ALLSTOX FANS FORUM

Stock Car Fans Forum for Results, Banter and PIZZABET

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

F1 WF 2014.........gentlemen start your plans!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Grafter

Number of posts : 2114
Registration date : 2007-12-07

PostSubject: F1 WF 2014.........gentlemen start your plans!   Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:28 am

It appears Steve has set the wheels in motion.........so lets see if we can get this one to tick as many of our boxes as we can.
First off it seems like its going to be a repeat of this year..........well the prices at least http://startrax.info/wf2014/
but with the added 100 club offering (all you can eat boiled sweets buffet I think lol!  ) and kids under 5 years free? We will have to wait and see if the kidz club deal will extend to the world final though I think.

So, what is on everyones wish list to make this a truly epic world final (with a memorable build up for all the right reasons)?
Well here's my first offering and it may come as a bit of a surprise...........but thats what we need at a world final isn't it? Well my old boss pulled this stunt in our workshop once and I can honestly say it was a day I won't forget in a hurry (talk about a culture clash affraid  ). He only went and got a group like this lot http://www.coventrycooporchestra.org.uk/about-us/ to come in and knock out some tunes..........and they were great! We spent half the morning doing request with them for movie theme tunes ect. The boss had trouble getting us back to work Laughing 
Back to top Go down
Mike Ashcroft

Number of posts : 511
Registration date : 2007-10-16

PostSubject: Re: F1 WF 2014.........gentlemen start your plans!   Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:38 pm

Grafter wrote:
It appears Steve has set the wheels in motion.........so lets see if we can get this one to tick as many of our boxes as we can.
First off it seems like its going to be a repeat of this year..........well the prices at least http://startrax.info/wf2014/
The reasoning behind the price for a seat for the last couple of years was seemingly to offset hire costs. With Cov having seats already is £13 to park yer bum fair?
Back to top Go down
http://www.ashcroft.stoxnet.com
trimal

Number of posts : 152
Registration date : 2008-05-27

PostSubject: Re: F1 WF 2014.........gentlemen start your plans!   Wed Oct 02, 2013 3:34 pm

Mike Ashcroft wrote:
Grafter wrote:
The reasoning behind the price for a seat for the last couple of years was seemingly to offset hire costs. With Cov having seats already is £13 to park yer bum fair?
It is if your legs ache.
Back to top Go down
AndyG

Number of posts : 71
Registration date : 2008-04-27

PostSubject: Re: F1 WF 2014.........gentlemen start your plans!   Wed Oct 02, 2013 5:42 pm

If the track is in good shape before the WF, please don't regrade it, it's boring, takes ages and doesn't add much value.
Back to top Go down
Grafter

PostSubject: Re: F1 WF 2014.........gentlemen start your plans!   Wed Oct 02, 2013 5:45 pm

trimal wrote:
Mike Ashcroft wrote:
Grafter wrote:
It is if your legs ache.
I had the same thoughts myself but didn't like to bring it up. But if the extra funds raised go back into the sport (not just some rented stadia or someones retirement pot) I can live with it.
Back to top Go down
Grafter

PostSubject: Re: F1 WF 2014.........gentlemen start your plans!   Wed Oct 02, 2013 5:47 pm

AndyG wrote:
If the track is in good shape before the WF, please don't regrade it, it's boring, takes ages and doesn't add much value.
Totaly agree.......only regrade if necessary and then do it for the support race prior to the world final itself.
Back to top Go down
Grafter

PostSubject: Re: F1 WF 2014.........gentlemen start your plans!   Tue Aug 12, 2014 11:13 pm

Well with a little over a month to go what is in store regards other entertainment on the night? Sometimes it doesn't have to be expensive or flash.........just memorable (sometimes for all the wrong reasons......remember the laser show?  affraid  ).
Back to top Go down
steven

Number of posts : 1258
Registration date : 2007-07-06

PostSubject: Re: F1 WF 2014.........gentlemen start your plans!   Wed Aug 13, 2014 8:32 pm

We will start releasing information at the end of the month - We can however promise you 100 + BriSCA Formula 1 Stock Cars - Up to 40 NATIONAL SALOONS including 'possibly' Coventry's greatest race!

We can tell you only 300 Grandtstand tickets remain!

We can tell you only 23 VIP tickets remain!

We can tell you that Mr Ian Berridge returns as BERRIDGE WASTE PAPER SPONSORS the years greatest race in F1

We can tell you we have a fantastic Friday night party night with up to 48 F1 Stockers for the rest of the World Challenge for the Marina Heller Trophy!

We can tell you Friday will have up to 60 F2 cars!

We can promise 'no hype'

We can promise a 'fans' World Final where the focus is on The Action! 11 great pulsating races from 3.30.pm WF day

We can promise early opening times to get in the groove, gates open Saturday at 12.30.pm!
Back to top Go down
Grafter

PostSubject: Re: F1 WF 2014.........gentlemen start your plans!   Thu Aug 14, 2014 8:13 am

Nice factual reply Steve....a little more "meat on the bone" would have been nice though.
Given that this is the #1 UK oval event of the year and promotions get 4 plus years to plan it out......would it not be expecting too much to have more general information available by now?
I understand on one hand that promoters may wish to spend as little as possible on advertising and just expect that the masses of part time fans of old come out of hiding and fill the stadia.....BUT.....this event should be about showcasing everthing that is great about our sport to potential NEW fans/drivers and sponsors also.
I've said it before. .... just take a look at the likes of Santa Pods website and just see their events calendar along with the level of information available.....prices available for all groups of society/facilities/sideshows/photo entry lists/video promo's ect.
It's a lot of work but you reap what you sow.
Back to top Go down
steven

PostSubject: Re: F1 WF 2014.........gentlemen start your plans!   Thu Aug 14, 2014 8:24 am

Everything including prices / packages / whats on has been online for nearly 12 months!
Back to top Go down
Grafter

PostSubject: Re: F1 WF 2014.........gentlemen start your plans!   Sat Aug 16, 2014 1:39 am

Besides the pricing, everything else could do with a bit more dressing up and the i's dotting and the t's crossed.
So here are a few comparrisons.....
F1 World Final:::::::::::::::::::::::Santapod FIA Finals

Clear pricing::::::::::::::::::::::::Clear pricing (plus upto 3 free kids under 16 with a paying adult)
????::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::photo entry list
????::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::Links to relevent websites to inform new spectators/sponsors
????::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::Live action arena inc. monster truck/Ross Smyth quad bike stunts/Russ Swift precision driving display/Lee Bower motorbike stunts
????::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::Battle of Britain and Spitfire flypast
????::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::Kids area inc. Arts & crafts/face painting/entertainer/funfair/Robot wars  battle arena game
????::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::Rides...." seat Dragster/Monster truck or Helicopter
Hospitality packages:::::::::::::Hospitality packages including photo's and consumer reviews
Free pit access::::::::::::::::::::Free pit access

Besides these items the Pod usually has its own local radio station (so you can tune in if you can't hear the PA system to well) and also live web tv if you can't get to the event. Plus they have a great essential info page http://www.santapod.co.uk/g_essential.php along with rain off info' and refund policy.
I'm not saying I would expect all/any of this on our big day but just be aware that I am not the only fan that thinks............relying on the racing alone is not the best way to treat the future generations coming into the sport.
It would be good to have something for the kids to do (after all they are paying to be taken along (and not many 5>11 year olds are THAT into the racing). A great atmopheric build up to the big race would be welcome, drivers entering the track with the lights out and a spot light on them? (Mr starter in a shiny gold number and some large foam hands for the "start the engines" moment). Two folk teaming up to do the commentary (there have been some great double acts in other forms of sport).
Anyway looking forward to see what else you have up your sleeve Steve for our 60th anniversary year!
Back to top Go down
steven

PostSubject: Re: F1 WF 2014.........gentlemen start your plans!   Sun Aug 17, 2014 3:06 pm

Stock Car Racing - it's what everyone wants to see! - we are not Santa Pod which is a different experience - Try anything different and you get shot - Ipswich 2008!
Back to top Go down
westiedub

Number of posts : 73
Registration date : 2008-03-12

PostSubject: Re: F1 WF 2014.........gentlemen start your plans!   Mon Aug 18, 2014 8:06 pm

Grafter wrote:
Besides the pricing, everything else could do with a bit more dressing up and the i's dotting and the t's crossed.
So here are a few comparrisons.....
F1 World Final:::::::::::::::::::::::Santapod FIA Finals

Clear pricing::::::::::::::::::::::::Clear pricing (plus upto 3 free kids under 16 with a paying adult)
????::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::photo entry list
????::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::Links to relevent websites to inform new spectators/sponsors
????::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::Live action arena inc. monster truck/Ross Smyth quad bike stunts/Russ Swift precision driving display/Lee Bower motorbike stunts
????::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::Battle of Britain and Spitfire flypast
????::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::Kids area inc. Arts & crafts/face painting/entertainer/funfair/Robot wars  battle arena game
????::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::Rides...." seat Dragster/Monster truck or Helicopter
Hospitality packages:::::::::::::Hospitality packages including photo's and consumer reviews
Free pit access::::::::::::::::::::Free pit access

Besides these items the Pod usually has its own local radio station (so you can tune in if you can't hear the PA system to well) and also live web tv if you can't get to the event. Plus they have a great essential info page http://www.santapod.co.uk/g_essential.php along with rain off info' and refund policy.
I'm not saying I would expect all/any of this on our big day but just be aware that I am not the only fan that thinks............relying on the racing alone is not the best way to treat the future generations coming into the sport.
It would be good to have something for the kids to do (after all they are paying to be taken along (and not many 5>11 year olds are THAT into the racing). A great atmopheric build up to the big race would be welcome, drivers entering the track with the lights out and a spot light on them? (Mr starter in a shiny gold number and some large foam hands for the "start the engines" moment). Two folk teaming up to do the commentary (there have been some great double acts in other forms of sport).
Anyway looking forward to see what else you have up your sleeve Steve for our 60th anniversary year!
..................Hear Hear!,Falls on deaf ears though.
Back to top Go down
steven

PostSubject: Re: F1 WF 2014.........gentlemen start your plans!   Mon Aug 18, 2014 8:29 pm

I might be missing the point but What isn't actually in the public domain other than the final grid ? The Dutch qualifiers aren't known as yet until later this month - CSF takes place at BV next Monday.

After these are completed then more information can be released - There are a few things we wish to keep under wraps for a little while longer however the important point is that we have 104 F1 Stock Cars being invited and 40 National Saloons - and from past Coventry experience this event definitely needs 'no further hype!'

September will see updates regularly however everything else is in the public domain - We don' either know the result of the race yet - but, when we do I'll announce it!

This will a World Final that 'focuses on the racing' - No hype and only appropriate window dressing [lol] and one for traditionalists.

Back to top Go down
Grafter

PostSubject: Re: F1 WF 2014.........gentlemen start your plans!   Thu Sep 04, 2014 6:53 pm

Well its getting closer now.....and we have a list of Dutch entrants (although Mr Keijzer appears to have cancelled and been replaced by Mr Catsburg). Also there may be betting allowed and maybe the will be a drivers trophy presentation after the meeting finishes in the bar. Premier sports also seem to be putting a promo video together which will feature on Transworld sports. As for anything for the fans......
Back to top Go down
Grafter

PostSubject: Re: F1 WF 2014.........gentlemen start your plans!   Tue Sep 16, 2014 11:39 pm

The goalposts appear to have moved regarding the advanced tickets.....16/09/2014 – updates

BiG FRIDAY – ONE WILD NIGHT! The Dutch are coming!
Friday 19th September 2014

ALL ADMISSION SIMPLY PAY ON THE GATE!
Turnstiles open 4.pm FIRST RACE 5.40.pm Heritage – MAIN EVENT FROM 6.PM!

SATURDAY 20th SEPTEMBER – Gates open at 12.30.pm

Please note ADVANCE TICKET ORDER CLOSE AT 4.30.pm TUESDAY 16th SEPTEMBER – But do not worry!!!!!! Everyone will get in to see the biggest oval event of the year!

Previously......steve, on 10 Sept 2014 - 4:12 PM, said:
Just an update on tickets - These will be available ONLY until wednesday 3.pm 17th September and these will 'to collect on the day' - Advance ONLINE / OR TICKET ORDERS VIA OFFICE WILL CLOSE AT THE SAME TIME - After that, simply gain tickets from the Box office on Friday 19th or Saturday 20th - open 2.pm Friday and 10.30.am Saturday - Plenty of room for General admission.  Any unsold Grandstand tickets will be available first come first served from Friday.
Also still awaiting more info on the extra parking and the charges.......
Posted 09 September 2014 - 02:03 PM

We shortly will announce extra overflow car parking space being arranged locally, there will be a charge for this as being arranged with local landowner
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: F1 WF 2014.........gentlemen start your plans!   

Back to top Go down

F1 WF 2014.........gentlemen start your plans!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1