Share | 

F2 outlaws

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
cwr258

Number of posts : 185
Registration date : 2008-03-21

PostSubject: F2 outlaws   Sun Mar 29, 2015 8:46 pm

Its rather disappointing to see the likes of Daz Kitson,Dave Bale,Dave Pannett and Mark Wareham booked to race at Brampton next week.The question is why?There are several F2 type formulas now but surely "club" racing can't be as satisfying as the real thing.That said,when will BriSCA F2 try to cut costs to encourage growth rather than decline?They will when its too late....
Back to top Go down
trimal

Number of posts : 152
Registration date : 2008-05-27

PostSubject: Re: F2 outlaws   Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:08 am

Drivers have their own reasons, live in the area, other family attachments to the venues, want to race Scunthorpe, disillusioned with Brisca............
No difference as a driver really, race is a race no matter where or what you drive.
Brisca are trying on cost, zetec is a good example.
Have been a few Brisca meets recently with all in formats though, so if the Outlaws grow a bit who knows!
Back to top Go down
steven

Number of posts : 1258
Registration date : 2007-07-06

PostSubject: Re: F2 outlaws   Tue Mar 31, 2015 1:00 pm

Think there are many and different reasons - Outlaws, nothing new, bigger fish in a smaller pond - can see the attraction - BUT shale BriSCA wise with biggest ever number of shale meetings in March, it has given shale in particular a fillip - It is noticeable there is a good influx of new drivers and generally good grids of cars - This weekend at Stoke / BV is no exception. It has also led to a better spread of choice for drivers with no meetings oversubscribed - or under subscribed, pretty well perfect really - and the action I have seen with F2 this year has been awesome!
Back to top Go down
steven

Number of posts : 1258
Registration date : 2007-07-06

PostSubject: Re: F2 outlaws   Wed Apr 01, 2015 2:48 pm

Just as an addendum, BriSCA ARE always looking at the methodology of cutting costs, hence some decisions made in recent years - However the formula lends itself to almost Karting on tarmac and there are a small minority who believe BriSCA are actually holding the formula back and that technology should almost be open.
This is Europes biggest competitor stock car class - UK driver registrations for 2015 have caught up in recent weeks and only around 30 short of the 2014 end of year total - so there is plenty of interest and new drivers coming in. With such a National and diverse formula and cross section of drivers, the holy grail is pleasing all! The technologists in the sport have dissected rule changes and found ways round within hours/days for that fraction of a second - just like F1 GP! What has increased the competitiveness ironically is the pursuit of that margin which now can be found through MyLaps and subsequent set up comparisons which has been a huge boost.
However, again my opinion, the quality of F2 racing in 2015 already has been extremely high and competitive.
Back to top Go down
cain

Number of posts : 291
Registration date : 2007-07-04

PostSubject: Re: F2 outlaws   Sun Apr 05, 2015 12:13 am

I think it could be a case of being disillusioned with brisca f2.
Personally I think f2 is a joke, some driver's seem to be a lawyer unto themselves whilst others have the ban hammer thrust into them for same offences.If you look back over the last few years (and maybe further) f2 on a whole has become a joke
Back to top Go down
big mac

Number of posts : 220
Registration date : 2009-07-21

PostSubject: Re: F2 outlaws   Sun Apr 05, 2015 10:05 pm

Let's not play about here the reason lots of F2 drivers are fed up is very very simple. They are fed up with being treated like Shi- buy promoters end of.

Yes there are lots of drivers and they put on a good show so why do they only get payed prize money down to 3rd place? Hmmm and I wonder who pushed for that...

Driver and how many of there crew get in for nothing is it???

I wonder what formula's GN race will be dropped if we're running late??

Drivers have a AGM vote in a rule change which will help Them with there sport and what happens ? Oh yes the promoters say no...

And they are just some of the rubbish they've put up with for years and it will get no better. So bloody good Luck to them.

And I think that with the fellas they have got running them they may just go from strength to strength.
Back to top Go down
Spannerman

Number of posts : 6497
Registration date : 2007-07-07

PostSubject: Re: F2 outlaws   Mon Apr 06, 2015 2:46 pm

Agreed big mac
Back to top Go down
trimal

Number of posts : 152
Registration date : 2008-05-27

PostSubject: Re: F2 outlaws   Mon Apr 06, 2015 3:19 pm

Anyone know how it went?
Back to top Go down
Spannerman

Number of posts : 6497
Registration date : 2007-07-07

PostSubject: Re: F2 outlaws   Mon Apr 06, 2015 8:03 pm

21 saturday,16 sunday
Back to top Go down
Grafter

Number of posts : 2114
Registration date : 2007-12-07

PostSubject: Re: F2 outlaws   Tue Apr 07, 2015 8:52 pm

What ever became of Mr Heavers offer from last season.....to allow any F2's wanting to race under his promotion a guaranteed meeting alongside every F1 date until Coventry closes a d then at any new venue? I didn't see any F2's there last weekend so I guess this didn't strike a chord with many/any drivers or was the offer removed?
Back to top Go down
Adam563f2

Number of posts : 599
Registration date : 2007-06-22

PostSubject: Re: F2 outlaws   Tue Apr 07, 2015 9:25 pm

I made it 14 at Grimley on Monday too. Standlake were getting nearly 30 cars a meeting a few years ago before a few moved across to BriSCA. Its a shame, but its also nice to see F2 type racing at many new tracks.
Back to top Go down
Dave Wayne

Number of posts : 769
Registration date : 2007-07-18

PostSubject: Re: F2 outlaws   Tue Apr 07, 2015 9:47 pm

big mac wrote:
Drivers have a AGM vote in a rule change which will help Them with there sport and what happens ? Oh yes the promoters say no...

Drivers don't have an AGM any more because the BSCDA doesn't exist due to a one man crusade that didn't work. Ironically, having screwed up the F2s he is now one of the people behind the outlaws.
Back to top Go down
cain

Number of posts : 291
Registration date : 2007-07-04

PostSubject: Re: F2 outlaws   Wed Apr 08, 2015 12:32 pm

Dave Wayne wrote:
big mac wrote:

Drivers don't have an AGM any more because the BSCDA doesn't exist due to a one man crusade that didn't work. Ironically, having screwed up the F2s he is now one of the people behind the outlaws.

dave wayne, we worked vigourously for many weeks to obtain the services of the "one man crusade" you mention to work alongside us at outlaw f2`s.
as the man was a fraud investigator we believe he is the most trustworthy person to have on board.
could you please enlighten me as to how he screwed up brisca, as i wish to ensure that he doesnt do the same to our organisation.
if you dont feel brave enough to enlighten me on here you could always hide behind a private message.

outlaws is run by the drivers for the drivers and not to line anybodies pockets, its all about racing and having fun. a bit like brisca used to be many years ago.
Back to top Go down
big mac

Number of posts : 220
Registration date : 2009-07-21

PostSubject: Re: F2 outlaws   Wed Apr 08, 2015 8:48 pm

I know who you are talking about and I can assure of one thing if the drivers had have had the balls to stick with him, things would be a lot better for the F2's now than they are.
Back to top Go down
Dave Wayne

Number of posts : 769
Registration date : 2007-07-18

PostSubject: Re: F2 outlaws   Wed Apr 08, 2015 10:26 pm

cain wrote:
Dave Wayne wrote:
big mac wrote:

dave wayne, we worked vigourously for many weeks to obtain the services of the "one man crusade" you mention to work alongside us at outlaw f2`s.
as the man was a fraud investigator we believe he is the most trustworthy person to have on board.
could you please enlighten me as to how he screwed up brisca, as i wish to ensure that he doesnt do the same to our organisation.
if you dont feel brave enough to enlighten me on here you could always hide behind a private message.

outlaws is run by the drivers for the drivers and not to line anybodies pockets, its all about racing and having fun. a bit like brisca used to be many years ago.

You have misquoted me slightly and also not taken it in the context of the post I was responding to.
The previous post mentioned drivers having an AGM and I was merely pointing out that thanks to the person in question the small voice that the drivers used to have through the BSCDA was taken away. He knew that he didn't have majority backing from the drivers but carried on with his Scargill-esque campaign at which point BriSCA decided to do away with the BSCDA completely and take total control of the sport. Over 40 years of working together and the drivers having a voice was taken away overnight due to his militancy. I wasn't suggesting for one minute that it was a bad thing that he was involved with the outlaws, just pointing out the irony of his involvement in a breakaway movement from a sport where the drivers used to have a say. As an ex-F2 driver who was involved during Vince Moody's attempts to introduce 'pay to race' at all his shale tracks I know how strong the BSCDA was in fighting that battle, and although the way things worked were a long way from perfect, they were much better from a driver's point of view than they are now.

Good luck with the outlaws. Hoping to take a look at either Brampton or Trent later in the season.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: F2 outlaws   

Back to top Go down

F2 outlaws
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1