Share | 

ROLLING LAP MUSIC - RINKY DINK - SURELY

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
shock66

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2008-05-20

PostSubject: ROLLING LAP MUSIC - RINKY DINK - SURELY   Tue Jul 21, 2009 1:50 pm

Sat nght was great stuff at Brafield! - strange but rinky dink was being played during the F2 rolling lap and fanfare for the common man for the F1 S - what is going on! No

YOURS
V UPSET

PS please turn up the volume!
Back to top Go down
EX Gp A 66

Number of posts : 171
Registration date : 2008-06-07

PostSubject: Re: ROLLING LAP MUSIC - RINKY DINK - SURELY   Tue Jul 21, 2009 2:03 pm

Things are a changing,and for the worse scratch Sad Sad Sad Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
dpr

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2007-07-01

PostSubject: Re: ROLLING LAP MUSIC - RINKY DINK - SURELY   Tue Jul 21, 2009 7:05 pm

Agreed. Fanfare was just right at Odsal way back when, at Brafield it is just wrong lol! It has to be Rinky Dink at Brafield...it doesnt feel right without it.
Back to top Go down
oval smash 09

Number of posts : 1232
Registration date : 2009-01-04

PostSubject: Re: ROLLING LAP MUSIC - RINKY DINK - SURELY   Tue Jul 21, 2009 7:18 pm

cheers http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t8PaRoJLbhU cheers

The one and only brafield. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBRq6Mxx2gk

Last edited by oval smash 09 on Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Zep

Number of posts : 2062
Registration date : 2007-06-23

PostSubject: Re: ROLLING LAP MUSIC - RINKY DINK - SURELY   Tue Jul 21, 2009 7:32 pm

At the end of the BBC's filming, someone is bound to ask the question, "What is that quirky little tune that sounds like it's been recorded in an outside toilet?"

"Oh, that's our tune, Rinky Dink".

Long pause.......................................................

"Hmmm, we are looking for something with a tiny bit more ooomph for our programme about the big cars, you know, big cars, big sound!"

I think about the F1GP signature tune and think about motorsport!
Then I think about Rinky Dink and see a dozen old ladies with lilac hats driving Nissan Micras at 20mph.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mickmarsh.co.uk/stox
oval smash 09

PostSubject: Re: ROLLING LAP MUSIC - RINKY DINK - SURELY   Tue Jul 21, 2009 9:28 pm

Zep wrote:

I think about the F1GP signature tune and think about motorsport!
Then I think about Rinky Dink and see a dozen old ladies with lilac hats driving Nissan Micras at 20mph.

Hey that music still makes the hairs on the great big ugly mens neck stand up,and mine come to that,,on the day with the stock cars,but as u say that music with no known history of our sport is "old ladies". Laughing
Back to top Go down
robbo28

Number of posts : 101
Registration date : 2007-09-02

PostSubject: ROLLING LAP MUSIC - RINKY DINK - SURELY   Tue Jul 21, 2009 9:32 pm

Right on Zep. Didn't notice anyone complaining about Deacon Blue & Dignity at Skeg for the Ray Gunn Trophy. Swinging Safari is the only one ever for the Loons, but in that particular context, and with the cars on the grid for two thirds of the song before rolling, the atmosphere created was brilliant.

So for the F1's, Fanfare is just right.

And if I ever had a gig as a commentator at a short oval then every race would have a different piece of rolling lap music - Alan Parsons, Pink Floyd, Darude, Booker T, Simple Minds, Flock of Seagulls, ELP, Fleetwood Mack, Whistling Jack Smith and anything else that took my fancy.
Back to top Go down
Giant

Number of posts : 1517
Registration date : 2007-07-07

PostSubject: Re: ROLLING LAP MUSIC - RINKY DINK - SURELY   Tue Jul 21, 2009 10:11 pm

For me, Rinky Dink is a Brafield tune. F1's or F2's don't mind. Any other track playing it just doesn't seem right somehow.
Back to top Go down
Alan B

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2009-01-29

PostSubject: Re: ROLLING LAP MUSIC - RINKY DINK - SURELY   Tue Jul 21, 2009 10:32 pm

Come on around and win (I think it is called) By Credants Clearwater Revival 1969/70
Back to top Go down
Alan B

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2009-01-29

PostSubject: Re: ROLLING LAP MUSIC - RINKY DINK - SURELY   Tue Jul 21, 2009 10:39 pm

Not Rolling Lap music but "Yes Sir I can Boogie" by Baccera was played by Steve (sorry cannot recall second name) at Hartlepool 1978/80. It made Dave Edwards' mouth water enough to do the commentry.

RIP Dave.
Back to top Go down
oval smash 09

PostSubject: Re: ROLLING LAP MUSIC - RINKY DINK - SURELY   Tue Jul 21, 2009 10:40 pm

Giant wrote:
For me, Rinky Dink is a Brafield tune. F1's or F2's don't mind. Any other track playing it just doesn't seem right somehow.

And for you people from the 70's the meeting was not complete without this at the end,enjoy. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYyUs_dCFFk Sad

Or http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KsJ_bzYyrHw Very Happy

Last edited by oval smash 09 on Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
oval smash 09

PostSubject: Re: ROLLING LAP MUSIC - RINKY DINK - SURELY   Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:01 pm

Alan B wrote:
Come on around and win (I think it is called) By Credants Clearwater Revival 1969/70

Cant find it,need more record info,But found "Have you ever seen the rain" for last sunday Razz http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TS9_ipu9GKw
Back to top Go down
carlton

Number of posts : 1575
Registration date : 2007-09-14

PostSubject: Re: ROLLING LAP MUSIC - RINKY DINK - SURELY   Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:48 pm

Any Andy Williams song will do me Oval Smash, or a bit of ELO. A bit of Mr Blue sky would have been good on Sunday !!
Back to top Go down
oval smash 09

PostSubject: Re: ROLLING LAP MUSIC - RINKY DINK - SURELY   Wed Jul 22, 2009 12:40 am

carlton wrote:
Any Andy Williams song will do me Oval Smash, or a bit of ELO. A bit of Mr Blue sky would have been good on Sunday !!

DONE http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H2Ncxw1xfck
Back to top Go down
nige-h

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2009-04-04

PostSubject: Re: ROLLING LAP MUSIC - RINKY DINK - SURELY   Wed Jul 22, 2009 8:16 am

Seeing as I cut my teeth at the Haringay track in the 60's ,March of the Mods is the only theme for me.The build up is spot on
Back to top Go down
515josh347

Number of posts : 207
Registration date : 2009-06-17

PostSubject: Re: ROLLING LAP MUSIC - RINKY DINK - SURELY   Wed Jul 22, 2009 3:11 pm

i like to hear the rinkydink at skeg-vegas on the fun coast for 1's and 2's. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
chris 20

Number of posts : 791
Registration date : 2008-07-08

PostSubject: Re: ROLLING LAP MUSIC - RINKY DINK - SURELY   Thu Jul 23, 2009 10:46 am

Time for these other tracks to get their own theme music.

Growing up and going to all F1 meetings at Brafield as a kid right through the 80's, Rinky Dink only ever sounds right played there for the one's

Somewhere along the lines, all the right songs have been mixed up, and now anything seems to go. To me its like playing the BBC F1 theme tune for Touring Cars or MotoGP if you can see where some of us are coming from. Just wrong!

However, I do think we need to modernise the tunes a little though, especially while the BBC is in attendence lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ROLLING LAP MUSIC - RINKY DINK - SURELY   

Back to top Go down

ROLLING LAP MUSIC - RINKY DINK - SURELY
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1