Admission prices

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
cliverichard

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2015-01-25

PostSubject: Admission prices   Wed Mar 30, 2016 2:54 pm

Well Mr heaver has decided to start showing driver list ,obviously got nothing to do with it being there last season ,plus guess what he's going to charge everybody 2 more to stand in a stadium that hasn't been touched for a couple years crumbling terraces disgusting toilets etc,what is it with some of little clique of stoxnet texters who seems to think Coventry is the be all and end all of stock car racing ,and what really gets me is every time Mr heaver texts they all start bowing and scraping for god's sake he's kept you in the dark for a couple years and you are all there hanging on to every word he says ,last three words GET A LIFE
Back to top Go down
Grafter

Number of posts : 2110
Registration date : 2007-12-07

PostSubject: Re: Admission prices   Wed Mar 30, 2016 5:43 pm

A very provocative post if I may say so. Coventry imo is still a great stadia (if rather long in the tooth....but previous promotors in many guises have taken the money and run and not invested for the future generations ). Coventry is not without its issues but its been that way for as long as my memory serves me. I just hope a new stadia is built and it is fully enclosed and is wholly owed and not leased from the council (or anyone else outside of the sport). Fingers crossed and lets go racing!
Back to top Go down
cliverichard

PostSubject: Re: Admission prices   Wed Mar 30, 2016 5:47 pm

Oh dear opened a can of worms never mind let's continue chances of all dancing all singing new stadium pie in the sky !
Back to top Go down
Graham

Number of posts : 207
Registration date : 2007-07-01

PostSubject: Re: Admission prices   Wed Mar 30, 2016 9:54 pm

Free under cover seating, concrete terracing all round, covered on both straights. Large free car park, plenty of catering facilities. The toilets don't seem any worse than other tracks.
Back to top Go down
trimal

Number of posts : 152
Registration date : 2008-05-27

PostSubject: Re: Admission prices   Wed Mar 30, 2016 10:17 pm

Has been issues with the back straight toilets, others are pretty good until the crowd mess them up.
Track's good, food good, cover if it rains, plenty of cars and action.
Cheaper for me than I pay at Belle Vue. Can't please everyone.
Back to top Go down
Grafter

PostSubject: Re: Admission prices   Wed Mar 30, 2016 10:31 pm

Just face facts.....Coventry is the #1 stadia for location #1 for families #1 for introducing new fans and sponsors and that's why it gets the best support from fans and drivers alike.
There are still short comings in facilities/promotion and in BriSCA/ORCI itself but the sport will keep chugging along, even without Coventry, so long as we still have characters and rivalries to keep us entertained.
LETS GO RACING!

Last edited by Grafter on Thu Mar 31, 2016 7:42 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
beaks

Number of posts : 414
Registration date : 2008-09-28

PostSubject: Re: Admission prices   Wed Mar 30, 2016 11:02 pm

Last edited by beaks on Sat Apr 02, 2016 6:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.thekfoundation.com
cliverichard

PostSubject: Re: Admission prices   Thu Mar 31, 2016 9:38 am

Not half as funny as reading some of yours ,no agenda just sick and tired of the same old posts off the same people going on about the same old thing,anyway we know where your allegiance lie's
Back to top Go down
cliverichard

PostSubject: Re: Admission prices   Thu Mar 31, 2016 12:13 pm

Let's get back to the topic ,why does Coventry feel it's got to charge 2 above everyone else,and don't tell us it's because we've got 70 odd cars because you've always charged more than most of the other stadiums
Back to top Go down
wildcat

Number of posts : 462
Registration date : 2007-12-13

PostSubject: Re: Admission prices   Thu Mar 31, 2016 1:27 pm

Coventry has always put the admission price up for the November meeting (by a 1), to pay towards fireworks and additional prize monies for the Championship events, this has then carried over to the following season.

As has been stated above, More cars than any other track, track surface good (weather dependant), more cover than any other track, good facilities, always gets good support, free on site car parking.....

Take it you won't be there on Saturday then CliveRichard ?

The rest of us can't wait......
Back to top Go down
cliverichard

PostSubject: Re: Admission prices   Thu Mar 31, 2016 2:43 pm

Wrong answer think back last year a couple of meetings raised probably the same amount of cars as what's just raced over the last weekend but price still over and above everywhere else ,also did I say anywhere in my post that I won't be there no !
Back to top Go down
Chris Brooks

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2014-03-01

PostSubject: Re: Admission prices   Thu Mar 31, 2016 5:00 pm

Will this really achieve anything - No
Will most TRUE stock car fans be there 1st Saturday in every month- Yes
Do Most F1 and F2 drivers and families like Coventry Stadium- Yes
Why did Stuart Smith Senior 391 race at Coventry when Rochdale raced the same night, just down the road, because it has always been Brisca,s premier stadium.
Where have most of the big championship meetings been staged over the last twenty years- Coventry Stadium.
Has there ever been a fans revolt because of Coventry pricing - NO
Should your post be deleted - YES
You will only succeed in making the true stock car fans even more determined to keep
Coventry Stadium alive.
Only my opinion, and your entitled to yours , even though your really way out of order!
Back to top Go down
cliverichard

PostSubject: Re: Admission prices   Thu Mar 31, 2016 5:15 pm

Sort of response I expected if you want to delete it them delete it this is allstox not stoxnet free country free speech
Back to top Go down
Grafter

PostSubject: Re: Admission prices   Thu Mar 31, 2016 5:34 pm

cliverichard wrote:
Let's get back to the topic ,why does Coventry feel it's got to charge 2 above everyone else,and don't tell us it's because we've got 70 odd cars because you've always charged more than most of the other stadiums
Its not ALWAYS been the case that Coventry charge more; I remember under Mr Ochiltree's reign that they were a bit cheaper than old Long Eaton under (let me chalk the prices over the turnstiles illegibly) Mr Barber.
Anyway seeing as you are going, to cov, I supose you could always find Mr Heaver and ask him in person?
Back to top Go down
wildcat

Number of posts : 462
Registration date : 2007-12-13

PostSubject: Re: Admission prices   Thu Mar 31, 2016 6:26 pm

"Wrong answer think back last year a couple of meetings raised probably the same amount of cars as what's just raced over the last weekend but price still over and above everywhere else ,also did I say anywhere in my post that I won't be there no !"

Why come on here to try and start an age old argument about admission prices ? Things are simple, if you don't like the prices.....stay at home, or if you are going then speak to Jeremy in person and ask him. He is approachable and will answer your questions in person too, if you think everyone else who posts on here has the wrong answer ?

Then you can come on here on Sunday morning and tell us all !!
Back to top Go down
beaks

PostSubject: Re: Admission prices   Thu Mar 31, 2016 6:57 pm

Last edited by beaks on Sat Apr 02, 2016 6:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
cliverichard

PostSubject: Re: Admission prices   Thu Mar 31, 2016 9:30 pm

Oh well 1 against 4 ,what the hell here goes did I say anything about drivers there family's and other people no ,if I wanted to be confrontational yes I'd do that in person beaks your post very good but purely one-sided after all I only wanted to know why do Coventry charge more than anyone else and it seems like I've woken everybody up and out of hibernation
Back to top Go down
beaks

PostSubject: Re: Admission prices   Thu Mar 31, 2016 9:50 pm

Last edited by beaks on Sat Apr 02, 2016 6:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
sausage

Number of posts : 2526
Registration date : 2010-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Admission prices   Fri Apr 01, 2016 4:25 pm

The prophet Jeremiah is ripping the arse out of this 'Final season at Coventry' nostalgia...
Steve Rees is an angel compared to Heaver at the moment.

Last edited by sausage on Fri Apr 01, 2016 4:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
sausage

PostSubject: Re: Admission prices   Fri Apr 01, 2016 4:26 pm

And you lot are thick as mince for putting up with it..
Back to top Go down
Grafter

PostSubject: Re: Admission prices   Fri Apr 01, 2016 8:44 pm

sausage wrote:
And you lot are thick as mince for putting up with it..
Cheer up sausage, anyone would think we just keep going round in circles lol!
Back to top Go down
sausage

PostSubject: Re: Admission prices   Fri Apr 01, 2016 9:42 pm

I've honastly not been keeping abreast of things Grafter regarding the new site, last i read which was a while ago, when everyone was guessing its exact location, has there been any more info since then?.
Back to top Go down
Grafter

PostSubject: Re: Admission prices   Fri Apr 01, 2016 9:53 pm

Nah, nothing from the horses mouth. I heard last week, all unofficial, that the new site had hit some planning issues though.
I just hope that old eager beaver makes good use of all the events at Coventry this season. Starting by getting any petitions signed as folk pass through the turnstiles tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
sausage

PostSubject: Re: Admission prices   Fri Apr 01, 2016 11:24 pm

So can we safely rule out, that this 'new site' is not just a load of Tosh, fabricated to keep punters excited, rather than tell the Malaysian & Heaver to heave-ho..
Back to top Go down
Grafter

PostSubject: Re: Admission prices   Sat Apr 02, 2016 9:45 am

Well I like to think that Sophie is not the type to put herself in the lions den at Coventry on one hand (the only F1 track to not be a part of the successful central driver booking system) and then be a central booking point for the drivers at all the other tracks (I think I would be hard pressed to say no to her if she rang me up and asked if I would like to come and play at the weekend).
So knowing how passionate Sophie is about seeing things done right; I doubt she would still be at Coventry if there wasn't a good chance of all things coming good.
Sophie = the new Bernadette Eccelstone!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Admission prices   

Back to top Go down

Admission prices
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next