Coventry doomed rumour

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Beef Pudding

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2008-01-30

PostSubject: Coventry doomed rumour   Fri Feb 21, 2014 7:26 pm

Apparently the greyhound operation is running their final meeting this weekend? Story goes they have no ongoing guarantee for prolonged future meetings at Coventry which in turn affects their long term policy for growth and development.

Seems there are some vague claims that property development may be on the horizon for Coventry Stadium in general?

Time span before the stock car action could possibly get the boot is currently unknown but those a lot closer to the core than me reckon it could be around 2 years?

The story has been given legs by the fact that 'The Coventry Telegraph' has run an article saying the sale of Coventry Stadium is 'imminent'!

Total speculation at the moment but extremely concerning never the less.

Feedback points to greyhound threads on twitter today breaking the story wide open.
Back to top Go down
sausage

Number of posts : 2525
Registration date : 2010-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Coventry doomed rumour   Fri Feb 21, 2014 10:16 pm

It just won't go away this rumour will it.. like a boomerang , every time Jeremy tries to throw it away, it just comes back.. mind you, well have bradford and the new belle vue by then.
Back to top Go down
Zep

Number of posts : 2062
Registration date : 2007-06-23

PostSubject: Re: Coventry doomed rumour   Fri Feb 21, 2014 11:56 pm

sausage wrote:
It just won't go away this rumour will it..  like a boomerang , every time Jeremy tries to throw it away, it just comes back.. mind you, well have bradford and the new belle vue by then.

We won't be getting Bradford HERE
and Belle Vue is staying exactly where it is, it's the speedway who are moving home.

Wo betide the anti-Sheffield brigade unless they want to kick shale racing into touch altogether.

They'll see my @Ʀ$Ƹ if that happens.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mickmarsh.co.uk/stox
steven

Number of posts : 1250
Registration date : 2007-07-06

PostSubject: Re: Coventry doomed rumour   Sat Feb 22, 2014 11:27 am

The fat lady isn't singing at Coventry and will not be for some years! Whatever facts emerge, imo this story has come directly from the Greyhounds own commercial decision to cease operation with speculative linkage to the future in an attempt to massage that commercial decision which has created linkage to an ongoing story by media - My opinion!

Bradford - Stock Car Racing clearly has 'support' from Bradford Metropolitan Council as we applied at the beginning of this process formally to renew the Planning consent for Stock Car Racing, as did speedway - and consent was granted August 2013 for 10 events per year.

However, we were negotiating with OK BULLS Ltd who wanted to utilise the stadium more and diversify to bring in extra revenue. One however has to remember that the Bradford Bulls went into administration, saved by OK Bulls. It was then revealed that the 'jewel in the crown' - The 99 year lease for Odsal had been earlier mortgaged to Super League as part of an earlier bail out. That effectively meant that subsequent owners, OK Bulls Ltd would have to themselves apply to Super League to amend the head lease to permit anything other than Rugby. This was always envisaged 'a potential problem'. However OK Bulls Ltd were very clear it was their intention to pay back the original loan to regain the full 99 year lease as they had wider plans including commercial redevelopment on fringes of the land.
Unfortunately, in the Autumn they had to be bailed out by a new 12 person consortium who in turn have had to completely restructure the business in an attempt to secure the future of Rugby League and the Bulls and in preliminary talks with them, they were very clear that managing this was the priority for the short/medium term and not getting involved in peripheral activities. Contrary to popular opinion, rental income from stock cars and speedway would be insufficient - and require a certain amount of time and investment - to on it's own prop up the Bulls as a restructuring of the club will be multi million. When that is done, then perhaps you may take a view on peripheral income - But the group running Odsal are there primarily to ensure Super League can operate [ not anything else - that wasn't why they have invested ].
In recent weeks OK Bulls Ltd went into a planned Administration and emerged as a new company whose priority is above. There were already significant issues to do with safety exits and safe evacuation of the terraces / stand onto the pitch and whilst evaluating Odsal, parts of the safer fence had already been removed to form gates for areas cordoned off. We had to overcome this at Workington some years ago. This was exacerbated by a concert held at Odsal last May that had a lot of fall out Safety Certificate wise which we presume has led to removal of the existing 'wall' to be replaced by something that meets the safety certificate requirements.
Back to top Go down
sausage

PostSubject: Re: Coventry doomed rumour   Sat Feb 22, 2014 8:01 pm

Oh-poop!!..  affraid ..
Jeremy has now admitted it will now be.sold for redevelopment in 3yrs time..
That's if a developer comes in for it?. I ain't in the building game, but I rather think there will be a que ,and not an orderly one ! .
Negative I know, but this sort of stuff usually has a deposit to secure it paid years in advance. And they get impatient..
Back to top Go down
tim1203

Number of posts : 1379
Registration date : 2009-05-09

PostSubject: Re: Coventry doomed rumour   Sat Feb 22, 2014 10:23 pm

OK, time for the truth

After a recent EuroLottery win I had 2 immeadiate must do's.
1st had my teeth sorted - all complete now.
2nd I bought Coventry Stadium.

Still undecided what to go with on #2 -

Tesco or Bannatynes ????
Back to top Go down
sausage

PostSubject: Re: Coventry doomed rumour   Sat Feb 22, 2014 10:57 pm

Way-hay Tim, where ya bin!?..
And yeah, I was being polite.  There will be layer upon layer of bull s*it ,  sandhu  has sat tight cos the arse fell out the property market..  now confidence is back and money , big money is swapping hands again he's selling.  All this tripe about we've secured a deal till x,x or x ... Lol..
That land is now worth considerably more than anytime since 2008.   It would have gone long ago if  the recession hadn't come along. Make no mistake about it,  if an offer comes in , and I would imagine its already in the hands of lawyers, then it will be shut by close of play that day.
If I were you, I'd treat every meeting from now on as possibly the last.. mid-season won't matter a jot. There is a hell of a lot of money involved here.
Back to top Go down
tim1203

Number of posts : 1379
Registration date : 2009-05-09

PostSubject: Re: Coventry doomed rumour   Sat Feb 22, 2014 11:12 pm

Stox and Speedway will continue for the 3 years but the new owner aint gonna spend a penny on the site, why would they, and the stadium will as good as demolish itself - who will repair the hole on turn 1 ??? Etc etc, so as my esteemed colleague above has said - any meeting could be the last.
Back to top Go down
A1 NOS

Number of posts : 2182
Registration date : 2007-09-23

PostSubject: Re: Coventry doomed rumour   Sun Feb 23, 2014 8:00 am

Nothing lasts forever in all walks of life.

Certainly not a micro minority sport like ours.

Whilst the demise of Coventry will be sad to see we need to be looking ahead ( not something I'm sure this sport is totally comfortable with) at replacement venues.

Whatever happened to Scunthorpe.

Had 2 meetings there and that was it. I know it's a little bit far from down south but it remains a viable venue.
It worked did it not.
Anyway it's not all doom and gloom.

Could we not just make Kings Lynn the first Saturday of the month.

Racings great there and owners seem to constaly invest in the venue.

Places like this deserve our support and will KL being where it is it's unlikely somebody's going to want to build houses on it.

Swindons also a great track. Pretty sure in the early 2000's there was a semi final there.

Ideally located as well.

The futures bright

The futures ahead of us.

Back to top Go down
http://www.driveandprotect.com
bwplive.com

Number of posts : 580
Registration date : 2007-06-30

PostSubject: Re: Coventry doomed rumour   Sun Feb 23, 2014 8:28 am

A1 NOS wrote:

Cracking track, someone is running Bangers there.
Back to top Go down
Grafter

Number of posts : 2080
Registration date : 2007-12-07

PostSubject: Re: Coventry doomed rumour   Sun Feb 23, 2014 8:51 am

Don't panic the SS (Sandhu & Steve) are waiting in the wings ready to splash the cash generated from the sale into a new super stadia! The company is laying dormant in wait https://www.duedil.com/company/07607924/midland-sports-agency-limited . Remember you read it here first  Shocked 
Back to top Go down
Spannerman

Number of posts : 6496
Registration date : 2007-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Coventry doomed rumour   Sun Feb 23, 2014 12:38 pm

A1 NOS wrote:

Whilst the demise of Coventry will be sad to see we need to be looking ahead ( not something I'm sure this sport is totally comfortable with) at replacement venues.

Whatever happened to Scunthorpe. they don't want F1s anymore

Swindons also a great track. Pretty sure in the early 2000's there was a semi final there. There was A1 a certain Mr Hines made his V8 debut at that meeting

Ideally located as well. looks likely to be demolished for housing though

The futures bright

The futures ahead of us. You forgot your local now defunct track Bovingdon wouldn't take to much work/money to get up n running and the pits could hold 100+ cars easily

Back to top Go down
sausage

PostSubject: Re: Coventry doomed rumour   Sun Feb 23, 2014 1:26 pm

Spannerman wrote:
A1 NOS wrote:

Whatever happened to Scunthorpe. they don't want F1s anymore

Swindons also a great track. Pretty sure in the early 2000's there was a semi final there. There was A1 a certain Mr Hines made his V8 debut at that meeting

Ideally located as well. looks likely to be demolished for housing though

The futures bright

The futures ahead of us.  You forgot your local now defunct track Bovingdon wouldn't take to much work/money to get up n running and the pits could hold 100+ cars easily

Back to top Go down
Grafter

PostSubject: Re: Coventry doomed rumour   Mon Feb 24, 2014 7:58 am

Who said this?........"As for the future at Coventry Stadium beyond 2010 that would be speculating however I think it is as safe as houses for at least the next five years and would be replaced at a new site if we were to develop the current site for houses".
Back to top Go down
bm7921

Number of posts : 358
Registration date : 2007-07-15

PostSubject: Re: Coventry doomed rumour   Mon Feb 24, 2014 8:20 am

bwplive.com wrote:
A1 NOS wrote:

Cracking track, someone is running Bangers there.

Scunthorpe dont want brisca f1. Its all down to money. It would need vast expense to upgrade the safety fence , armco etc. Also they are not orci members so cannot run them . When they ran previously it was because startrax co promoted and what I heard was that the money split wasnt to the Scunthorpe track owners liking.
Back to top Go down
sausage

PostSubject: Re: Coventry doomed rumour   Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:05 am

Wonder how long its gonna take for the civil war to start lol..
North Vs South... Example:. Ha!.. instead of spectating at one meeting a month at coventry, you southerners are soon gonna have to travel and support our tracks now..  Razz 
Back to top Go down
A1 NOS

Number of posts : 2182
Registration date : 2007-09-23

PostSubject: Re: Coventry doomed rumour   Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:43 am

sausage wrote:
Wonder how long its gonna take for the civil war to start  lol..
North Vs South...  Example:. Ha!.. instead of spectating at one meeting a month at coventry, you southerners are soon gonna have to travel and support our tracks now..  Razz 

Or have pasteries in Notting Hill  lol! 
Back to top Go down
http://www.driveandprotect.com
J4LMP

Number of posts : 1985
Registration date : 2008-04-10

PostSubject: Re: Coventry doomed rumour   Mon Feb 24, 2014 4:36 pm

Mr Sandu is a business man, it makes good economic sense to now start to think about selling the land to a housing developer! It was always on the cards so why people are surprised beats me. scratch  scratch  scratch 

He made his money in property, he knows what he is doing. We should be thankful he chose to keep the stadium going for as long as he has, instead of making a quick return and selling it when he bought it. The land is way too valuable to run stock cars/dogs and speedway.. The following they get is small and is ever decreasing and simply doesn't make enough money, simple as that..

Nearly all stadiums need investment, but the crowds the sport draws in are no longer big enough to create enough money to re-invest, so why throw money away.... Sell when the market is at it's peek!

Sadly I fear that the stadium may fall into decline until the doors shut sometime in 2016? I very much doubt an alternative venue will be built? why? unless you build something like Scunthorpe or a Stoke there just isn't the following at the turnstiles to support the outlay in a new track..

Lets enjoy the remaining years and enjoy what we have till then, I'm not being negative, just being realistic....

oh and as for Bradford! never going to happen, move on... geek
Back to top Go down
sausage

PostSubject: Re: Coventry doomed rumour   Mon Feb 24, 2014 7:26 pm

Build a new track, get a promoter in . Now got a owner and promotor combo, cos we cant have just an owner puttingon Brisca F1 can we. Fall out inevitably happens equals a whopping amount of money down the bog.
This sport has been litterd with money grabbers and cut throats since day one.
Why everyone keeps thanking sandhu is beyond me? He's bought the jewel in the crown to close it. Yeah cheers avatar, nice one... Things went belly up with property/land, so it don't take a genius to work out, hmmmm, I've got a regular income coming here, wait a few years for this recession to sort itself out , and sell then. That time has arrived. Surely no one thinks he carried on running motor sport and dog racing for the love of it.
He'd have flogged it on day one. And will shift it A.S.A.P.
What you're gonna get now is lies, lies and more lies as everyone concerned wrings the last pennies out of it/us.

Do I care?...
Back to top Go down
Grafter

PostSubject: Re: Coventry doomed rumour   Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:06 am

Well the silence from BriSCA/BSCDA is deffening. The fact remains that Coventry is going and its been on the cards for a long time but what gets me is that no obvious business plan has been put in place and no action plan put forward prior to this becoming public knowledge. The sport NEEDS a great stadium (just like a family needs a strong parent/role model to keep the little ones in place). This stadium NEEDS to be central to all the other tracks AND it NEEDS to be of a high standard to attract sponsors/new fans alike (rented stadia/stadia owned by property developers are not what the sport NEEDS to build a SECURE future which drivers/fans can have confidence in). Go on, take out these and the tracks under threat from the regular tracks and whats left?.... Kings Lynn/Skegness and Buxton!
So with this in mind and messages on the other side asking for possible new sites I would like to throw this one into the thinking pot...... http://view.officeapps.live.com/op/view.aspx?src=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.leics.gov.uk%2Fquarry_proposal_summary.doc A possible multi use venue that used to be home to Keith Chambers F1 #250 I believe. It appears as though Biffa (now bought out) only wanted part of the site for waste burning and not the hole for landfill. The hole could possibly make the perfect natural amphitheatre to a great track and viewing which would make Bradford and Hednesford (abandoned reservoirs at the top of a hill are a bit hard to come by for some reason) look cr4p in comparison. Noise should be less of a problem as the hole would contain this. It is also dead central to all other tracks and has perfect motorway links.
This site may be wrong on many counts (flooding for one - but with the right design and lagoons in place and pumps on hand they are not insurmountable) but the idea of an abandoned quarry ticks a few boxes and they are normally quite cheap. So it might be worth having a word with the likes of Mr Chambers/Bert Finnikin (Tarmac used to sponsor him but now owned by Lafarge) or even Lafarge/Breedon themselves to see whats available.

Back to top Go down
J4LMP

Number of posts : 1985
Registration date : 2008-04-10

PostSubject: Re: Coventry doomed rumour   Wed Feb 26, 2014 9:40 am

I agree with Grafter that a new track needs to be thought about and be in place once Coventry closes but I very much doubt it will happen! Why?

Money!!!! Why spend thousands of pounds to build a stadium/track when the return will be small! F1 Stock cars no longer has the huge following people think it does/had! The fan base is decreasing as it the driver base, and by the time Coventry closes it's doors in 2016 i'll be surprised if Cov is attracting 40 cars? It will be running 2 heats format if we're lucky.. Every where else will be running either 2/3rds formats or all in formats..

Again, not being negative more realistic.. The guys who run the sport, are doing their best, the likes of 212,16 and 259 all have the best interests of the sport and give up a lot of their time for the better good, but in my opinion, and that's all it is. The sport is going the wrong way, going down a path which will continue you reduce both fan and drivers base!

The success of any sport/product, it has to be entertaining and the fans wanting more! More cars on track it good, so the new tyres and shocks will hopefully help but at the end of the day all the drivers racing need to feel they have a reasonable chance of COMPETING... Well on tarmac currently that just isn't the case! On tarmac at the minute, the drivers with the bigger bank balance win and it's not always the best/talented drivers! Now, in any motorsport, drivers with more money will always have an advantage but how the sport is currently set up hinders the lower budget drivers more than ever, thus the decide not to race!

So what's the solution? I think Brisca have to look at how the Rebels and Stoxkart's are run and how they have progressed! Ok, not my cup of tea, but how they run works!!!! The racing is close, it's entertaining (although not 4 me) and the most important thing about it all, the drivers that win, are usually the best drivers on the day, not the one's who do well because of the advantage they have with far far superior equipment! The balanced racing comes from the fact that all the cars are the same and they only have one of them and use the same car on both surfaces! hum!, that sounds familiar? back in the day eh  lol! 

Promoter's like Deane Wood I bet prefer these types of formula because 1. they're very organised 2. very professional 3. you don't have to pay them start money.. Steve Ree's and Startrax make there money from formula's like these and bangers etc and it's how they survive.. If it was down to F1's they would go out of business. I think some only keep F1's on their fixture lists knowing that every 3 years they get a stab at a World Final and that "makes them money"...

So how do you stop the current situation of "money talks"... Well nowadays the amount of money spent on engines has got stupid and way out of control... How can that be either stopped or reduced? tyres? make them smaller, thinner? for me this will reduce the grip/control and reduce the speeds. It would reduce the need of huge expensive engines surely? what's the point of spending ££££££'s on an engine when you can't get that power down onto the track? Would that make the racing more even? would drivers that win be more down to pure racing talent?

Do Brisca bring in a one car rule? could that be policed? my worry is that when an interview with the current World Champion highlights his desire to go faster and faster with cars with bigger and stickier tyres, I can't help think we're going more and more towards sprint cars and hot rod racing!

Back to top Go down
steven

PostSubject: Re: Coventry doomed rumour   Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:38 am

I think Grafter, respectfully, your aspirations are unrealistic. First point, Coventry have issued a statement and outlined that their intent is to seek a replacement site if a viable option develops. BriSCA promoters will quite obviously support and assist Coventry where they can in these efforts [ Much as they did in sending documents and support over to the Netherlands supporting Harry with his environmental issues at Venray.
2014 is the 60th year of the sport which is a fantastic milestone however throughout that period the sport has managed enforced change as stadiums have gone - one year a few decades ago [ in the good old days ] there were something like 42 meetings at 7 tracks. Individuals promoters ARE constantly seeking new opportunities, we certainly are - we have been looking around the North West and particularly Bolton for 15 years. Jeremy and myself have visited several sites over the years in different areas. We met with Bolton council. We have been trying to engineer a solution at Odsal and got very close only for circumstances to change - and then change again at 6.pm last night when the backers of the Bulls pulled out.
In Bradford's case, I estimate 300-400k to return the stadium back to run motorsport and that is if Super league would permit it, which in the short term is unlikely. One has to question that viability.
There are several stadiums within Oval racing 'at risk' over the next 3 - 10 years from development, no grand plan will manage that aspect.
For a promoter to 'replace' a venue such as Coventry with a 'new build' for the same space / facilities and capacity would cost perhaps 15 - 20m [ Look at the cost of some of the new build stadiums for football and Rugby League with 8 - 15000 capacities. A prime example, Sale Sharks fantastic facilities adjacent to the Trafford Centre, they moved in and went bust - Ironically we did write to Peel Holdings and unsurprisingly to date have had no response.
Any potential new stadium for oval racing isn't going to be as spectacular as the older grandees built for much bigger attendances. Belle Vue Speedway are engaged in what has already taken 5 years, to re home next door to our existing stadium. This idea has only developed because Manchester City Council developed a Sports City scheme around Hockey, football and other sports with considerable grants - and it just happened that there was perimeter space for a speedway track. If and when it goes ahead, as a stadium it will basic [ extendable with temporary stands ] and was a site used for the Commonwealth games. BUT the projected cost is £10m of which 80% funding is from the council / grants etc - speedway is more ancillary but no justification could be made in building a 10m speedway stadium.
I was personally devastated when Nelson closed in 1979 and was part of a campaign as a youngster to successfully campaign for an extension of it's life by a year - otherwise it would have closed in 1978.
If all several venues under threat closed in the next 18 months, the sport will not end - whether F1 or Bangers, it will continue, adapt, evolve and manage itself in a constantly changing world. However it's not commercially big enough to have a grand plan where for example BriSCA club together to create a replacement super stadium - we are all working very hard to keep as businesses what we have open in the face of increasing costs, particularly as we come out of recession and land values improve. It's about managing what we have whilst we have it whilst at the same time keeping an eye out on any possible viable alternatives that arise locally.
Its evolution and progression, it cannot be stopped, it can only be managed and adapted. That is where strategy comes into play - as it has done throughout 60 years.
The new season is coming, let's focus on that. If anyone would like to contact me about becoming financially involved in developing a new site, please do e-mail me as regrettably when you go to the bank to source high level 'risk' funding you are usually Billy no Mates!

Back to top Go down
moss8one5

Number of posts : 59
Registration date : 2012-07-08

PostSubject: Re: Coventry doomed rumour   Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:44 am

Although i do believe that the people who run oval racing meeting do a good job. Most promote to the best of there ability and its easy to say" i would do this and i could do that better" There are obviously financial constraints on everything in life. But the biggest issue i can see which is effecting this sport is that very few promoters own the tracks and stadiums they promote at. This is something that has been a problem for 60 years now.

The promoters that own there own stadium seem to go from strength to strength each year. look at Autospeed down in Taunton for example. They make improvements every year to there track and the facilities and should be celebrated for this. There under constraints from council neighbors but they are the masters of their own destiny.

If you don't own the tracks your not likely to want to spend cash on improvements on someones land and the promoters that do are obviously doing so because they have the sports best interests at heart. I wouldn't pay for my neighbors house to have a conservatory fitted because i go round for a BBQ twice a year . and then for them to sell the house and the new neighbors wont let me use it.

Maybe the team who promote at Coventry shouldn't be waiting for there landlords to find a suitable replacement stadium perhaps they should be looking for somewhere to buy. build a track. people will come and watch and improve the facilities over the next 10 years. A track owned by the stock car people built by stock car people and used by stock car people.

just an idea
Back to top Go down
http://www.bigfootracewear.co.uk
steven

PostSubject: Re: Coventry doomed rumour   Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:29 pm

An absolutely 'spot on' posting.  When we went back to Stoke 3 years, we made a tentative offer to purchase the freehold for Stoke from Corbetts' which was 'what it was worth' given the huge level of investment required. This was turned down because Corbetts eventual expectation for sale of the land for development is around 3.5m.

Taunton, is equally a good example, it was opened by Roy Goodman on a disused facility subsequently purchased by Autospeed 'in house' as a venue for stock car racing without the implications of 'land value' for development.

The bigger stadiums with facilities such as our own at Belle Vue and Sheffield could not be built [ Dave Allan turned down 10m in 1996 from Sainsbury's for the lease for Owlerton ] on revenues from motorsport.

This year by May we will have spent another 10k at Belle Vue - first visible sign is the new crowd rails on turns 3/4 - There are other improvements planned - And added to that cost when agreed will be possible new centre green drainage / figure of eight - Big risk as not our stadium. Old Stoke 'believe it or believe it not' will have sucked up 80 - 100k over the last 3 years in areas you can't really see - installation of stock car fence, pit area improvements / gates - believe it or not 10k [so far] on electrical work to comply with safety certificates - ALL funded by Dave and myself as it is rented from Corbett's who have made it clear that they do not wish to invest - big risk and has to be funded by revenue / profit.

BUT the likelihood in the future is that any bigger stadium with facilities will be leased by a promoter as motorsport is an add on revenue activity and not the main justification to be there - and all such 'bigger sites' are likely to be predatory for developers and in some cases, simply offers are too good to refuse if you take the offer price v the number years of revenue required to be anywhere near the sum offered.
It's business, always has been, always will be.

Smaller venues that do not hold the same re-development attractions AND where you have additional incremental revenue from catering [ which we don't ] will always be the most viable because cost base is much lower. An average Belle Vue / Sheffield with F1 on the programme discounting depreciation of any investment costs around 17k to just open the doors. You HAVE to work harder to try and get a bigger audience simply to cover the cost. But that is not new and has always been the case.

In the hey day [ and still in practice at one or 2 'bigger' venues ] , the Landlord requires 40% of the ex Vat takings as rent.

On a smaller scale, Speedway and Stock Cars is no different to Football and Rugby, it's all about costs [ except they play in other sports with bigger smarties, more TV money etc - fundamentals are the same - Pay the competitors whether a footballer or a stock car driver too big a percentage of the revenue and you will go out of business - What ALan Sugar referred to as the Prune Juice effect ]  Speedway have lessened Elite League costs by bringing in basically Juniors on a lot less money to fill the bottom 2 berths - Most speedway promoters have secondary jobs and do it as a hobby that gives them local status as it is a team sport. It struggles as any business does if outgoings exceed incomings - These have constantly got to be tailored to changes in income. You can ONLY undertake improvements from revenue and that ugly word 'profit' - and that is a challenge as even a promoter has to live - what's left can be invested and by degree those amounts vary on different promoters major events/revenue - a lot built historically, a 10k investment by one promoter will be huge to that individual compared to perhaps 200k by another with a different business model / different background circumstances and revenue stream - one size does not fit all.

Let me assure you in bigger venues it is increasingly hard to stay alive - Insurance premiums [ in our case ] have risen 3k for 2014. That's 3k that may not be available for reinvestment as it is a cost. F1 prize money [ not picking on them ] goes up a percentage every year - Bangers are going up simply too attract drivers / competition and increased costs. Everyday F1 meetings in most cases [ using that formula as an example ] do not generate great profits [ in some cases as corwd levels have changed it only takes a bad forecast to dip them to a loss ] Everyone then cites 'but look at the big crowd at the World Final ' 1 Not as big as it used to be, 2 A significant proportion of revenue is engulfed in competitor / other costs - hence increase in admission price - But Yes, it should raise a decent profit for the staging promoter BUT as a promoter only gets it every 6 years - The profit has to spread across the good and bad times - and hopefully have something left for investment - once thing that is certain, nothing like what justifies constructing a new stadium - That involves personal enthusiasm, personal risk and a goal for that individual in terms of belief in the future.

ALWAYS BETTER TO OWN THAN RENT - if that was absolute though 90% of today's venues would not be operating, because, simply they can't be bought at a justifiable price without a redevelopment strategy at some point,
Back to top Go down
carlton

Number of posts : 1575
Registration date : 2007-09-14

PostSubject: Re: Coventry doomed rumour   Wed Feb 26, 2014 9:23 pm

All the more reason to enjoy what we,ve got, whilst its here.

Brum or Stoke this weekend for me, depends on the weather, and and how quick I can clear my garage in search of some F2 related info I have that needs to be returned !

Close on 70 F2's booked at KL qualifier, close on 30 at Brum, not sure about Skeggy, but decent number I would have thought.

Good bye winter,

Welcome BRISCA F2 season 2014 !!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Coventry doomed rumour   Today at 2:01 pm

Back to top Go down

Coventry doomed rumour
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next