Share | 

Is it time for Rob Speak to finish F2 ?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
carlton

Number of posts : 1575
Registration date : 2007-09-14

PostSubject: Is it time for Rob Speak to finish F2 ?   Sun Aug 23, 2015 6:25 pm

Is it time for Rob Speak to hang up his F2 helmet?

An all time F2 great, perhaps the greatest, but he appears to have one aim in life when he gets behind the wheel of an F2 nowadays, destroy Gordon Moodie.

You are better than that Rob, if you want to race, race to win, race to beat everyone, not just wreck one.

Back to top Go down
sausage

Number of posts : 2526
Registration date : 2010-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Is it time for Rob Speak to finish F2 ?   Sun Aug 23, 2015 6:39 pm

Carlton. Would it be accurate to think, that Moodie has got Speaks number here, has had for a while & will have for the forseeable future?. cherry
Back to top Go down
carlton

Number of posts : 1575
Registration date : 2007-09-14

PostSubject: Re: Is it time for Rob Speak to finish F2 ?   Sun Aug 23, 2015 7:12 pm

I think Moodie has been much better than Speak ever since the golden ones return.

So has Rob, that's why he keeps trying to batter him, but for me the Taunton World Final disposal of Speakie by Moodie was a land mark in their battles.

Gordon knew he had the talent and machinery, but finally found he had the balls to do to Speakie what had been dished out to him in the past.

It appears to me that Rob hasn,t got over that, but Gordon has.

He (Moodie) knows whats coming everytime they are on the same track, hence I think its time Rob moved on, with his F2 reputation intact.

He (Speak) has finally met his F2 match.

Back to top Go down
sausage

PostSubject: Re: Is it time for Rob Speak to finish F2 ?   Sun Aug 23, 2015 7:17 pm

Everyone in agreement? Or is it only a matter of time (Depeche mode lol) before Speak regains the upper hand?.
Back to top Go down
ostlefan

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2014-03-01

PostSubject: Re:Is it time for Rob Speak to finish withf2?   Sun Aug 23, 2015 7:32 pm

Possibly, yes, but I think if they both had equal machinery, then things would be slightly different.
Back to top Go down
sausage

PostSubject: Re: Is it time for Rob Speak to finish F2 ?   Sun Aug 23, 2015 7:42 pm

ostlefan wrote:
Possibly, yes, but I think if they both had equal machinery, then things would be slightly different.

affraid ........ Cue Carlton. Suspect
Back to top Go down
Grafter

Number of posts : 2114
Registration date : 2007-12-07

PostSubject: Re: Is it time for Rob Speak to finish F2 ?   Sun Aug 23, 2015 8:13 pm

Back to the original question.....yes i belive F2 will be finished even without Rob (the promotors control of car specs are already doing a pretty good job Shocked ).
Back to top Go down
sausage

PostSubject: Re: Is it time for Rob Speak to finish F2 ?   Sun Aug 23, 2015 8:16 pm

Grafter. Are you on the right topic?. As that answer has got sod all to do with the original question scratch

Stop trying to twist things. lol!
Back to top Go down
steven

Number of posts : 1258
Registration date : 2007-07-06

PostSubject: Re: Is it time for Rob Speak to finish F2 ?   Mon Aug 24, 2015 12:39 pm

Behave Carlton - they are both 'Stock Car drivers!' Both would do the same thing in reverse!

In terms of 'rules' - BriSCA F2 are trying to act responsibly in policing rules in a very difficult and competitive environment where a number want to 'push' or bend them!

Adrian Blackwell does an exemplary job and each year there is more clarity and definition in the rule book and the number of changes has been drastically reduced and when they do occur it is usually for reasons of trying to control costs for drivers in the sport and keeping a reasonably affordable level playing field - nothing more than that - and it is hard as F2 is and has become very competitive and progressive - the job is to keep an affordable leash on it.
Back to top Go down
Grafter

PostSubject: Re: Is it time for Rob Speak to finish F2 ?   Mon Aug 24, 2015 1:22 pm

THE DEVIL IS IN THE DETAIL! All too often the rules are poorly worded and leave too many loopholes. Eg. Instead of saying you CAN'T do this or use that; it should say you CAN ONLY do this or use than. Then there would be clarity and no "not in the spirit of the written rule" arguments.
Back to top Go down
steven

PostSubject: Re: Is it time for Rob Speak to finish F2 ?   Mon Aug 24, 2015 1:29 pm

Rule Books are an evolution - There is a need to follow the encyclopaedias they have in the USA to cover against litigation.

Trust me, BriSCA F2 has/is putting the effort into improving the devil in the detail you suggest - and I agree with you. It is an enormous job that has been started - F1 is similar but easier as less you can do but it is very much work in progress and improving - a lot of that being down to Adrian's dedication
Back to top Go down
Grafter

PostSubject: Re: Is it time for Rob Speak to finish F2 ?   Mon Aug 24, 2015 2:21 pm

Excellent news (just don't mention words like litigation on Stoxnet....they will have a field day about Americanisation of the English language Shocked ).
Seriously though; if Adrian would like a proof reader to help eradicate those devils then just forward a copy on to me.
Back to top Go down
steven

PostSubject: Re: Is it time for Rob Speak to finish F2 ?   Mon Aug 24, 2015 2:44 pm

Will pass your kind offer onto Adrian - as to the 'Dark Side' - I have been a long lost soul and will live a lot longer, just reading some dross gives me palpitations, I can save the 'excitement' of responding to it!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is it time for Rob Speak to finish F2 ?   

Back to top Go down

Is it time for Rob Speak to finish F2 ?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1