Share | 

Outlaws up their game

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Grafter

Number of posts : 2114
Registration date : 2007-12-07

PostSubject: Outlaws up their game   Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:22 pm

It sounds like the Outlaw formula mean bigger business.......
The outlaw committee would like to thank all of our loyal outlaw drivers for sticking with us and having faith in the formula. We have for most of the closed season, been in negotiations with various promoters and we are very pleased to now be in a position to announce that we will be racing at Sheffield this season.
We apologize for not being able to announce this sooner but as we learnt from last season loose lips sink ships!
Our position and fixtures with Scunthorpe and Trent remain secure for at-least the next 5 years. Attempts by other promotions to purchase these two tracks have failed.
We have had a number of tracks in the UK approach us, however at the moment we would like to keep the outlaw formula closer to the locations we already race at.
Negotiations are already underway for the 2018 season and we aim to produce a fixture list before the end of the year. We apologize for leaving it so late to announce this good news but we wanted to have 100% confirmation, which we do now have.
We have taken 6 meetings at Trent, The track promoter has put a-lot of effort and money into improving the track for outlaws to race on. We therefore feel that it is important to encourage as many drivers as possible to race at Trent. In order to do this we will be offering bonus points for attending Trent meetings. Trent is a great track and is better than some people think it is.
Brampton Raceway where offered some outlaw meetings this season but they declined. We would like to take this opportunity to thank the Brampton staff for all their help while we raced there and you are all very welcome to come and watch us race at, Scunthorpe, Trent, Sheffield, Standlake, Manor raceway Ireland and other various outlaw tracks around the country
An amended fixture list will follow shortly and the Outlaw World Final will now be held at Sheffield. There will be more information on the new race dates shortly on the outlaw drivers only page, (so if youíre an outlaw driver and your not on it contact Kelly). We would like the drivers to discuss these dates so that everyone is happy.
We are also pleased to announce that after having discussions with track promoters we will be building a two seater outlaw car, which will be at each meeting and will provide the opportunity for outlaw fans to win a ride in it.
We are introducing a new transponder system for the new 2017 season which will be in operation at Scunthorpe, Trent and Sheffield. This is the next step for outlaws in moving our formula forward and enabling us to run different race formats and eliminate any inconsistency in results.
Scunthorpe will be boasting an excellent new bar facility this season. This will allow us to hold drivers meetings and other functions when required.
We would like to continue to pride ourselves on making outlaws a formula that is more accessible to drivers that wouldnít have normally had the opportunity to race and attracting new drivers into the sport. Older drivers can re-kindle their fire and new drivers can get the laps in for the learning curve.
We do appreciate all of the help and support that has been offered by the drivers and supporters.
We would like to conclude by saying we are not Brisca and have never attempted to be. We are Outlaw Oval Racing and will continue to run things better and differently in an effort to make things more interesting for the spectators and drivers. The future is bright for outlaws. We have lots of ideas!
With their world final confirmed as being at Sheffield it should be pretty decent.......but it sounds like they have upset one or two in BriSCA land Shocked
Back to top Go down
Graham

Number of posts : 207
Registration date : 2007-07-01

PostSubject: Re: Outlaws up their game   Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:09 pm

I'm surprised they are being allowed to race at Sheffield, I thought it was an Orci track and therefore they wouldn't be allowed to race there.
Back to top Go down
Grafter

PostSubject: Re: Outlaws up their game   Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:07 am

I hope they haven't double booked any dates which have been transfered from Coventry......awkward.
Back to top Go down
Grafter

PostSubject: Re: Outlaws up their game   Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:05 am

I also recall Steve once saying Sheffield was the most expensive stadia for him to hire.....the Outlaws must have struck a good deal and I hope Covstox have done the same.
Also interesting to note that the Outlaws say they a couple of their tracks had been approched with a view to purchase but turned down......Covstox?
Back to top Go down
miner

Number of posts : 394
Registration date : 2007-07-09

PostSubject: Re: Outlaws up their game   Thu Mar 16, 2017 7:32 pm

According to sheffield they know nothing about it
Back to top Go down
Grafter

PostSubject: Re: Outlaws up their game   Thu Mar 16, 2017 7:58 pm

It looks a right old mess for them now then.....

Startrax Stockcar Racing
13 March at 07:30 ∑
Sheffield - Facebook
Following an 'announcement' from the Outlaw stock car fraternity on Facebook which I received a copy of at 8.30.am this morning, I must admit to having been surprised at the content, my delay in response has been to deal with facts and as such I have now received a response from Mr John Gilburn, Managing Director of Owlerton Stadium. John is a man I have worked with with for over 18 years as he was General Manager of Belle Vue and without whom and the GRA and John's personal support for Stock Car Racing commercial I can be very clear that we wouldn't have Belle Vue. I cannot divulge the entire content of the John's response apart from he was as surprised at me at the Facebook 'announcement' and will follow that up himself. I can confirm NO agreement has been reached with Owlerton Stadium to run Outlaw Stock Car Racing or the Outlaw World Final. These sort of things are unsettling for race fans drivers and, of course the resident promoter - ie myself who, let me place on record is BriSCA loyal to the death bed.
Back to top Go down
Grafter

PostSubject: Re: Outlaws up their game   Thu Mar 30, 2017 10:17 pm

Well agreement or not Sheffield is on the Outlaws new fixture list http://www.outlawovalracing.co.uk/2017-fixtures
Back to top Go down
steven

Number of posts : 1258
Registration date : 2007-07-06

PostSubject: Re: Outlaws up their game   Fri Mar 31, 2017 1:43 pm

I can confirm that this is definitely NOT the case as already clarified on Startrax Facebook site several days ago.

Seperately, now switches of dates re Coventry are concerned, there is now an extra date at Sheffield on 2nd July for F2 World Qualifier.
Back to top Go down
Grafter

PostSubject: Re: Outlaws up their game   Sun Apr 09, 2017 9:11 pm

It looks like the Outlaws have been run out of town......they have conceeded that the dates planned for Sheffield will not now take place.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Outlaws up their game   

Back to top Go down

Outlaws up their game
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1