Share | 

Thoughts on the F2 World Final

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mike_G

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2007-08-07

PostSubject: Thoughts on the F2 World Final   Sun Sep 13, 2015 12:40 pm

Congratulations to Kelvin Marshall for a dominant drive.

Congratulations to George McMillan - fantastic ambassador with the gold roof (and a great drive in he final).

If Moodie had not kissed the wall Smile would he have caught Marshall, given Marshall had fastest lap time and actually won so easily.

Was Rob Speak in Wim Peeters car.

Given we arrived relatively late (2.30) it was good to know we would still get a brilliant unobstructed view of the racetrack (we even changed ends before the F2 WF due to the setting sun and still had a great view).

Given we arrived relatively late (2.30) was not impressed with the parking situation, having to park a 30 min walk away, up hill, and against the wind. At least we weren't old, infirm, carrying chairs, coolboxes, toddlers, pushchairs etc. Surely if you are hosting a world final there needs to be better parking organisation than go into own and find somewhere. (There were a lot of disgruntled people).

Hednesford is way to big/fast for descant stock car racing.

Disappointed that Marshall and Fegan could not race in the final - is that standard practice - can't remember it with the saloons, F1s or at Cowdie last year - but maybe I am wrong.

The Saloon WF was way better than the F2 WF as you got the impression anything could happen, numerous incidents and lead changes.

Back to top Go down
Two Putt Shakur

Number of posts : 1969
Localisation : I'M SORRY NICK FALDO COULDN'T BE WITH US THIS WEEK. HE'S ATTENDING THE BIRTH OF HIS NEXT WIFE
Registration date : 2007-06-20

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on the F2 World Final   Sun Sep 13, 2015 1:22 pm

Who won the 1300 stock car WF Mike?
Back to top Go down
WARDLEN

Number of posts : 62
Registration date : 2009-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on the F2 World Final   Sun Sep 13, 2015 1:28 pm

Will morphey 129 drove a great race for a 16 year old and fully deserved
Back to top Go down
carlton

Number of posts : 1575
Registration date : 2007-09-14

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on the F2 World Final   Sun Sep 13, 2015 3:19 pm

Mike, my only post on this as I dont want it to become a slanging match.

I am currently disabled, waiting for a double hip operation, Hednesford is my home track and I have been going there for 43 of my 49 years but didnt go yesterday, or today for that matter as it is not disabled friendly and I knew I would not be able to get around the track, up and down steps or the banking to the facilities, end of, cant go didnt go.

Dont get me wrong had lots of people offering to give me lifts but why impose on their evening.

You stated that you arrived at 2.30, the gates opened at 10 am I believe, with access to the stadium from 4 pm on Friday afternoon, so no wonder you had a trek to the track, by then the meeting had started and the car park marshalls would no doubt be working within the stadium. The Heath land around the track is also a protected heath land of outstanding natural beauty so parking is obviously restricted, nothing to do with the raceway, but the local and national authorities.

Top three in world final normally have to retire from the meeting for car scrutineering, it has been the way for many, many years, quite why George raced dont know, perhaps his car had already been checked and passed as okay.

Obviously know a lot of people that were there and they have all said they enjoyed the afternoon/evening.

Each to their own I suppose.
Back to top Go down
F2-Fan

Number of posts : 1541
Registration date : 2007-06-22

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on the F2 World Final   Sun Sep 13, 2015 7:22 pm

I asked the question about the top three retiring and got told he rules have changed. Winner has to retire as they get 50 maximum points second and third can race if they wish hence George took his place in the final.
Back to top Go down
http://www.362racing.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on the F2 World Final   

Back to top Go down

Thoughts on the F2 World Final
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1