Share | 

The F1 non title championship

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Grafter

Number of posts : 2114
Registration date : 2007-12-07

PostSubject: The F1 non title championship   Fri Sep 04, 2015 9:58 pm

Yep I've just been reading on the other side regarding the National points champioship. Then i remembered what i had written previously on a F2 topic......
Subject: Re: F2 National Points chase Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:34 pm
Maybe I'm just being too logical in my vision of a silver roof being based upon a drivers outstanding season long average points haul. But at the same time not having to try and do a crazy number of meetings to be in with a good shout.....some drivers can't commit to THAT much time/expense. Add into this the ability to drop their lowest grading average (for reasons already stated); this should interest more drivers to give it a real go.
So if you fancy a challenge, Carlton, then tell me who would have been the top 3 average highest point scorers from last season based on the following criteria....
1; take a drivers average points from each grading period (a driver must have competed in at least 5 meetings in all but one grading period to be eligible).
2; it doesn't matter if a driver does more than the minimum 5 meetings in a grading period....ALL points from All meetings, in the grading period, will be averaged out.
This will give us a true reflection of commitment and talent.
So would this be a logical route to go down? You could still have the end of season "shootout series" (Daily Mirror GP rip off) as well.
Back to top Go down
carlton

Number of posts : 1575
Registration date : 2007-09-14

PostSubject: Re: The F1 non title championship   Sat Sep 05, 2015 6:54 pm

Im sure I answered this way back when it was first posted fella ?
Back to top Go down
Grafter

PostSubject: Re: The F1 non title championship   Sun Sep 06, 2015 9:39 am

You did indeed Carlton and you said it was proposed and voted on by the F2 drivers some years ago (but they have no say in what happens these days). But THIS topic relates to F1's .......so what are the general feelings to this idea?
Back to top Go down
cliverichard

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2015-01-25

PostSubject: Re: The F1 non title championship   Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:56 am

Again,all reading to what our saviour of this sport is saying on the other side well as he says (in his opinion ) well do us all a favour and keep your opinion's to yourself.
Back to top Go down
Grafter

PostSubject: Re: The F1 non title championship   Fri Sep 11, 2015 8:51 pm

Carlton I must say I like the Spartacus idea you had on the other side. I was also thinking of alternate quote a driver may use; the best I could come up with is "National.....what's the point champion"? or " National pointless champion".
Back to top Go down
carlton

Number of posts : 1575
Registration date : 2007-09-14

PostSubject: Re: The F1 non title championship   Fri Sep 11, 2015 9:01 pm

Come on Grafter, are you another " Spartacus"" !!
Back to top Go down
Grafter

PostSubject: Re: The F1 non title championship   Fri Sep 11, 2015 9:50 pm

I'm Spartacus! It has the appeal without the "in your face" up yours to the establishment. I think its up there with "the maestro". Like i have said before....most drivers are not in it for the money (if they were then they would never set a wheel on track) but more for the esteem and adrenaline rush.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The F1 non title championship   

Back to top Go down

The F1 non title championship
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1