Share | 

SHEFFIELD EARLY ENTRY LIST

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
steven

Number of posts : 1255
Registration date : 2007-07-06

PostSubject: SHEFFIELD EARLY ENTRY LIST   Thu Oct 29, 2015 12:46 pm

EARLY F1 ENTRY LIST FOR SHEFFIELD + 30 National Ministox & BriSCA F2 - NO Caravans!

1 2 Paul Harrison
2 4 Dan Johnson
3 16 Matt Newson
4 34 Mal Brown
5 53 John Lund
6 91 Tony Smith
7 127 Austin Moore
8 134 John Brown
9 150 Mick Sworder
10 152 Neil Scothern
11 169 Billy Johnson
12 175 Karl Hawkins
13 191 Joshua Smith
14 202 Henry Hunter
15 209 Norman Mlodecki
16 212 Danny Wainman
17 216 Jack France
18 217 Lee Fairhurst
19 231 Daniel van Spijker
20 237 Ollie Ives
21 249 Jonathon Gibson
22 259 Paul Hines
23 313 Karl Roberts
24 318 Rob Speak
25 335 Mark Woodhull
26 337 Dave Willis
27 338 Chris Brocksopp
28 415 Russell Cooper
29 421 Jack Aldridge
30 422 Ben Riley
31 444 Paul-Jay Lemons
32 463 James Morris
33 515 Frankie Wainman
34 555 Frankie Wainman Jnr Jnr
Back to top Go down
steven

PostSubject: Re: SHEFFIELD EARLY ENTRY LIST   Fri Oct 30, 2015 9:57 am

Add 207 Ben Hurdman
Back to top Go down
stevieg

Number of posts : 401
Registration date : 2008-05-17

PostSubject: Re: SHEFFIELD EARLY ENTRY LIST   Fri Oct 30, 2015 11:52 am

See it's down as 2/3 heats which looks good with 35 booked in what number would that need to rise to so would do 2 heats cons. Can u also put a f2 list up please Steve when get time. Thanks
Back to top Go down
Grafter

Number of posts : 2101
Registration date : 2007-12-07

PostSubject: Re: SHEFFIELD EARLY ENTRY LIST   Sun Nov 01, 2015 9:33 am

Just setting off in the fog. It looks like Josh Smith has disappeared from the bscda booking list (so 34 cars booked in). Fingers crosssed that the track was kept in good nick during the wet on Thursday/Friday and the water was not allowed to lay in pools and soften the base (especially entering turn 3).
Have to say I'm a little dissappointed with the car turnout with it being the shootout final and world qualifier.....it will be the best stadia we have at our disposal imo after the demise of Coventry next year. What is it that puts so many drivers off this venue when its in such a racing hotbed part of the country?
Anyway good luck and great racing for all competitors this afternoon.
Back to top Go down
steven

PostSubject: Re: SHEFFIELD EARLY ENTRY LIST   Mon Nov 02, 2015 12:23 pm

I think one should look at car counts generally, 34 is pretty average outside Coventry. I read some comments on the 'other side' re this - The Smith's cancelled Sat afternoon due to work [2] and of course 390 stand own - so would have been 37, one or two it is end of season etc and of course Cov next week.

Sheffield had 2 x 17 car ish heats and cons with a 26 car Final and 26 car GN. We considered 2/3rds but coming from the Old Skool we went for a format that built up to a good Final and GN - which it did, it gets no closer than 3 drivers still in the shout come the GN and the whole points situation going awol in the Final with ALL contenders legging it up!
All in all I would give it a solid '7' rr - I think expectation that it will be a DD meeting can never be realised as with the points so tight and double points and even more for the GN, you have actually to be in the points by the final /GN to be in contention, heroics in the heats as laudable as may be, in this situation leads to getting places - The Final and GN were both excellent.
Credit to all staff - we had a major almost extinction level situation which arose with the pit area last Sunday [ covered in the programme ] plus 2 days of torrential rain later in the week - Tony got the track into superb condition being in at 7.am, Martin had done a lot of extra work on the fence with the benefit that 80% of it was already in position as it could stop up after 11th October meeting.

We had put of some great incentives for the lower graders who survived through to the GN - but one or two clutches / gearboxes etc sidelined them form the DFC.

Great audience, from my perspective what I saw solid racing and talking points - An awful lot of effort goes in behind the scenes for an event like this for presentation, fireworks - line up etc,etc so it really is disappointing to see r/r of 4 - seriously ? Disingenuous to drivers also! So fickle when meetings that don't complete or for other reasons have issues yet still get 8...........It really is demotivating for the staff and ourselves and makes you wonder why we you bother sometimes as whilst in part yes it's a business, you do put an awful lot into the planning and yesterday went very smoothly.

Not withstanding, a BIG thank you to Guy,Sophie and the BSCDA for assistance and support, it had been a trying week - and to you the race fans for your support not just yesterday but all year and of course to the drivers. Congratulations to Dan Johnson, it wasn't a walk in the park as r/r of 4 may suggest, he worked damned hard for it!
Back to top Go down
andy11

Number of posts : 131
Registration date : 2007-06-22

PostSubject: Re: SHEFFIELD EARLY ENTRY LIST   Tue Nov 03, 2015 10:01 am

Maybe a rr of 4 was a tad harsh but I watched on turn 3 and there was very little action apart from Frankies last bender on ollie and 422 being ousted in the final. The shootout meetings prior to the final round were some of the best racing all year. This just didn't have that watsit or bust feel to it.  Perhaps double points were too valuable to chance, or the track not condusive to side by side wheel to wheel racing or as I was shouting for the Wainmans did  I let their losing out influence me?
-
Quote: An awful lot of effort goes in behind the scenes for an event like this for presentation, fireworks - line up etc,etc

With Sheffield having 1.37 inches of rain on the the Wednesday there had obviously been a huge unseen effort to get the track perfect and the meeting to run very smoothly with the extra dfc fireworks etc . Whilst all this is much appreciated in the end the Race Rating is all about exactly that, the buzz /adrenalin that you get from what happens on track and for me it just wasn't up there.
However it did pull a good crowd and should have made for an exellent "payday"

A big thank you to all the Sponsors for giving the drivers some reward for their great efforts throughout the shootout . Rest assured RBM when I change my motorhome I will come up to Halifax .
Back to top Go down
steven

PostSubject: Re: SHEFFIELD EARLY ENTRY LIST   Tue Nov 03, 2015 10:10 am

Biggest common comment from the drivers was just how fast the track was - I think the genre of the NPC is the brute force is in getting to the Finale and being in contention - and then keeping in contention come the Final and GN - Going bust in the heats is 'great' but you have to finish to be in it!

26 in each of the last 2 races with the main protagonists all coming to grief at some point was compelling viewing [ aprt from the 2 car race off! ] Sheffield provided a fantastic surface, very little dust and very fast racing - Had it been a DD then again we would get 4/10 because it destroys the cars etc etc - cannot win either way!
Back to top Go down
Grafter

PostSubject: Re: SHEFFIELD EARLY ENTRY LIST   Wed Nov 04, 2015 12:14 am

Track too fast.....don't make laugh! Tell 'em to take those pixie boots off and get some rigger boots on and see if it makes 'em go as fast as they used to 10 years ago around there http://www.mylaps.com/en/classification/3769459 versus http://www.mylaps.com/en/classification/160924
I bet if we go back another 20 years super Stu would have been lapping in 15 seconds on a town & country tyre lol!
Joking aside I thought the track was better than I expected but the show was somewhat lacking. It needed something to stimulate all of the senses and not to rely purely on the drivers to entertain the crowd. Most of the promotions need to have a rethink over the winter and come back with some fresh ideas for next season imo. nothing expensive just something to keep the spectators of all ages engaged.
Back to top Go down
andy11

Number of posts : 131
Registration date : 2007-06-22

PostSubject: Re: SHEFFIELD EARLY ENTRY LIST   Wed Nov 04, 2015 12:37 pm

I thought Startrax got it spot on.  A superb racing surface, 2 good support formulas. a good turnround  and a quality firework display. My only gripe re the presentation was drivers holding large trophies whilst balancing on race cars for their lap of honour. Broadsword has kindly offered a pickup for next year to make it look a little more professional, I hope this is taken up for next year.
Back to top Go down
trimal

Number of posts : 152
Registration date : 2008-05-27

PostSubject: Re: SHEFFIELD EARLY ENTRY LIST   Wed Nov 04, 2015 3:06 pm

Its the kids that worry me, I know they can drive better than I can, but hanging on to a car whilst holding a trophy!
Always been that way, but in this day and age with your boots full of shale?
Back to top Go down
Grafter

PostSubject: Re: SHEFFIELD EARLY ENTRY LIST   Fri Nov 13, 2015 7:34 am

[quote="steven"]Biggest common comment from the drivers was just how fast the track was - I think the genre of the NPC is the brute force is in getting to the Finale and being in contention
Excuse my ignorance but what does NPC stand for?
Back to top Go down
Graham

Number of posts : 207
Registration date : 2007-07-01

PostSubject: Re: SHEFFIELD EARLY ENTRY LIST   Fri Nov 13, 2015 10:12 pm

Grafter wrote:
steven wrote:
Biggest common comment from the drivers was just how fast the track was - I think the genre of the NPC is the brute force is in getting to the Finale and being in contention
Excuse my ignorance but what does NPC stand for?

National Points Champion?
Back to top Go down
Grafter

PostSubject: Re: SHEFFIELD EARLY ENTRY LIST   Sun Nov 15, 2015 9:42 am

Thanks Graham it would appear you are correct as I just checked the bscda website. When the powers that be appear to want to distance themselves from the the old national points championship (and consign it to the history books); why use the the words national points in the new championship and keep the memory of the old title in the fore of fans minds?
I still see the shootout as a rip off of the old Daily Mirror GP series; which achieved the same end of season excitement but included all drivers.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SHEFFIELD EARLY ENTRY LIST   

Back to top Go down

SHEFFIELD EARLY ENTRY LIST
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1