HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

F1 championship of the world countdown

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Grafter

Number of posts : 2114
Registration date : 2007-12-07

PostSubject: F1 championship of the world countdown    Wed Aug 26, 2015 12:42 am

Well with little over 3 weeks until the premier contact formulas biggest day of the year what do we all know; now that the grid is known?
On the Buxton website http://www.buxtonraceway.com/f1world.htm#buytickets we know ticket pricing for entrance and parking and they have a sponsor for the world final itself. Also the support formulas....but little more.
So after the promotions planning for this event (they have known they would be hosting it for a few years now). Does the average fan/driver/sponsor feel that this event is being done the justice it deserves and the paying public kept informed?
Back to top Go down
Grafter

PostSubject: Re: F1 championship of the world countdown    Sat Sep 12, 2015 10:03 am

ONE week to go! So what more does anyone know about the big one?.....driver autographs 2pm and overseas time trials at 4pm (a quick lap is so dated/dull imo....unless they have to do one lap just after the water bowser has been out to simulate mid race conditions).
So is there going to be ANY other entertainment? Will there be ANYTHING provided for the 5 to 10 year olds parents 10 (I guess the usual funfair will not be there?)......if there is it would be good to promote it.
It looks like sponsors are still needed for most races also......why at such a prestigious event in our calendar?
Back to top Go down
sausage

Number of posts : 2526
Registration date : 2010-01-19

PostSubject: Re: F1 championship of the world countdown    Sun Sep 13, 2015 7:58 pm

Is it still on?.
Given that i aint exactly been looking for info (as i aint going) but one would be forgiven for presuming it was in October this year and not next weekend. Sweepstakes & the inevitable multiple reply to a "what's the best way to Kings Lynn?" post, are pretty much all i have noticed that the darn thing's still on.
Where's Garfield and his pilgramige tale? Has A1nos dissapeared from the planet? Or Grafters 7day advance warning that it's gonna be pi**ing down.

The time is right for a K foundation 'pre-world final blues' video..
Back to top Go down
big mac

Number of posts : 220
Registration date : 2009-07-21

PostSubject: Re: F1 championship of the world countdown    Sun Sep 13, 2015 8:20 pm

114 to get my family of four into a stockcar meeting is a effing joke!

That's all I have to say...
Back to top Go down
sausage

PostSubject: Re: F1 championship of the world countdown    Sun Sep 13, 2015 9:47 pm

Depends if your a Northen Or Southerner ?.
Me thank goodness is from the Northern 3/4 of the country, and therefore agree that is extorsion.
I was of the opinion that i got my bum slapped big time at last K.L world final, and unlike you B.M dont fancy getting a big rubber
'___silent__' rammed up it this time.
Back to top Go down
big mac

Number of posts : 220
Registration date : 2009-07-21

PostSubject: Re: F1 championship of the world countdown    Sun Sep 13, 2015 10:04 pm

I'm not going and I've been to almost every world final since the mid 70's.

As I said earlier a Joke end of...

Back to top Go down
garfield

Number of posts : 1832
Registration date : 2007-09-05

PostSubject: Re: F1 championship of the world countdown    Sun Sep 13, 2015 10:56 pm

sausage wrote:
Is it still on?.
Given that i aint exactly been looking for info (as i aint going) but one would be forgiven for presuming it was in October this year and not next weekend. Sweepstakes & the inevitable multiple reply to a "what's the best way to Kings Lynn?" post, are pretty much all i have noticed that the darn thing's still on.
Where's Garfield and his pilgramige tale? Has A1nos dissapeared from the planet? Or Grafters 7day advance warning that it's gonna be pi**ing down.

The time is right for a K foundation 'pre-world final blues' video..
I can PM you the tale afterwards if you want?? lol!
Back to top Go down
sausage

PostSubject: Re: F1 championship of the world countdown    Sun Sep 13, 2015 11:49 pm

big mac wrote:

Bet you end up going lol.. And take plenty of lubricant with ya.
Garfield, i think i'm washing my hair that night lol.

Back to top Go down
Grafter

PostSubject: Re: F1 championship of the world countdown    Mon Sep 14, 2015 7:29 am

Don't worry about the price.....Beaks will be along to buy you all one if you're a bit low on funds cheers
As for the weather its a bit early but looking good; so much so it could self prep the track......showers mon/tues then heavy rain wed which will soak in and then be toppped off with light showers on thurs. A perfect surface for friday night without drawing too much water out of the track. Saturday night dry again and mega fast with the possibility of a deadly fence trip for someone.
Back to top Go down
A1 NOS

Number of posts : 2182
Registration date : 2007-09-23

PostSubject: Re: F1 championship of the world countdown    Mon Sep 14, 2015 9:43 am

I'm still on this planet I think Sausage.

I have a glass over half full attitude to Kings Lynn to be fair.
Always making improvements. Racings always great. What's not to like.

Slightly concerned that I'll be rocking up late so will be in the field of dreams.
That presents a difficult problem.
Which car do I take. 😳
If it rains I might need four wheel drive. 👌🏻
Nearly got stuck coming out of Venray in the mud.

Decisions decisions.

How much is it to get in?

Well I'm going on my own this year so shouldn't be too bad.
Back to top Go down
http://www.driveandprotect.com
Grafter

PostSubject: Re: F1 championship of the world countdown    Wed Sep 16, 2015 6:00 pm

Well the forecast is going pretty much to plan but has anyone heard any more about the events planned for Saturday?
Ps. One quick question......has the world final race itself always been programmed as being a heat? If so why are the points scored unlike any other heat?
Back to top Go down
beaks

Number of posts : 414
Registration date : 2008-09-28

PostSubject: Re: F1 championship of the world countdown    Thu Sep 17, 2015 11:14 am

Grafter wrote:
Don't worry about the price.....Beaks will be along to buy you all one if you're a bit low on funds cheers

nah it's a different deal this year ace.

i'll actually pay for the moaning masses to stay at home.

all you need to do is provide proof of age, a current IQ certificate and a DNA sample.

application forms can't be found on stoxnet, beaksnet or allstox.

you can only get them from the bottom of nigel harrhy's lake.

scuba gear can be supplied, but may contain nerve gas.

we know where the money goes.

beaks
Back to top Go down
http://www.thekfoundation.com
Grafter

PostSubject: Re: F1 championship of the world countdown    Thu Sep 17, 2015 8:45 pm

Excellent news Mr Beaks.....I just hope you don't have to remortgage your house lol!
As for the nerve gas....have you and JH been in talks with Mr Wheatcroft already scratch
Back to top Go down
sausage

PostSubject: Re: F1 championship of the world countdown    Sun Sep 20, 2015 4:00 pm

big mac wrote:

How funny would it be if Big Mac had, had a last minute change of mind lol! ..

# sorry mate Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: F1 championship of the world countdown    

Back to top Go down

F1 championship of the world countdown
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1