Share | 

Rdc promotions are a joke

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
stevieg

Number of posts : 401
Registration date : 2008-05-17

PostSubject: Rdc promotions are a joke   Sun Sep 11, 2016 10:29 pm

After last night the title says it all worst promotion to either run a world final never thought say this but Deane wood taking over best thing to happen to the place heart goes out to drivers mechanics team members and race fans who spent a lot of money for that rubish dished up last night worst I've ever seen. Big well done H 124 class drive well done enjoy gold for 12 months. Has for f2 difficult season with turn out etc then get that from a promotor makes u think is it worth while . .
Back to top Go down
Grafter

Number of posts : 2114
Registration date : 2007-12-07

PostSubject: Re: Rdc promotions are a joke   Mon Sep 12, 2016 7:58 am

Come on put a bit of  meat on the bone and apply some constructive comments on how they could have done it better.
I was going to go but in view of the weather I gave it a miss and took the kids to Santa pod.......good action (not that I'm impressed by driving in a straight line)/plenty for the kids to do and free to get in/great parking/clean toilets/great knowledgeable folks happy to spend 10minutes chatting set up and engine building and all finished off for us about 6pm with a smashed up rod....unlucky.

Last edited by Grafter on Mon Sep 12, 2016 8:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
wildcat

Number of posts : 462
Registration date : 2007-12-13

PostSubject: Re: Rdc promotions are a joke   Mon Sep 12, 2016 1:40 pm

Two Words......track preparation !

No attempt all night to do anything to the track. The promotion cannot do a great deal about the weather they get dished up, but they can make some attempt to make the track raceable, and give the drivers some kind of flat surface to race on.

The consi SF was terrible for anyone who went off the single racing line. Maybe should have changed the running order around and put the heavier Saloons out first to move some of the sludge. Apparently there was a grading blade in the pits but it was broken, with the predicted weather and chance it may be required, and to add this was the No1 event of the year then surely it wouldn't take Einstein to realise it may be needed, so get it into working order. The promotion owed it to the Drivers and the spectators.

They could have taken a leaf out of Coventry's book and driven the tractors round.....but no, there was a contraption on the infield which was basically a set of about 10 wheels fitted into a frame that would hook on the back of a tractor....but no that stayed on the infield all evening, this would have helped flatten the sludge a bit.....

Plenty of things that could have been done, but nothing at all....

To do something would have been good, even if it didn't work.....but to do nothing, that's out of order.

The winner was the best driver on the night, and in fact lapped the whole field, so well done to Wim Peeters, but the promotion was....non existent.
Back to top Go down
Grafter

Number of posts : 2114
Registration date : 2007-12-07

PostSubject: Re: Rdc promotions are a joke   Mon Sep 12, 2016 9:05 pm

Its a small world.... I saw a long time fan at our local roadside cafe at lunchtime. They said they don't get to too many meetings these days; when I asked him why he said it was because the meetings felt too samey these days. He then went on to say he felt that the promotors keep making empty promises and failing to deliver on the basics. He then shocked me a little more when he said " it just feels like they are on the run down to retirement like me"!
Back to top Go down
westiedub

Number of posts : 73
Registration date : 2008-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Rdc promotions are a joke   Tue Sep 13, 2016 7:44 pm

Yes RDC were a total joke,i agree with the 3 comments so far...They were totally unprofessional,WHY I thought, they have been promoting that track for years!.So surely they would know how to run a meeting,and be used to coping with whatever nature throws at them...ffs!
Deane Wood was there too,wonder what he thought lol..
It was that Shite I left with 4 races left (10pm)..The 3 finals and a DD...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rdc promotions are a joke   

Back to top Go down

Rdc promotions are a joke
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1