25th Jan at Stoke Postponed

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
smv

Number of posts : 389
Registration date : 2007-05-27

PostSubject: 25th Jan at Stoke Postponed   Wed Jan 21, 2015 9:39 pm

STOKE Sunday 25th January 2015 - MEETING POSTPONED

It would be impossible to not notice the huge amount of rain,sleet and snow the Potteries has suffered over the last 3 weeks.
Following an inspection of the track Monday and further consultations after further sleet and snow over the last 48 hours, the stadium is completely waterlogged. Whilst there is an improving forecast over the weekend, further rain is anticipated together with a 'thaw' which is as bad as rain and Mr Tattum and myself have absolutely no confidence that we can sufficiently 'dry' the track to ensure safe and enjoyable racing - the whole area is waterlogged and as fast as water is pumped off, it fills again.

We appreciate the support from drivers, race teams and fans and the cost attached to 'going racing' and we feel we have a duty to ensure that we can effect that as much as possible. This will be a mud bath- we need several days of dry weather to make an impact.

Therefore, balancing against a decent entry in all formula, we are wishing to be practical and honest in what we can achieve in the time available. We have, we believe acted honestly and responsibly and made an 'early' decision to postpone this event into March [ 21st] as in the best interest of ALL concerned. Let me assure you it is a big disappointment to us as numbers in all classes as of Tuesday were looking healthy however, ever the optimist I may be, we need it to be bone dry for several days to get equipment on and get anywhere. Whilst the forecast suggests dry weather daytime Sunday[ rain evening] further rain is forecast Friday / Saturday negating any improvement we may make.

Our apologies but I think you will all agree this is the right decision. We have invested close on 10k into the track during the second half of 2014 and I think all would agree in speedway and oval racing that the track has been top drawer - We wish to maintain that reputation in 2015 and even improve further with more big equipment due in again in March.

The next meeting at Stoke is as scheduled - SUNDAY 2nd MARCH 12.30.pm - This meeting /format for the 25th January has now been re-arranged for SATURDAY 21ST MARCH at 4.30.pm

Our apologies for any disappointment and inconvenience, we hope you share our responsibility for all and the future.

Steve

25th Jan at Stoke Postponed
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1