F2s on the edge of no return

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Adam563f2

Number of posts : 599
Registration date : 2007-06-22

PostSubject: Re: F2s on the edge of no return   Sun Sep 13, 2015 8:56 pm

From our POV, Yokis are much better; you buy them, chuck them on the car and away you go - you stand a much better chance of being competitive than with the Avons (even after spending every night of the week out giving them another coat of softener.) It's just a shame they don't last too long, even when moved around the car.

I believe the Outlaws have only got this year to use the Yokis from what I've been told and it'll be interesting to see what tyre becomes the replacement. Going by what people were using last night, it would seem the DMac is the way to go. (I think they were part of the F2 Birmingham test a couple of years ago?)
Back to top Go down
big mac

Number of posts : 220
Registration date : 2009-07-21

PostSubject: Re: F2s on the edge of no return   Sun Sep 13, 2015 9:20 pm

Don't get the ump with me for asking this Carlton because I'm asking as a genuine question.

Are the F2's arguing over post race scrutineering again?
Back to top Go down
carlton

Number of posts : 1575
Registration date : 2007-09-14

PostSubject: Re: F2s on the edge of no return   Sun Sep 13, 2015 11:47 pm

Was going to say no fella, but before I posted after watching tv for two hours, checked my texts and robbie Dawson disqualified for having a dodgy rear brake !!

No excuse to be fair should (SHOULD) have been picked up in pre race scrutineering.

Also been notified that a post is on Facebook stating that Kelvyn Marshalls car has failed scrutineering, this is a complete and utter lie, and if anyone knows who started it, please let the relevant authorities know, or me if you wish by pm and Ill pass the info on, it seems we need to take these *****ers out !
Back to top Go down
Grafter

Number of posts : 2114
Registration date : 2007-12-07

PostSubject: Re: F2s on the edge of no return   Mon Sep 14, 2015 7:41 am

– and as much as I personally respect Drag Racing, without mild interest, admission prices whether a fiver or £20 or the biggest advertising campaign in the world wouldn’t tempt me to cross the road to see 2 cars race over a ¼ mile – BUT lot’s of people enjoy that.
Drag racing is not my penchant either but I do admire the engines and time and effort that goes into them. As a one off a top fuel event is a must for everyone to experience believe me. As a family friendly show they have done their homework and got a great balance for all spectators. The parking is even free and organised with military precision (well the local senior scouts or alike). So it would be well worth you consideration from a business angle Steve imo.
Back to top Go down
steven

Number of posts : 1258
Registration date : 2007-07-06

PostSubject: Re: F2s on the edge of no return   Mon Sep 14, 2015 9:29 am

A good stock car or banger race is equally something 'everyone should see' and is a great family experience, and boy, do we try with big ad spends, Groupon tuesdays etc, believe me it is not for the lack of trying!
Back to top Go down
carlton

Number of posts : 1575
Registration date : 2007-09-14

PostSubject: Re: F2s on the edge of no return   Mon Sep 14, 2015 8:01 pm

Top three in F2 WF all confirmed legal, well done Kelvyn, Graham and George.
Back to top Go down
Grafter

Number of posts : 2114
Registration date : 2007-12-07

PostSubject: Re: F2s on the edge of no return   Tue Sep 15, 2015 9:06 pm

steven wrote:
A good stock car or banger race is equally something 'everyone should see' and is a great family experience, and boy, do we try with big ad spends, Groupon tuesdays etc, believe me it is not for the lack of trying!
Very true Steve and don't think for one moment I would be overly critical of your promotional efforts. As for for a great family experience however I do have a few reservations (have you ever been to Santa Pod and looked at what they offer away from the strip?....its not mega stuff but it does make you feel they are going the extra mile to get the younger generation to remember the place, for the right reasons, when they grow up).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: F2s on the edge of no return   

Back to top Go down

F2s on the edge of no return
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4