outside my front door on my walking sticks whilst I wait for my hip replacement.

What the hell is this country coming too, mind you on Stoxnet their all winging because Andy Smith is going to race a Hot Rod, unbelievable.
Back to top Go down
Grafter

PostSubject: Re: Has this ever happened in the UK?    Fri Jul 10, 2015 7:37 am

Yes Cartlon h&s are playing a more active role in many aspects of our lives but in this instance its just our speculation. Maybe the drivers just don't want to get their engines too hot. Or it could be a concern for spectators due to most racing starting midday and there being no cover to get shade in the "field" (not much different to BraFIELD). It would be interesting to know the real reason though.
Btw i hope your hip op goes well......which procedure are you going for http://www.saga.co.uk/health/body/hipreplacementoptions.aspx ?
Back to top Go down
sausage

Number of posts : 2526
Registration date : 2010-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Has this ever happened in the UK?    Fri Jul 10, 2015 11:08 am

"Hip-op" was that due to that dance craze in the 80's ??.
Could you do a 'windmill' Carlton (google it)?.
Back to top Go down
sausage

PostSubject: Re: Has this ever happened in the UK?    Fri Jul 10, 2015 11:24 am

Grafter.. I can't open the link provided, but notice it says 'pewi' in the title, is it Dutch? And Carlton mentions the weather along with breakdancing/body popping (now there's a link!)
Do you recall, maybe 2 yrs back Tom Harris won the Gold cup over there and it was well into the 100's affraid . i seem to recall A1nos was present also?. So if the link is about extreme weather and health and safety?? Perhaps A1nos can let us know if it was indeed way too hot for sitting/standing still for hours on end? Let alone sat in a paneld up bedframe with wheels and a raging lump of metal whilst wearing overalls and a helmet?.
If it's nothing to do with the above? Then simply ignore me, as normal.
Back to top Go down
Grafter

PostSubject: Re: Has this ever happened in the UK?    Fri Jul 10, 2015 8:13 pm

Ignore you sausage? I don't think i have ever done that. Anyhow, it was indeed a meeting at Kollum on July 4th which got cancelled by the board due to forecast high temperatures (3 days prior to the event ).
Back to top Go down
sausage

PostSubject: Re: Has this ever happened in the UK?    Fri Jul 10, 2015 8:49 pm

Way-hay!!. I'd have done all right on that 3-2-1 with dusty bin & Ted Rogers cheers.. Wonder how hot it was?, i doubt it could have been any hotter than gold cup day when tom harris won, i'm sure that day broke all sorts of records..sunny ..
Which makes me wonder,, is it a different set of rules when the meeting is a domestic one, and not having to tell hords of British and the drivers "it's off"..oh and the revenue the gold cup meeting brings in. affraid .
Imagine having to cancel our world final for any reason lol! .
Back to top Go down
sausage

PostSubject: Re: Has this ever happened in the UK?    Fri Jul 10, 2015 9:14 pm

Hang on a sec, has our own world final ever been postponed for any reason. And if not? Have any of the older viewers (tim1203orJ4lmp?) ever attended a world final in apocalyptic conditions...

Last edited by sausage on Fri Jul 10, 2015 11:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Grafter

PostSubject: Re: Has this ever happened in the UK?    Fri Jul 10, 2015 9:25 pm

F2 world final at kings lynn was a bit damp https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=89x0pGzk6Zk
And according to accuweather it reached 32 degrees Celsius (90 Fahrenheit) on the 4th at Kollum.
Back to top Go down
piet 98

Number of posts : 1627
Registration date : 2007-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Has this ever happened in the UK?    Sat Jul 11, 2015 9:20 am

it happens more in holland with weather prediction like heavy rain ,the problem with the field tracks,but most of all to get all the big transporters in the pits,about the heat it,s not normal.

blauwhuis the day after has to cancel the finals with heavy rain at the the day, one of the problems in holland when the heat comes to quick, in a couple of days the atmosphere was very onstable (in two days from 18 degrees to 30 degrees)
Back to top Go down
sausage

PostSubject: Re: Has this ever happened in the UK?    Sat Jul 11, 2015 9:36 am

Piet. that's a shift of 12deg (18-30) (i hope!) (or a darn good holiday) anyhow a 12deg shift in tempreture from one day to another is perfectly normal and accepted here in the UK, or it is as far as i'm aware.   And as for Buxton affraid , they have there own climate there, it really is pure guess work what it's going to be like up there one day to the next. scratch ..  You can get heatstroke and/or hypothermia in the same 48hrs. and unless you have been? it's impossible to describe to a Netherlands resident espscialy lol, how they manage to get the transporters up there.  We hardly ever get 30deg, but by eck we can get some other biblical conditions.. scratch

Back to top Go down
carlton

Number of posts : 1575
Registration date : 2007-09-14

PostSubject: Re: Has this ever happened in the UK?    Sat Jul 11, 2015 10:29 am

Kings Lynn F2 World Final was cancelled in the early 2000's due to the petrol strike and put back about three weeks.
Back to top Go down
Grafter

PostSubject: Re: Has this ever happened in the UK?    Sat Jul 11, 2015 10:32 am

Thank you Piet. Always good to hear some local knowledge.
Rain offs are more common and understandable (waking on it alone is a bt like having a block of lard under each foot). High temperature was a new one on me though and wondered what the reasoning was.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Has this ever happened in the UK?    

Back to top Go down

Has this ever happened in the UK?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
ALLSTOX FANS FORUM :: STRICTLY STOX-
Jump to: