f1 DRIVERS REGISTERED UNDER NUMBER 4

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
carlton

Number of posts : 1575
Registration date : 2007-09-14

PostSubject: f1 DRIVERS REGISTERED UNDER NUMBER 4   Tue Jun 02, 2009 7:20 pm

Anyone got a F1 drivers numbers book handy ?

I am trying to find the names of any F1 drivers that have raced under the number 4, can anyone help please ?

Carlton
Back to top Go down
Giant

Number of posts : 1517
Registration date : 2007-07-07

PostSubject: Re: f1 DRIVERS REGISTERED UNDER NUMBER 4   Tue Jun 02, 2009 7:27 pm

Err, off the top of my head, Laughing

Sid Widdowson, Ken O'Neill, Doug Barber, Earl Boot, John Thorpe, Alan Wright, Paul Hammond, Daniel Harter, Simon Sargeant, and Dan Johnson.

That's what the Stock Car Numbers (2nd Edition) says anyway, (except DJ who is too recent for that book!!) Laughing
Back to top Go down
oval smash 09

Number of posts : 1232
Registration date : 2009-01-04

PostSubject: Re: f1 DRIVERS REGISTERED UNDER NUMBER 4   Tue Jun 02, 2009 7:27 pm

Try link below.

There a fare few bud.

http://www.briscaf1stoxpics.co.uk/
Back to top Go down
carlton

PostSubject: Re: f1 DRIVERS REGISTERED UNDER NUMBER 4   Tue Jun 02, 2009 7:53 pm

Thank you gents, much appreciated
Back to top Go down
Luc Sijbers

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2007-08-25

PostSubject: Re: f1 DRIVERS REGISTERED UNDER NUMBER 4   Wed Jun 03, 2009 10:32 pm

carlton wrote:
Anyone got a F1 drivers numbers book handy ?

I am trying to find the names of any F1 drivers that have raced under the number 4, can anyone help please ?

Carlton

If you also Dutch drivers mean:

H4 Rob Visscher
H4 Peet Boersen
Back to top Go down
carlton

PostSubject: Re: f1 DRIVERS REGISTERED UNDER NUMBER 4   Thu Jun 04, 2009 7:27 pm

Thank you Luc.

Carlton
Back to top Go down
pedro

Number of posts : 3027
Registration date : 2007-06-18

PostSubject: Re: f1 DRIVERS REGISTERED UNDER NUMBER 4   Fri Jun 05, 2009 4:52 pm

Didnt John Kirkpatrick or some other circuit racer drive under the number 4 at coventry as a guest or something ? Seem to remeber a photo being posted of it a few years ago.

Registration date : 2007-08-25

PostSubject: Re: f1 DRIVERS REGISTERED UNDER NUMBER 4   Sun Jul 13, 2014 9:57 pm

Just scrolling the forum.

If you are still interested Carlton

Bert Peerbooms
http://i76.servimg.com/u/f76/11/40/52/03/h4_ber10.jpg

Last edited by Luc Sijbers on Sun Jul 13, 2014 10:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Graham

Number of posts : 207
Registration date : 2007-07-01

PostSubject: Re: f1 DRIVERS REGISTERED UNDER NUMBER 4   Sun Jul 13, 2014 10:25 pm

Two to add, taken from BriSCA F1 Stox site, Harry Prigmore and Oliver Hart

http://www.briscaf1stox.co.uk/website/drivers_listingnumber.php?d=4
Back to top Go down
carlton

PostSubject: Re: f1 DRIVERS REGISTERED UNDER NUMBER 4   Sun Jul 13, 2014 10:45 pm

Blimey, where has this post re appeared from, five years ago !!

Ill be honest I cannot remember why I asked the question in the first place especially seeing as how it was about F1 racing LOL

Thank you for the responses however, there must have been a reason for asking originally. If I can remember the reason I asked the question I will let you all know !
Back to top Go down
BTS11

Registration date : 2012-07-08

PostSubject: Re: f1 DRIVERS REGISTERED UNDER NUMBER 4   Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:23 am

Maybe its because you are called Carlton and two of the No.4 drivers were from Carlton, Earl Boot and Sid Widdowson?  Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVvGXMrbdKMFsRCNCVgttRg
carlton

PostSubject: Re: f1 DRIVERS REGISTERED UNDER NUMBER 4   Mon Jul 14, 2014 8:57 pm

No sorry fella, it wouldn't have been anything as intense or obscure as that, BUT, what a fantastic fact.

So come on the rest of ya, who's got a town or village named the same as them, that has two stock car drivers under the same number living or lived in them ?

Blimey this might be a first, I might have won some sort of obscure title that no one can ever match.

After the day I've had today, its great to see simple things please my simple mind and ease the stress away.

Come on J4/Sausage et al, what you think of that claim to fame, LOL !!
Back to top Go down
pedro

Number of posts : 3027
Registration date : 2007-06-18

PostSubject: Re: f1 DRIVERS REGISTERED UNDER NUMBER 4   Tue Jul 22, 2014 7:05 pm

Similar Irony. Beefy booked the hotel we stayed in near Glenrothes for the Scottish weekend, and then couldn't make it himself. So on the road to the Hotel saw road signs for Leslie & Redford...his name.

PostSubject: Re: f1 DRIVERS REGISTERED UNDER NUMBER 4   Tue Jul 22, 2014 11:27 pm

This post is getting Spooky, who can I call !!
Back to top Go down
BTS11

Registration date : 2012-07-08

PostSubject: Re: f1 DRIVERS REGISTERED UNDER NUMBER 4   Wed Jul 23, 2014 4:30 pm

carlton wrote:

Ghostbusters  lol! 
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVvGXMrbdKMFsRCNCVgttRg
Beefy

Number of posts : 2004
Registration date : 2007-05-31

PostSubject: Re: f1 DRIVERS REGISTERED UNDER NUMBER 4   Wed Jul 23, 2014 7:24 pm

BTS11 wrote:
carlton wrote:

Ghostbusters  lol! 
GUTBOASTERS! (in my case for sure!)

Number of posts : 1686
Registration date : 2007-06-19

PostSubject: Re: f1 DRIVERS REGISTERED UNDER NUMBER 4   Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:21 am

carlton wrote:

So come on the rest of ya, who's got a town or village named the same as them, that has two stock car drivers under the same number living or lived in them ?    

My middle name is 'Silsden'.  Very Happy 

Not really.

But between Preston and Southport is a village called Hesketh Bank, which is home to Derek Twist, one of the top drivers at Warton, Barrow, and probably a few other tracks as well. His wife and children also race. But I don't think any of them have shared a racing number, so I can't quite match your claim, Carlton.
Back to top Go down
Beefy

PostSubject: Re: f1 DRIVERS REGISTERED UNDER NUMBER 4   Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:06 pm

pedro wrote:
Didnt John Kirkpatrick or some other circuit racer drive under the number 4 at coventry as a guest or something ? Seem to remeber a photo being posted of it a few years ago.

Here you go - confirmation of Pedro's thoughts

Judging by the initials on the helmet it looks as though John Kirkpatrick drove #5. I believe the late great David Leslie was due to drive the other one (seen below at a practice day) but, due to his team finding out his plans, was replaced by another driver - possibly Johnny Dumfries?

(Sorry I am unable to credit the photographers as I don't know who they are. I do have permission from Steve Sydenham though whose RfB album they were lifted from on facebook)

PostSubject: Re: f1 DRIVERS REGISTERED UNDER NUMBER 4   Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:41 pm

Ghostbusters lol! GUTBOASTERS! (in my case for sure!) LOL

Tell me about it Beefy, went to the doctors last week for a check up and he told me I need to loose a few pounds in weight. I asked how many, his answer, I kid you not was make it about FOUR (4) stones worth !

This is getting Spooky !!!
Back to top Go down
J4LMP

Number of posts : 1985
Registration date : 2008-04-10

PostSubject: Re: f1 DRIVERS REGISTERED UNDER NUMBER 4   Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:17 pm

Beefy wrote:
pedro wrote:

Here you go - confirmation of Pedro's thoughts

Judging by the initials on the helmet it looks as though John Kirkpatrick drove #5. I believe the late great David Leslie was due to drive the other one (seen below at a practice day) but, due to his team finding out his plans, was replaced by another driver - possibly Johnny Dumfries?

(Sorry I am unable to credit the photographers as I don't know who they are. I do have permission from Steve Sydenham though whose RfB album they were lifted from on facebook)

That yellow car Beefy looks like an ex Mike Close car?
Back to top Go down
carlton

PostSubject: Re: f1 DRIVERS REGISTERED UNDER NUMBER 4   Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:48 pm

The car numbered 4 is the 188 Gary Heap car, car number 5 obviously that of Dave Tapping as such would suggest that the yellow car is an ex 287 Geggs Stevenson machine.

Carlton
Back to top Go down
Beefy

PostSubject: Re: f1 DRIVERS REGISTERED UNDER NUMBER 4   Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:59 pm

Ok, more spooky goings on! When I posted the David Leslie pic I didn't know it was Geggs Stevenson's car. The last time I saw John Kirkpatrick we were having a drink in Geggs' pub! Also, we used to have a cleaner come round once a week, her late husband used to be one of Geggs' mechanics.

If this thread gets any spookier I'm going to start wearing a garlic necklace! affraid 

PostSubject: Re: f1 DRIVERS REGISTERED UNDER NUMBER 4   Fri Jul 25, 2014 6:13 pm

Flamin Norna, order me one as well Beefy !!!
Back to top Go down
bwplive.com

Number of posts : 580
Registration date : 2007-06-30

PostSubject: Re: f1 DRIVERS REGISTERED UNDER NUMBER 4   Sun Jul 27, 2014 8:35 am

Don't look at 'Spannermans' avatar picture whatever you do, I fear it could be all too much!! lol!
Back to top Go down
carlton

PostSubject: Re: f1 DRIVERS REGISTERED UNDER NUMBER 4   Sun Jul 27, 2014 5:49 pm

Good call Baz, now where did I put that garlic !
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: f1 DRIVERS REGISTERED UNDER NUMBER 4   

Back to top Go down

f1 DRIVERS REGISTERED UNDER NUMBER 4
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next